Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Got One yet?  (Read 879 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Guest
Got One yet?
« on: December 16, 2002, 11:57:48 AM »
Has anyone got their AmigaOnes yet?
If you have, what do you think of the first new Amiga computer in 7 years?  :-?
 

Offline JurassicCamper

Re: Got One yet?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 12:07:12 PM »
Still waiting, but I've ordered a A1 XE G4. I rang Eyetech to change my delivery address and asked at the same time.
They are expecting them this week and hope to have them shipped by the end of this week (20/12/02) for delivery by christmas. Which is what Alan said at WOA.



 
A1200T PPC 330Mhz in a Custom Modified Fractal Design R3 Case
 

Offline The_Editor

Re: Got One yet?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 12:08:18 PM »
Hey ... East Midlands ... Thats where I am !
The Reluctant Pom
 

Offline JurassicCamper

Re: Got One yet?
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2002, 12:10:34 PM »
Quote

The_Editor wrote:
Hey ... East Midlands ... Thats where I am !


POSH ?
A1200T PPC 330Mhz in a Custom Modified Fractal Design R3 Case
 

  • Guest
Re: Got One yet?
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2002, 12:12:22 PM »
Quote

JurassicCamper wrote:
Still waiting, but I've ordered a A1 XE G4. I rang Eyetech to change my delivery address and asked at the same time.
 


AmigaOne XE? I thought you can only order the G3SE systems at the moment?
You also say that Eyetech expect to have them shipped by the 20th (this Friday).
Yet, I rang Eyetech the other day and they said that's the day they close for Xmas.

PS...Ordered my G3SE 600 on 2nd December! :-)
 

Offline The_Editor

Re: Got One yet?
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2002, 12:13:02 PM »
Yeah !!

Or rather .. Pirates .. or whatever there called  now.!!
The Reluctant Pom
 

Offline JurassicCamper

Re: Got One yet?
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2002, 12:24:23 PM »
Quote

SmartAlec wrote:
Quote

JurassicCamper wrote:
Still waiting, but I've ordered a A1 XE G4. I rang Eyetech to change my delivery address and asked at the same time.
 


AmigaOne XE? I thought you can only order the G3SE systems at the moment?
You also say that Eyetech expect to have them shipped by the 20th (this Friday).
Yet, I rang Eyetech the other day and they said that's the day they close for Xmas.

PS...Ordered my G3SE on 2nd December! :-)


You can order what you want thats allways been the case its just that the 700Mhz G3 XE wont ship to early next year. But The 600Mhz G3 SE and the 800Mhz G4 XE are available to order now.

I'd give them a quick ring to see if you can change your order if you want a G4.

AmigaOneG3-SE and AmigaOne-XE Earlybird Systems now on sale!

I ordered an XE on 29/11/02

I put the date as an indication of the end of the week.

My department "closes" for christmas on the 24th. Which means I still work the 24th, because thats the day the office closes. Its all a matter of interpretation I guess. I interpet closing on the 20th for Christmas as the closing friday afternoon at the end of the working day.

A1200T PPC 330Mhz in a Custom Modified Fractal Design R3 Case
 

  • Guest
Re: Got One yet?
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2002, 12:31:48 PM »
Quote

JurassicCamper wrote:
Quote

SmartAlec wrote:
Quote

JurassicCamper wrote:
Still waiting, but I've ordered a A1 XE G4. I rang Eyetech to change my delivery address and asked at the same time.
 


AmigaOne XE? I thought you can only order the G3SE systems at the moment?
You also say that Eyetech expect to have them shipped by the 20th (this Friday).
Yet, I rang Eyetech the other day and they said that's the day they close for Xmas.

PS...Ordered my G3SE on 2nd December! :-)


You can order what you want thats allways been the case its just that the 700Mhz G3 XE wont ship to early next year. But The 600Mhz G3 SE and the 800Mhz G4 XE are available to order now.

I'd give them a quick ring to see if you can change your order if you want a G4.

AmigaOneG3-SE and AmigaOne-XE Earlybird Systems now on sale!

I ordered an XE on 29/11/02

I put the date as an indication of the end of the week.

My department "closes" for christmas on the 24th. Which means I still work the 24th, because thats the day the office closes. Its all a matter of interpretation I guess. I interpet closing on the 20th for Christmas as the closing friday afternoon at the end of the working day.



Yes, but isn't one day pushing it a bit for all those machines to be dispatched?
Eyetech are expecting them on 20th, so on the 20th...they have to arrive, be tested, and posted!
 

Offline The_Editor

Re: Got One yet?
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2002, 12:41:41 PM »
Well,  I shall be waiting for mine into the new year as I spent £150 on a kewl case .. So i've only got £310 saved now !!

I decided to buy the case first so it ensures I get a good *bastard instead of a ... "It'll have to do" job, when I spend out on the MoBo + 1 gig RAM.
The Reluctant Pom
 

Offline JurassicCamper

Re: Got One yet?
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2002, 12:42:05 PM »
 
Quote

SmartAlec wrote:
Yes, but isn't one day pushing it a bit for all those machines to be dispatched?
Eyetech are expecting them on 20th, so on the 20th...they have to arrive, be tested, and posted!


Who actually said they were expecting them on the 20th and were shipping on the 20th ?

What i said was they are expecting them this week!
16th,17th,18th,19th 20th !!!! thats this week.
And hope to get them out by the end of the week. Then end of the week being the 20th!!!

What makes you think that they have not already had a burn-in in the factory before they are dispatched to eyetech.

The board does appear to have  have quite a few logic testing points / pins on it on it

If your that worried give them a ring.

http://amiga.org/gallery/photo.php?lid=178
A1200T PPC 330Mhz in a Custom Modified Fractal Design R3 Case
 

  • Guest
Re: Got One yet?
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2002, 12:50:51 PM »
Quote

The_Editor wrote:
Well,  I shall be waiting for mine into the new year as I spent £150 on a kewl case .. So i've only got £310 saved now !!



Lucky bast@rd!
I have about £45 left in the bank!

Well, it's 12.50..better get back to school for my German mock exam!
Keep on postin!