Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Mystery Amiga Hardware Coming to the DiscreetFX iStore on June 30th, 2010!  (Read 22196 times)

Description:

Offline tone007

Re: New Mystery Amiga Hardware Coming to the DiscreetFX iStore on June 30th, 2010!
« Reply #164 from previous page: June 30, 2010, 11:40:56 PM »
ZorRAM definitely calls for more fanfare than a joystick and an SSD.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline Gulliver

Quote from: Gulliver;566862
A 2 Yottabyte SSD

So I was right! :)

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
@amigakit, tone007

ZorRAM is a great product.

@klx300r

Over 3000 hours have gone into the development of Aladdin 4D 6.0. Internal Beta 6.0.0.5 came out on June 24th, 2010.

Offline Crom00

• Show only replies by Crom00
For Aladdin IT'd be cool to have future publishing's 3d World (or 3d Artist) cover Aladdin 4D . Future publshing has strong Amiga roots. I beleive their first mag was the legendary UK Amiga format. I think that would be a cool story.

Ben Vost (former editor) and NewTek Europe employee fondy recounted some nice last day of Amiga format stories. Mainly going to a pub and drinking to the demise.

Nick Vitech still works for FUTURE ... in thier linux mag I think...

So there are some Amiga die hards over there.

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
Quote from: B00tDisk;568266
dear lord YOU CAN BUY AN SSD FROM NEWEGG NOW!

*facepalm*

oy, amigans...

Yes, but you can't buy a SCSI one.

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
Quote from: mongo;568318
Yes, but you can't buy a SCSI one.

Do what now?
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline orb85750

• Show only replies by orb85750
Quote from: B00tDisk;568266
dear lord YOU CAN BUY AN SSD FROM NEWEGG NOW!

*facepalm*

oy, amigans...

But I'd rather buy from a company that supports Amiga.

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
Quote from: B00tDisk;568321
Do what now?

I didn't say you couldn't buy one anywhere, just that you couldn't buy one from Newegg as you had previously suggested.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Has anyone found out what size the ssd's are?
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline VingtTrois

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by VingtTrois
    • http://www.amiga.org/gallery/images/6006/1_2316_My_AMIGA_Collection_Sept2010.jpg
Quote from: B00tDisk;568159
I am hereby announcing today that I am releasing a brand new Amiga product no Amigan can live without!  In fact, it's so awesome you may want to buy many of them!  These are brand new just for classic amiga users and as a result are available for the low low price of $1500 each!

I'm very interested by these 2 units. Can I upgrade all my AMIGA with these new pieces ? Do you have the pink color model with 060/PPC included ? :biglaugh:

Quote from: amigakit;568274
perhaps this is the way we should have marketed zorram a few weeks ago when we launched it for the classic amiga :-d

+ 1

Quote from: tone007;568287
zorram definitely calls for more fanfare than a joystick and an ssd.

+ 2
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:17:28 AM by VingtTrois »
-A3K(T)040@35MHz/78MB/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/PICASSO II/GVP IO/A2088XT/DENEB/HDD18GB
-A3K(D)030@25MHz/134MB RAM/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/RETINA Z2/OKTAGON 2008/VLAB YC/MIDI/DKB3128/HDD18GB
-A2K/ROM 1.3-3.1/2MBCHIP/8MB/A2091/OKTAGON 2008/A2058/TANDEM IDE/FlickerFixer-Scandoubler/Genlock
-A1200/KS3.1/2MB+9MB/CF2GB A1200[/

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
BUMP!

Quote from: amigadave;568344
Has anyone found out what size the ssd's are?

@Pyromania,

I guess I should have directed the above question to you in the first place.  I could not find the size of the SSD's that are for sale on the DiscreetFX site, or any specific information regarding connection to a Flyer card SCSI controller with or without adapters needed.

I have purchased several newer Ultra160 & Ultra320 SCSI drives to replace my aging Flyer drives, but have not yet gotten them setup and recognized by either of my Flyer systems.  If I am unable to use the drives I already have purchased, I would be interested in purchasing another alternative, but need details.

Offline recidivist

• Show only replies by recidivist
Personally I would have welcomed an announcement of  all the products that DIDN'T  try to fool us into thinking something  entirely new and fantastic was coming.

It is good that you are providing all three products .

But I wonder if anyone really thinks mocking customers is a way to increase sales?I once worked for a tractor dealer who ridiculed his customers who wanted parts for older  equipment.He hoped that would be shamed into buying new tractors.He is long ago out of business, and lasted only a few years .

I have to still think Commodore's ads of the 1990s were the most ineffective as those ads used minimal images of the computer but instead too many non-computer cartoon  figures and lots of words that readers simply flipped past.And spending your ad budget in magazines for people who already own your product is odd targeting if you want new customers.

Certainly this generated a lot of interest.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
BUMP! (again)

What are the sizes of the SSD's offered on the DiscreetFX site for use with an Amiga Video Toaster/Flyer system and do they connect directly to the Flyer's 50pin SCSI controllers?

Quote from: amigadave;568474
BUMP!

@Pyromania,

I guess I should have directed the above question to you in the first place.  I could not find the size of the SSD's that are for sale on the DiscreetFX site, or any specific information regarding connection to a Flyer card SCSI controller with or without adapters needed.

I have purchased several newer Ultra160 & Ultra320 SCSI drives to replace my aging Flyer drives, but have not yet gotten them setup and recognized by either of my Flyer systems.  If I am unable to use the drives I already have purchased, I would be interested in purchasing another alternative, but need details.

Offline joetee

• Show only replies by joetee
Good news to me!
The $99 (or $149 for 2) for a SCSI SSD seems like a good price - I dont have to do any hunting to find a rare scsi2ide converter and small IDE SSD that will work together, so
thank you Pyromania.
I'm guessing the capacity will be in the 1 to 4Gb range - which is fine - I want to get one to replace the 4Gb conner (50pin) drive I have on my GVP040 in my A2000.
I hope it will work with HDtoolbox and use normal RDBs ok...

P.S. I agree that ZoRAM is great and I'm getting one soon.
Joe Torre .  . ...X Hardware Engineer @ Amiga Inc... .  .

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
Sorry for the delay guys, SSD sizes are 8 GB each.

Offline T3000

• Show only replies by T3000
    • http://www.rcfreas.com
Only 8gig each? An entery level amount of space but sufficiant for small projects.
I assume an external drive scsi bay and the flyer scsi cable are still needed for this solution. Some photos of the setup would be nice.