Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reliable Amiga Vendors?  (Read 8597 times)

Description:

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
Re: Reliable Amiga Vendors?
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 25, 2009, 05:42:13 PM »
As of late, I too have experienced weird e-mail probs with Softhut. Shame really. I feel I "know" Joe and his family from all these years. Not sure what is going on personally or professionally over there on the east coast, but they're good people that do always deliver (when there is communication and you've solidified a deal). I wonder if many e-mails are getting tossed out as 'junk' mail, etc. Might be high time we all go back to using the telephone!   :-)

Offline KatManDEW

• Show only replies by KatManDEW
    • http://www.katmandew.com
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 12:09:29 AM »
Software Hut is sloooow. They promised to ship my order 11 days ago, but it didn't ship until today :madashell: :madashell: :madashell:

I think they actually forgot about my order because I sent an email asking about it yesterday, and I received a USP shipping notification today...

Waiting for the past 11 days has given me flash backs of waiting forever for shipments of Amiga products 15 years ago, and I used to purchase from Software Hut back then...

I'm going with Amigakit next time
A1000
A1200 - Indivision. Apollo 1240.
A2000 - GVP 040-16 meg, 2 meg chip, CD-RW, Flicker Fixer, Picasso II, 8 Up, 286 Bridgecard, OS 3.9
A2000HD #2 - 8 meg RAM, Genlock, Tower case

Offline icbrkr

• Show only replies by icbrkr
    • http://www.amigacd32.com
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 02:05:00 AM »
At least you're getting a response.  I figured I'd give them another shot so I sent them an email on 1/23 - so far, no repsonse.
Project: CD32 http://www.amigacd32.com | Project: Particles! BBS http://www.particles.org

Offline marcfrick2112

• Show only replies by marcfrick2112
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 05:11:55 AM »
I don't want to talk bad about one of the few Amiga dealers here in the US, but to be honest, Software Hut gets its' money from other (non-Amiga) areas. (so I have heard...) My story is much the same... I needed a 'SyncStrainer' for my soon-to-be super A4000T/Toaster system, I E-Mailed them... A week, then 2 weeks go by... In desperation, I call the guy I bought my 4000T from, he says he has 'a couple' of them, he sent me one for free... (Granted, I did buy a 4000T from him for about $800-900 US. ) About 2 weeks after I got the SyncStrainer, softhut finally E-Mailed, to say they'd sell me one, for $30.00....
 :madashell:

They used to be a great dealer.... I bought my 20" Toshiba monitor from them.... too bad....
---------------
Marc Frick
---------------
A1200T / \'060, 256MB, CD-R, OS3.9
A4000 w/ WarpEngine / 82MB , OS3.1
A4000 16MB, OS 3.9
A1200 , \'030 / 10MB
A1200 (stock)

CD32 :)

...And a very sick 4000T

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 05:41:02 AM »
I wanted to ship a new old stock A1200 from amigakit from the UK to Australia.  My first email they responded to quickly.  But then I noticed these machine are sold in the UK with 17.5% (?) VAT.  I was of the belief that if they send the item overseas, no VAT is payable.  I asked in another email if they would deduct VAT from my purchase.  I never got a reply. Not sure what that says about service quality.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »
Hello,

VAT is an EU tax and is not charged to non-EU customers.  It is automatically deducted at Checkout by our system if you login to the UK store and the package is then exported to Australia - our shipping guide and FAQs published on the webstore state this.  We publish these help documents so customers can get the information they require quickly and easily.  Thank you.

www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 10:25:24 AM »
For US amigans, I think Red's Store is a reliable alternative to Softhut. He hasn't all the stuff on SoftHut's list, but he has most of the regular newly released stuff and sometimes nice old items too ...
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »

amigakit wrote:
Hello,

VAT is an EU tax and is not charged to non-EU customers.  It is automatically deducted at Checkout by our system if you login to the UK store and the package is then exported to Australia - our shipping guide and FAQs published on the webstore state this.  We publish these help documents so customers can get the information they require quickly and easily.  Thank you.

Ok thanks didn't see that. I thought it odd that i go a prompt reply to my initial questions, but no reply at all to the VAT one.  My apologies.