Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Girls games preference...  (Read 4071 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fishy_fiz

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »
Hahaha,.... that's so far off the mark I dont know where to start with how wrong it is.

Yes, Im so sexist that I spend a good chunk of my free time discussing the creative side of Amiga with a good friend, who happens to be one of this sites best known females. We've spent hours upon hours talking about, and doing creative stuff for the Amiga for the past few years since we met..... yes obviously Im sexist and dont believe woman can enjoy thier amigas. The fact that me and Cammy colaborate on Amiga stuff proves that......

Seriously guy, how the smeg did you come to this highly amusing conclusion ?
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.
 

Offline murple

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 09:15:12 PM »
Yes, because all girls think the same, right?
 

Offline ChaosLord

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 09:32:50 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;589674
I mean really,... who believes his list is more than the people in it humoring him
Please name 1 female that said she liked Total Chaos, not because she meant it, but rather just to humor me ?
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA
 

Offline fishy_fiz

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 09:43:02 PM »
Both Jane and Debra.
Vague, and who are they ?  Exactly.

Anyway, I suspect you'll miss the point as you have anything Ive said already, so I'll re-itterate the fact that my comments were tongue in cheek.

I dont want to belittle your work, if youre enjoying it then good luck to you.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.
 

Offline save2600

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 12:16:48 AM »
Are we just talking about girls and the Amiga? Or girls and gaming in general? Generally speaking and remembering what some liked to play in the past and present, I've noticed women get a kick out of:

Centipede
Any Pac-Man type game
Gyruss
Dig Dug
Guitar Hero
Any video or REAL pinball machine
Any card or trivia games, especially on the MegaTouch bar top touch screens (I own one)
Old fashioned Shuffle puck bowlers
Juno First
Donkey Kong I and III
Burgertime
Pooyan
Moon Patrol
Tetris
2600 Demon Attack
2600 Adventure

...can't say I've ever known a woman that's been into RPG's, Chess or war strategy games. lol  Different generation for sure. I can see teenagers, tweens and twenty-somethings liking some RPG's though. After a certain age/responsibility/lifestyle, just no time for certain games (if any) anymore  ;)

Also can't say I've ever known any women that were into gaming on a computer come to think of it. Console's and real arcade machines, yes.
 

Offline runequester

  • It\'s Amiga time!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Posts: 3695
  • Total likes: 0
Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 12:37:58 AM »
Quote from: save2600;589757
Are we just talking about girls and the Amiga? Or girls and gaming in general? Generally speaking and remembering what some liked to play in the past and present, I've noticed women get a kick out of:

Centipede
Any Pac-Man type game
Gyruss
Dig Dug
Guitar Hero
Any video or REAL pinball machine
Any card or trivia games, especially on the MegaTouch bar top touch screens (I own one)
Old fashioned Shuffle puck bowlers
Juno First
Donkey Kong I and III
Burgertime
Pooyan
Moon Patrol
Tetris
2600 Demon Attack
2600 Adventure

...can't say I've ever known a woman that's been into RPG's, Chess or war strategy games. lol  Different generation for sure. I can see teenagers, tweens and twenty-somethings liking some RPG's though. After a certain age/responsibility/lifestyle, just no time for certain games (if any) anymore  ;)

Also can't say I've ever known any women that were into gaming on a computer come to think of it. Console's and real arcade machines, yes.


My wife is into real RPG's with dice and paper. Not so much the wargames though.
 

Offline Retrofan

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 12:48:24 AM »
Am I wrong or no girl has answered?
 
How many girls are in A-org? Two?
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.
 

Offline ElPolloDiabl

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 01:04:21 AM »
Amiga or other. But I did say games they say they like, not just ones they play to be part of the group. e.g. My friends sister use to come and play Mechwarrior with us, but only to 'join in'.

So I guess there is no stigma of 'boys' games and the little ones won't get told "No, they're for boys" when she points at a video game.
Go Go Gadget Signature!
 

Offline Retrofan

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 01:13:55 AM »
But how many girls are out there?
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.
 

Offline Drummerboy

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 02:40:22 AM »
You know for me, not exist games for girls and games for guys..

But i saw some girls like games lika

-Burger Time
-Sims
-Super Frog
-Super Mario
-Henrys House
-Frogger
-Super Breakout
-Carmen San Diego Series
-Rodland
-Quest Games
-WII Sports
-Thats Dancing Game (i cant remember the name)
-and others

but

-Others more Hardcore Gamers play games like,

-Street Fighters
-Action and Adventure Games
-RPG Games

Anyway all depends about the Taste..
Amiga 1000, 500, 600, 2000, 1200, 4000...

C= VIC 20 / 64 /SX64/ 128

Atari 600XL (SIC Cartdridge)
Atari 800XL (SIO2SD unit)

Jay Miner`s Atari 2600 - Wood front -

\\"Amiga, this Computer have a Own Live\\"--\\"Silence When the Drums are Talking\\".... DrummerBoy
 

Offline amiga92570

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 02:44:05 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;589686
Hahaha,.... that's so far off the mark I dont know where to start with how wrong it is.

Yes, Im so sexist that I spend a good chunk of my free time discussing the creative side of Amiga with a good friend, who happens to be one of this sites best known females. We've spent hours upon hours talking about, and doing creative stuff for the Amiga for the past few years since we met..... yes obviously Im sexist and dont believe woman can enjoy thier amigas. The fact that me and Cammy colaborate on Amiga stuff proves that......

Seriously guy, how the smeg did you come to this highly amusing conclusion ?


you mean there is more than one female on this site? :laughing:
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit too.  :-o
 

Offline kolla

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 03:09:25 AM »
I only know of one girl game - The Great Giana Sisters.
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM460 and Mac minis with MorphOS
 

Offline runequester

  • It\'s Amiga time!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Posts: 3695
  • Total likes: 0
Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 03:24:27 AM »
Quote from: kolla;589796
I only know of one girl game - The Great Giana Sisters.


There was a girl in Golden axe
 

Offline Orkin

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 08:41:55 AM »
Jenn: OrkinLand, Temple of the Enlightened Souls, and, of course, Total Chaos.
 
June: OrkinLand, Rodland, Pick n Pile, and, of course, Total Chaos
 
Rachel: OrkinLand and Total Chaos
 
Tess the Mess: OrkinLand (Really likes the orange boxes)
 
Beth: OrkinLand (She loves to kill things, especially monsters)
 
Briana: OrkinLand. We are planning an 8-player game, and she'll probably win!
 
Melissa: OrkinLand. Poor little Melissa :hammer:
 
p.s. OrkinLand isn't out yet, but I'm thinking of making it, and these girls all have great confidence that it'll be their favorite game ever.
 

Offline Boudicca

Re: Girls games preference...
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 09:47:47 AM »
Where are the Girls !

The problem is....this oh so accurate guesstimate is based on "my *InsertFemaleTitle*" and is just so funny!

Some of you should write it thus....

"My female likes.............." covers all basics.......I guess the after hours hair dragging to bed occurs in the same manner.

Lets be honest the topic the thread and the attempt at being PC was so wrong to begin with.....you all just tripped over yourselves, on the way to generalisation.

;) Have you pressed the "Try Harder" button ?
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.