Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Amiga.com Store Question  (Read 3256 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Franko

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 03:22:27 AM »
@ ferrellsl

Gosh after reading that load of pish I can only assume your talking about yourself... :)

Actually, can't even think of one "real person" i've alienated as people I know are the exact opposite of an "attention whore" like yourself and they actually know how to laugh and enjoy themselves instead of being a highly opinionated pompous @rsehole like you... :)

PS: take your own advice and stop taking over this thread with the absolute $hite your drivelling here... ;)

I'm not sad actually, I'm happy... really, really happy... :D
 

Offline commodorejohn

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 03:47:00 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655794
Weak minded people like you never cease to amaze me.  Whenever you're too weak minded to offer up an argument, you stoop to name calling.
I offer this quote without comment, as its stunning irony is entirely impossible to miss. Unless, apparently, you're ferrellsl.
Quote
But you insist on taking over every thread and turning it into an anti-Amiga rant.
Wait, I'm confused. How does a rant about people abusing the "Amiga" trademark to refer to things that have nothing to do with the actual Amiga qualify as an "anti-Amiga rant?" Seems if anything it'd be pro-Amiga.
Quote
You've obviously alienated any real people in your life by your antics so now you have to stoop to using the web to get your jollies since no one in their right mind can stand to be around you in person.....sad....really sad....
"Don't wait, call now! Dr. ferrellsl, Armchair Psychologist, is offering professional-quality counseling at bargain-basement prices! If you call within the next 15 minutes, you'll even get this free home psychoanalysis kit!"
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup
 

Offline ferrellsl

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 03:47:26 AM »
Quote from: Franko;655797
@ ferrellsl

Gosh after reading that load of pish I can only assume your talking about yourself... :)

Actually, can't even think of one "real person" i've alienated as people I know are the exact opposite of an "attention whore" like yourself and they actually know how to laugh and enjoy themselves instead of being a highly opinionated pompous @rsehole like you... :)

PS: take your own advice and stop taking over this thread with the absolute $hite your drivelling here... ;)

I'm not sad actually, I'm happy... really, really happy... :D


Wow, there you go again with all your creative arguments.  You remind me of my 8-year old duaghter, but even she can come up with more reasonable arguments than you.  You're the biggest attention whore I've ever encountered and there was even a poll on amiga.org to see how many people wanted you to be permanently banned due to your childish antics.  So you're the KING of attention whores in my book.

Yeah, there aren't any real people left in your life to alienate, so the web is all you have left. Happy my a@@.....you seem like a bitter, lonely old man who has driven all his real friends and family away and who has nothing better to do than name-call anyone who disagrees with you.  Especially if it has anything to do with the Amiga trademark.  No real friends or real life left in the real world, so you stoop to using the web to make everyone in your cyber world miserable.....Good job....you've driven countless people on the web away from here because of your twisted need for attention.
 

Offline ferrellsl

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 03:50:45 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;655801
I offer this quote without comment, as its stunning irony is entirely impossible to miss. Unless, apparently, you're ferrellsl.

Wait, I'm confused. How does a rant about people abusing the "Amiga" trademark to refer to things that have nothing to do with the actual Amiga qualify as an "anti-Amiga rant?" Seems if anything it'd be pro-Amiga.

"Don't wait, call now! Dr. ferrellsl, Armchair Psychologist, is offering professional-quality counseling at bargain-basement prices! If you call within the next 15 minutes, you'll even get this free home psychoanalysis kit!"

Actually I'm a real psychologist and I think you're a manifestation of one of Franko's many faces.....multiple personality disorder with extreme hostility.  You an Franko are one in the same.......Franko can get "attention x 2" if he has a secondary personality and another logon account.  Oh, and my rates aren't cheap, even if I accept your health insurance.  The co-pay is $200 per hour.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:53:05 AM by ferrellsl »
 

Offline giZmo350

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 04:03:11 AM »
Note to self:
When the world crumbles; there's always............
BEER!
:)
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB
 
A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9
 
A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With An AMIGA Is Fun Again!
 

Offline Franko

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 04:12:36 AM »
@ ferrellsl

Obviously you haven't the slightest idea about anything you are rattling your gums at here... ;)

Arguing... who's arguing... not me... :)

I'm just replying in kind to a total dunderheid who can't get it through his thick skull and into his only living brain cell that he (that being you) doesn't realise that all sh!te he's gibbering is obviously about a **** call "ferrellsl"... :)

Strange how all you diddies who moan about my posts don't realise that the very same complaints can easily be applied to themselves 10 times over but then maybe it's not so strange really as you are obviously as thick as sh!te... :)

Also strange how you and all the other wankers call me childish and an "attention whore" and yet it's always you ****s who resort to armchair Psychiatrists role in determining how sad, unhappy and lonely you diagnose me as being... :rolleyes:

Methinks... no in fact meknows... that these opinions are obviously based on your own sad little existence's and all the crap you post is actually just a subconscious reflection on your own miserable little life... ;)

Me I'm happy, far from lonely and I really enjoy knowing that I can wind up some absolute **** sitting gawd knows where in the world with just a few simple little posts... :D

Kinda obvious who the sad, lonley and childish ones are when all they have to do with their lives is diagnose the ramblings of others on a daft computer forum... ;)

So continue with your rambling as it's fun, and scream blue murder that I'm just here to wind up tossers like yourself (told you that months ago but you obviously don't listen), me I'll just sit here with a big grin on my face thinking about your wee bitter face screwing itself up while you try to come up with your next expert diagnosis about little old me... :)

(Gawd... to think I actually paid to see a Psychiatrist when I could have just signed up here and got all these diagnoses for the price of a membership...) ;)
 

Offline commodorejohn

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 04:15:27 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655803
Actually I'm a real psychologist and I think you're a manifestation of one of Franko's many faces.....multiple personality disorder with extreme hostility.  You an Franko are one in the same.......Franko can get "attention x 2" if he has a secondary personality and another logon account.  Oh, and my rates aren't cheap, even if I accept your health insurance.  The co-pay is $200 per hour.
Hahaha, oh man. I think this is the first time I've been accused of being a sock-puppet...if you like I'll give you my phone number, which is in the US country code (protip: Scotland is not in the US, last I checked,) and you can call me and confirm that I sound nothing at all like Franko.

(Besides which, he and I don't agree on everything; I like 3D games all right and he hates 'em vociferously, for one.)

(And I'd think a "real psychologist" would have a bit more tact than to call people "weak-minded" for thinking that companies shouldn't use the Amiga trademark to hawk wares completely unrelated to the Amiga. But hey, I guess not!)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:17:51 AM by commodorejohn »
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup
 

Offline ferrellsl

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 04:31:20 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;655807
Hahaha, oh man. I think this is the first time I've been accused of being a sock-puppet...if you like I'll give you my phone number, which is in the US country code (protip: Scotland is not in the US, last I checked,) and you can call me and confirm that I sound nothing at all like Franko.

(Besides which, he and I don't agree on everything; I like 3D games all right and he hates 'em vociferously, for one.)

(And I'd think a "real psychologist" would have a bit more tact than to call people "weak-minded" for thinking that companies shouldn't use the Amiga trademark to hawk wares completely unrelated to the Amiga. But hey, I guess not!)

Hey, the entire point of the thread was that some poor sole wanted some advice on buying an android tablet.....a point that you and your other personality id and ego totally missed.  Franko turns it into a rant about trademarks and then you run to Franko's defense.  Franko doesn't need any help to look stupid, he does that well enough on his own, but you seem to think he needs assistance. As for tact, I've never had ANY of that as my wife can attest.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:33:53 AM by ferrellsl »
 

Offline Franko

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 04:33:37 AM »
@ ferrellsl

A Psychologist is a poor mans Psychiatrist who quite simply wasn't clever enough to get the degrees to become to become a Psychiatrist... :)

Plus at $200 (£121) per hour you can't be a very good one... ;)

I pay £225 per hour for my Psychiatrist and I drive him mental just to make sure I'm getting my money's worth... :)

You'd best stick to doing your own self diagnosis and treating small animals with psychological disorders, disturbed Hamsters, that sort of thing... ;)

Me... I'll stick to winding up the numpties and gibbering jobbies for all my imaginary friends... :D
 

Offline ferrellsl

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 04:36:21 AM »
Quote from: Franko;655809
@ ferrellsl

A Psychologist is a poor mans Psychiatrist who quite simply wasn't clever enough to get the degrees to become to become a Psychiatrist... :)

Plus at $200 (£121) per hour you can't be a very good one... ;)

I pay £225 per hour for my Psychiatrist and I drive him mental just to make sure I'm getting my money's worth... :)

You'd best stick to doing your own self diagnosis and treating small animals with psychological disorders, disturbed Hamsters, that sort of thing... ;)

Me... I'll stick to winding up the numpties and gibbering jobbies for all my imaginary friends... :D



My bad. I thought you WERE a hamster!  Damn amiga.org profiles don't list what species we belong to.  Maybe the admins can add a spot in our profiles for species.
 

Offline Franko

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 04:42:22 AM »
@ ferrellsl

Good grief... :eek:

That was ALMOST humorous... ALMOST but not quite... ;)

I would insult you more but my accounts still fecked up and I can't be bothered applying for any more temporary passwords tonight just ot make one post at a time... so I'll just say...

W
h
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e

&

W
i
b
b
l
e

&

a
w
a

n

b
i
l
e

y
e
r

h
e
i
d

:)
 

Offline Duce

  • Off to greener pastures
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 1699
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 05:14:09 AM »
Jesus Christ would you people put a cork in it.
 

Offline Lurch

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2003
  • Posts: 1716
  • Total likes: 0
Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 07:36:05 AM »
So about 5 or so posts ago a mod should have stepped in and closed this thread.

The OP wanted some advice, the advice would be to not buy. Reason, nothing to do with amiga.com apart from the tablet is out of date, and over priced.

If you are keen on something Android check out Ebay. As for the rest of the thread in regards to school ground one up manship ignore.
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub
 

Offline Cool_amigaN

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 09:09:38 AM »
@ferrellsl

Amiga (.com) stole money from the community, get over it. Took the fees but never returned the product.
 

Offline AmigaNG

Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »
I would recommend a HP Touchpad they are going for as little as $99 if you can find one in the US. And their are efforts out their now to get Android on the device failing that look on ebay for a tablet or a second hand ipad 1.

If you really want an Amiga tablet I would recommend getting it from Icontain store more than Amiga.com
http://www.icontainstore.com/products/Xpedio-8%22-Tablet.html

But I would be careful as on Amiga Inc facebook page already one customer is complaining where his tablet is, luckily protected by PayPal.