Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Who would like to see more games on the amiga  (Read 2450 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JC

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 04:12:19 PM »
I'm all for any new games. Somebody makes one, I will buy it. I haven't made the plunge and bought a Sam just yet but I was wondering does anyone know how many games there are that work on the Samiga w/ OS4.1.
A1000, A500, A600, A1200, CDTV, A2000, A4000 Towered, SamFlex 800mhz,
 

Offline colin419

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 05:10:57 PM »
Quote from: Varthall;510125
Same here. Porting For Profit is making OS4 ports of open source games, the one I'm working on now is Trigger (http://happypenguin.org/show?Trigger), but it will take a while before I'll finish the port, I need to debug it using the Linux version to compare how some portions of code behave. There are more nice games out that still need to be ported, too.


just checked it,looks cool:)
 

Offline colin419

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 05:13:49 PM »
Quote from: Varthall;510125
Same here. Porting For Profit is making OS4 ports of open source games, the one I'm working on now is Trigger (http://happypenguin.org/show?Trigger), but it will take a while before I'll finish the port, I need to debug it using the Linux version to compare how some portions of code behave. There are more nice games out that still need to be ported, too.

P.S. the "Commodore Amiga" part is odd, it means that it's not meant even for Amiga Technologies' Amigas? ;)

Varthall


Just checked out trigger, looks good:)
 

Offline Cammy

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »
Quote from: Hans_;510309
Speaking of which, how is your classic game project coming along?

Hans


I guess you mean Halloween Nightmare? The story, characters, level design and graphics are all coming along nicely, unfortunately we still haven't found someone to code the main game engine and can't afford to pay the composer we want to do the music for the game. It will be a great game when it's finished, but we either need more people helping out or donations to get it going faster. I've been thinking of selling my old games consoles and a few comic book collections to gather some funds to put towards paying a coder or composer. It's hard when everyone on our team is unemployed :(

And even if we don't sell many copies, we're still going to keep making more Amiga games. We're in it for the long run!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 05:52:33 PM by Cammy »
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS for your PC, it\'s FREE and comes in two flavours!
http://www.icarosdesktop.org
http://www.aros-broadway.de
 

Offline Arkhan

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »
Quote from: Cammy;510839
I guess you mean Halloween Nightmare? The story, characters, level design and graphics are all coming along nicely, unfortunately we still haven't found someone to code the main game engine and can't afford to pay the composer we want to do the music for the game. It will be a great game when it's finished, but we either need more people helping out or donations to get it going faster. I've been thinking of selling my old games consoles and a few comic book collections to gather some funds to put towards paying a coder or composer. It's hard when everyone on our team is unemployed :(

And even if we don't sell many copies, we're still going to keep making more Amiga games. We're in it for the long run!


what old game consoles are we talkin about here? :afro:
I am a negative, rude, prick.  


"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:
 

Offline Cammy

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 07:42:18 PM »
Quote from: Arkhan;510842
what old game consoles are we talkin about here? :afro:


PAL ones, sorry. I have a few Sega Master Systems, Mega Drives, NES and SNESs, and a fair collection of games for them. I really don't want to part with them all, but some of it can be sold, and I have no other way of earning money at the moment.

I have several PAL NES games like the Super Mario Bros, Zelda and Mega Man games, and a Boxing Game & Watch to sell too.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS for your PC, it\'s FREE and comes in two flavours!
http://www.icarosdesktop.org
http://www.aros-broadway.de
 

Offline saimo

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »
Hello amigans,

since some of the issues brought up in this thread are particularly dear to me, I thought I might share my opinion...

Since the Amiga market is so little, producing new games is basically a work of love. Unfortunately, since making games is very demanding and since everybody has to carry on with life, it isn't surprising that there's lack of games. I'm sure many would just love to make games for the Amiga platforms.
But I guess I'm stating the obvious.

As regards creating modern-looking games: are you really sure that, f.ex., Lionheart or The Chaos Engine would look better in a higher resolution? More in general, are you sure that using all the latest technologies automatically means better technical quality? What I want to say is: don't be fooled! Modern technologies are nice and all, but also old techniques have their beauty and value, and it's a pity to forget them.
(I'm thinking of the visual aspect).

Finally, as regards the oldkool gameplay: that's another thing that has been forgotten. Games, with all the due exceptions, tend to be empty shells. Not just for lack of ideas (it's hard to innovate nowadays), but also because game makers wrongly think that impressing people is what really counts, that the core of the gaming experience revolves around senses. But that's false. And games tend to be shallow, to provide just superficial pleasure. Also, I have a feeling that sometimes games are made to last little, so that the gamer has to buy another one. What the good ol' times games did was to involve and challenge greatly the gamer's intellect, patience, endurance, determination and so on, ultimately giving him/her an entertaining and deeply rewarding experience. I call it the no-pain-no-gain phylosophy, as opposed to today's gain-without-pain one.
It's a complex matter and I'm so tired that I'm not sure I expressed my thoughts conveniently, so I'll stop it here.

In the end, allow me a shameless plug: BOH seems to meet some/all of the requirements of some of you partecipating to this discussion: it's new, it's for the Amiga, it's oldskool... have you tried it yet? ;)

saimo
 

Offline delshay

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 08:24:03 PM »
i like to see more expansion pack support for the following

freespace SILENT THREAT
QUAKE 2 mission packs

also why no port of HEXEN II?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:49:31 PM by delshay »
-------------
power is nothing without control
 

Offline Arkhan

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »
Quote from: Cammy;510876
PAL ones, sorry. I have a few Sega Master Systems, Mega Drives, NES and SNESs, and a fair collection of games for them. I really don't want to part with them all, but some of it can be sold, and I have no other way of earning money at the moment.

I have several PAL NES games like the Super Mario Bros, Zelda and Mega Man games, and a Boxing Game & Watch to sell too.


oh... i have all that stuff >_< NTSC-style.
I am a negative, rude, prick.  


"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:
 

Offline ElPolloDiabl

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 05:48:13 PM »
Cammy,

get a job at Maccas or Woolies. They are always hiring.
Go Go Gadget Signature!
 

Offline ElPolloDiabl

Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »
Heads up, it's edutainment. Take a look:___>:hammer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4x07bUzyyg&feature=fvhl
Go Go Gadget Signature!