Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: McEwen in Jeopardy?  (Read 5134 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DaveP

Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2003, 03:31:42 PM »
Well Ive had this long conversation with you over PM Warface about things like this, and actually reading what people say and even the fact that people tend to have a strange reaction when they see a certain nick that they otherwise would have had.

Now "warning" me aside ( exactly what are you offering to do if I ignore your "warning" ), I tell you again, as I told you in PM, I tell it how I see it.

You may not like what I say, that is your perogative, but you have to ask yourself is that because of me, the message or of how you have chosen to digest it?

Please go ahead, provide proof that I am indeed some "naughty boy" who is being extra nasty. I don't recall posting that frequently in Amiga.org for quite a while so maybe you have just forgotten quite how blunt I can be.

If you can tell me how I can make the same message easier on your ears, I'll take it into consideration.

TTFN

Dave. ;-)
Hate figure. :lol:
 

Offline Warface

Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2003, 03:37:22 PM »
No way, If you are aware of what you do, then you are free to do. I just wanted to underline that you've changed.

The messages you tell are not much different to my like than the old ones :-) The way you tell em has changed. A bit more cynical maybe?
 

Offline Framiga

Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2003, 03:40:11 PM »
Quote
by asian1 on 2003/7/28 15:04:22

Hello
According to Mr Fleecy Moss answer on PolarBoing.Com,
Mr McEwen cann't attend AmiWest because the security
of his family is in Jeopardy.

Any idea about this Jeopardy? Is this REAL or
just a "smoke screen", similar to explanation
about Amiga Inc's phone and fax problem in 2002?

There are rumors in Netherland that several drug
lords are using Venture Capitals companies for
money laundering. Is this rumor related to
the Jeopardy?


Sorry but . . .have you "double checked" the news before posting?

Could be a sad misunderstanding, but there is a quiz show called "Jeopardy" with a guest called Mark McEwen. Look at:

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/jeopardy/mini_sites/archive_header/index.html?/tv/shows
/jeopardy/mini_sites/jeopardy_archive/events/celebrity/celeb.html

Could be?

Ciao

-edit erm . . .sorry for that bullshit.

 jeopardy= sinonimous of danger/pericolo
 

Offline DaveP

Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2003, 03:42:36 PM »
Lets say, with a bit less patience than I used to.  :-) I have  a better perspective these days on the value of investing time in certain aspects of life.

In all seriousness, if there is a point that you think I am making in such a way that is overtly aggressive or likely to make a person with a certain viewpoint come out in a rash please do PM me. :-) I have been known to modify words significantly in past after having been tipped off that it didn't come out exactly in the way I intended.

In this case, as far as I am aware, I stand by what I said and the appropriateness of my reaction to what I percieve as Waynes misunderstanding of the seriousness of that section of the thread. :-)

Note, in England, "of course I bloody do" shows minor amused exasperation and "thick heads" shows a similar context. At least where I was brought up.

If I said "you f*king knobend" and "dense c**ts" then I could understand the concern. But I never said nor thought those things.
Hate figure. :lol:
 

Offline carls

Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2003, 03:43:32 PM »
This is all very strange.
Personally, I feel that the whole Amiga Inc.  situation is very suspicious. It sounds strange that Bill McEwen should have recieved a death threat - for all I know, even persons like Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer are safe to attend various events :-)

Then there's the thing with the auction, the who-is-CEO debacle,  huge financial troubles etc.

All this could be rumours, lies, truth and everything inbetween. But the fact that Bill McEwen hasn't been seen for quite some time (IIRC, he has declined/missed other Amiga shows before) does insinuate that something fishy is going on. The only persons you keep hearing about are the ones from Hyperion and Eyetech - which is good, because they're the ones who actually PRODUCE something.

Amiga Inc. starts to feel more and more like some kind of fraud underground company and IMHO the Amiga IP would be better off in the hands of a joint venture between Eyetech and Hyperion - at least we know that these companies exist ;-)

(edit: grammar)
Amiga: Too weird to live, too rare to die.
 

Offline bloodline

  • Master Sock Abuser
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2002
  • Posts: 12113
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2003, 03:46:29 PM »
Quote

carls wrote:

Amiga Inc. starts to feel more and more like some kind of fraud underground company and IMHO the Amiga IP would be better off in the hands of a joint venture between Eyetech and Hyperion - at least we know that these companies exist ;-)



Exactly what I've been saying all along...  :-(

  • Guest
Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2003, 04:04:20 PM »
Apparently Bill McEwen did turn up at court that weekend, which more than adequately explains why he was not at Amiwest.

He knew about the court date a long time before he announced his attendance, but if I recall correctly before he lost the Bolton Peck case.

Moving onto the jeopardy, who knows what that meant: but he has been ordered to pay some thousands of dollars in one court case (as above), so one can only assume he went to court in order to make sure he had a chance of putting his side across, and not putting himself in more *financial* jeopardy.

Being ordered by a court that you owe more money than most Americans earn in a year would be, in my mind, jeopardy enough to try not to have it happen again, wouldn't you say?

I would please ask people to leave the guy alone now. I'm sure he has been through enough, and if it happened to you, you would not want it being dragged around the world as rumours and conjecture.

This isn't Enron, this isn't Iraq, this is one guy's life you're muddying, for no reason other than your own amusement, and I think that's sickening enough.
 

Offline MarkTime

Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2003, 04:13:28 PM »
This is the same old/same old, of course.
Amiga, Inc. fans, their latest ploy is just to come up and say
isn't it time to give them a break?

Answer: NO

There is a little thing that people do sometimes called declaring
bankruptcy.  If Amiga, Inc. has to do it, then they have to do it.
Thats what you do when you can't pay your bills...you don't lie about
it, you don't continue to try and sell very expensive products into
a market, knowing that people may lose every cent they invest.

But for as long as they maintain the charade, there is no reason
to start cutting them a break.

They haven't changed any.  They are the same people.  What they did, they
don't apologize for...and in fact, they really operate the same way today,
as they always did.  They haven't learned any lessons at all.

There is no reason to give them a break today.  When they change, the
situation will change.  Until that day...we are still moving along.
I don't feel sorry for Bill McEwen in the slightest...his latest
communication was just another lie...I will be at AmiWest.

I will feel very sorry for Bill McEwen, when he resigns and when Amiga, Inc.
declares bankruptcy...then they can have all the sympathy they want.  But
if you are trying to generate sympathy for a company that is unbent, unwilling
to change, continuing with the same dishonest practices today that they tried
yesterday.....well...don't hold your breath.

They day he said he said he would be at AmiWest,
I read it as, 'I have a reason to say I will be at AmiWest'
(to dispell CEO change rumors)...so I'm saying this thing....but of course,
his word obligates him to do nothing.   "I knew many months before it happened"
SO DID WE ALL.  WHO DIDN'T KNOW....gosh it was quite obvious just something
that was said in a time of need, and you have to go around pretending there
might be some tiny chance that anything he says might be true, because
there are enough AmigaINC fans around that you have to give that up....but inside
you want to scream, OF COURSE ITS JUST ANOTHER THING BEING SAID..

If one lie doesn't work, lie again.  The last thing said always might be true!!!!
You can always say in hindsight, the man lies repeatedly, but AmigaINC fanatics
just won't let you say the next lie is out there...you don't know what you are
talking about, they say!  But things go on in secret, they say!

LOL....its just time to put 2 and 2 together, you know.
 

  • Guest
Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2003, 04:14:22 PM »
@Neko,

The voice of reason, from a most unexpected source.  Thank you.  I agree and would ask the moderators to consider closing this thread.
 

Offline bloodline

  • Master Sock Abuser
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2002
  • Posts: 12113
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2003, 04:18:24 PM »
Quote

Neko wrote:
Apparently Bill McEwen did turn up at court that weekend, which more than adequately explains why he was not at Amiwest.

He knew about the court date a long time before he announced his attendance, but if I recall correctly before he lost the Bolton Peck case.

Moving onto the jeopardy, who knows what that meant: but he has been ordered to pay some thousands of dollars in one court case (as above), so one can only assume he went to court in order to make sure he had a chance of putting his side across, and not putting himself in more *financial* jeopardy.

Being ordered by a court that you owe more money than most Americans earn in a year would be, in my mind, jeopardy enough to try not to have it happen again, wouldn't you say?

I would please ask people to leave the guy alone now. I'm sure he has been through enough, and if it happened to you, you would not want it being dragged around the world as rumours and conjecture.

This isn't Enron, this isn't Iraq, this is one guy's life you're muddying, for no reason other than your own amusement, and I think that's sickening enough.


Well, frankly, I don't care about Mr McEwan. I do care that a company he owns(?)/runs(?) has locked out a Tradmark that should be owned by a more worth while company.


BTW, Who/what is "Genesi UK"?

Offline ne_one

Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2003, 04:33:20 PM »
@Wayne

"There are NO 'sides'. "

Perhaps the next step would be to understand how the warm fuzzies could be translated into working together strategically to capture market share and revenue.

With all the sniping and ill will that's gone on over the last few years, it's clear that few people have had the business savvy or common sense to understand that we're fighting an uphill battle here and it's not between Genesi and Hyperion. A lot of talent, time and money is being invested trying to one-up the Joneses.

The Linux world has changed the way we look at operating systems. Give away the basic tools and charge for hardware, applications and services. Where is the Amiga market segment? Arguing over which memory segmentation algorithm is better for lines and boxes demos.

Use this as an opportunity. Cooperate. Compete. For all of us.

 

Offline redrumloa

  • Original Omega User
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Feb 2002
  • Posts: 10126
  • Total likes: 0
Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2003, 04:39:09 PM »
This thread does seem to have that goolish, dancing on someone's grave feeling so i will lock it.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!
 

Offline bloodline

  • Master Sock Abuser
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2002
  • Posts: 12113
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: McEwen in Jeopardy?
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2003, 04:39:36 PM »
Quote

ne_one wrote:
@Wayne

"There are NO 'sides'. "

Perhaps the next step would be to understand how the warm fuzzies could be translated into working together strategically to capture market share and revenue.

With all the sniping and ill will that's gone on over the last few years, it's clear that few people have had the business savvy or common sense to understand that we're fighting an uphill battle here and it's not between Genesi and Hyperion. A lot of talent, time and money is being invested trying to one-up the Joneses.

The Linux world has changed the way we look at operating systems. Give away the basic tools and charge for hardware, applications and services. Where is the Amiga market segment? Arguing over which memory segmentation algorithm is better for lines and boxes demos.

Use this as an opportunity. Cooperate. Compete. For all of us.



COUGH OpenAmiga COUGH