Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: www.softhut.com  (Read 17000 times)

Description:

Offline motruckerTopic starter

www.softhut.com
« on: May 30, 2009, 01:02:10 AM »
Software hut is one of the oldest Amiga sellers around. They are still there for the Amiga user. Their latest work with GVP-m says a lot. Good people, good business
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline new2amga

• Show only replies by new2amga
    • http://www.canadiancrusaders.com
Re: www.softhut.com
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 01:35:10 AM »
Yes I ordered one of the new GVP 4060 Accelerators from there.  I haven't gotten it yet, but that's okay.  I have to send my A4000 Mobo in because it's got issues... :( Oh well it will be worth it when I get everything all fixed up!

Offline rednova

• Show only replies by rednova
    • https://sites.google.com/site/rednova3d/
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 01:49:04 AM »
Dear amigans:

I ordered from software hut, recently, a GVP 16 mb simm -ram-.
The simm got here on my home, and I did not wait long to get it. I installed the simm
on my a1200, and Voila, now I got 32 mb ram !!! ( I had one simm before). SOftware hut send me the simm real pronto, and it was on good condition.
Thank you Software Hut !!!
-mobilis in mobile-

Offline motruckerTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »
Quote from: rednova;457023
Dear amigans:

I ordered from software hut, recently, a GVP 16 mb simm -ram-.
The simm got here on my home, and I did not wait long to get it....... on good condition.
Thank you Software Hut !!!

I have been dealing with Joe at Software Hut since the beginning of time. Have always been treated like a valued customer. Even attended a couple of their Cook outs!
Between Software Hut and Amigakit we have some serious help getting Amiga hardware and software.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »
Between Software Hut and Amigakit we have some serious help getting Amiga hardware and software.

We certainly do. I'm often a "difficult customer," and both have taken it in stride.

Offline rednova

• Show only replies by rednova
    • https://sites.google.com/site/rednova3d/
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 08:39:11 PM »
Is software hut still gonna be open for the future ?
If it is, I could save some money to support them and buy amiga stuff from them :)
Thanks !!!
-mobilis in mobile-

Offline don27dog

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 09:52:33 PM »
Motrucker,

86' Kx 250?
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 150Mhz, 68060 50 Mhz, 128Meg Ram, IndivisionAGA, Deneb USB Controller, Zorram 256, Os3.9/Os4.0 Classic
Amiga 3000T Warp Engine 4040, Elbox FastATA Controller, Progressive Perpherals ProRam3000 64Meg, Mediator, VoodooIII, Os3.9

Offline ami_junki

• Show only replies by ami_junki
    • http://www.cd32gamer.info
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 04:39:25 AM »
I used to order from them back in the day, late eighties/early nineties and they had always great service back then.  However a bit disappointed with the lack of communication this time round. :(

Offline marcfrick2112

• Show only replies by marcfrick2112
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 08:01:31 AM »
Well, I'd say Softhut is a very good company. Regarding the oft-times lack of communication... well, I'm sure that Amiga isn't Softhut's main business anymore.. They may not be perfect, but I always get a response, and if Joe can't help, he can usually suggest someone who can.. Like the guy who fixed my A4000D mobo :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:02:36 AM by marcfrick2112 »
---------------
Marc Frick
---------------
A1200T / \'060, 256MB, CD-R, OS3.9
A4000 w/ WarpEngine / 82MB , OS3.1
A4000 16MB, OS 3.9
A1200 , \'030 / 10MB
A1200 (stock)

CD32 :)

...And a very sick 4000T

Offline ami_junki

• Show only replies by ami_junki
    • http://www.cd32gamer.info
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 01:48:34 PM »
Fair point, I guess I am just looking forward to these cards and it gets a bit disappointing when the last email response was a month ago and then still no updates.  I have to give a big thumbs up to AmigaKit though, they repaired my Indivision with a new socket and for a great price and fast delivery.  :D

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 03:59:21 PM »
Joe e-mailed me a couple of times this week. There were delays from GVP over getting 4060 boards tested and working with various memory modules. My 4060 with 64MB of tested memory shipped yesterday. According to UPS tracking, I will have it Tuesday. I will post pictures and a full report when I get it.

Offline barney

• Show only replies by barney
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 03:00:56 PM »
I have a hard time taking this business seriously.  First of all, their website is horribly outdated and they advertise stuff that was no longer offered since the late 90's.  Frankly, I'm scared to put in an order on their site because I simply don't trust it.  In addition to this, their website is constantly down for reasons unknown.  I feel much more comfortable with Amigakit because everything is more updated and organized.  I very well may be wrong, but that is my first impression I get with them.  They may be a very well be a good company.

Many people say, "email them and ask them if it's in stock."  Well, the last thing I want to do is send an email, wait for a response, then order.  I like the feeling of going to a site and just ordering what I want.  If it's no longer carried, or out of stock, I like it to indicate that in plain site.

Barney
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 05:38:22 PM by barney »

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »
Quote from: barney;510811
I have a hard time taking this business seriously.  Their website is horribly outdated and they advertise stuff that was no longer offered since the late 90's.  Frankly, I'm scared to put in an order on their site because I just don't trust it.

Many people say, "email them and ask them if it is on stock."  Well, the last thing I want to have to do is email, wait for a response, then order.  I like the feeling of going to a site, and just ordering what I want.  If it is no longer carried or out of stock, I like to indicate that in plain site.

No disrespect to SoftHut or any of their satisfied customers, but I have to 100% agree with Barney. Customers should not be responsible for checking whether items which are advertised for sale are actually available. A few years ago SoftHut were advertising an Amiga tower going cheap. I emailed them to check it was still available and had no response for a week. I placed the order anyway, and the site claimed it was accepted and payment authorised, but I received no email confirmation. I contacted them several days later to find out what was going on and received no reply. In the end I contacted my bank and they told me I was never even charged.

I think I'll stick with Amigakit!
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline barney

• Show only replies by barney
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »
Exactly motorollin.  They're still advertising Amiga One's and Tower 4000's for Gods sake.  I did the same as you.  I saw a flicker fixer for $30.00 and put in an order.  After that, I waited and waited and heard nothing.  I called them and they they said that this was no longer offered and that I was not charged.  Funny thing is that I would have never found this out unless I called them.  Very strange.

Barney

Offline quarkx

• Show only replies by quarkx
    • http://www.amigalounge.com
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »
I agree also 100%. it took an awful big leap of faith for me to order a Typhoon card and so far I am not all that impressed.
The old "I don't have time to update the site" in this day and age is not acceptable. Heck, with this econony, there are hundereds of web site builders literally starving for work {will HTML for food}.Most 12 year old kids can update a page.
If it was a priority, the website would be up to date. Even if they spent 15 minutes a day pulling down outdated pages.
I have Amiga stuff for sale at http://amigalounge.com. You can follow my builds there also.