Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: is super street fighter 2 a good port?  (Read 7981 times)

Description:

Offline leirbag28

Re: is super street fighter 2 a good port?
« Reply #44 from previous page: August 12, 2006, 04:10:04 PM »
@jmbattle

Yes...I am in New York...............your point is?

CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Offline jmbattle

• Show only replies by jmbattle
    • http://www.amigainabox.co.uk
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2006, 04:09:58 PM »

I beliueve its free for download in USA...

Why not simply download the game?

James
x

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2006, 12:47:42 AM »
@jmbattle

Because I dont know where to find it :-)

THats why I am asking if anyone knows where to get the ECS version.

I have the CD32 version on HD.

Offline Gav

• Show only replies by Gav
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2006, 11:05:53 PM »
I know this is an old post but i feel like joining what i missed..
Yeah Street fighter was never very good on the amiga,i did like the megadrive and snes version although i was always a mortal kombat bloke..
Did none of you ever play mortal kombat on the sega saturn?MK2 and Ultimate MK3 were good on the saturn.

I gotta say i was a HUGE fan on the megadrive esp all of its sonic games and esp the streets of rage series which was my fave..

Did anyone ever play jim power on the amiga?It was great but the mega drive game was nasty,it might aswell not be the same game..Plus a while back i bought Risky Woods for my sega nomad and damn once again they change it,well his clothes mainly..

A1200,BPPC603e+@240mhz-060@50mhz/Scsi2 192mb,Powerflyer,Mediator SX,Voodoo 3000,SB128,Tv card,SD/FF,Ethernet,CDRW.

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2006, 04:24:21 PM »

leirbag28 wrote:
Anyone Selling Fightin Spirit ECS version?  I beliueve its free for download in USA but not in UK

Anyone?
Dunno, but I can assure you it works even on a plain Amiga 500. :-)
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2006, 04:33:51 PM »
I personally have a couple of Sonic games, though I like Kid Chaos more. It plays just better, smoother. And why think people Zool (2), Chaos Engine and Ruff 'n Tumble do not play smooth? :-? These work perfectly smooth on my plain Amiga500.
And maybe the Megadrive/Genesis have better sound chips, I think the Amiga the Amiga just sounds better.

Really, the only drawbacks of the Amiga is that it cannot do texturized 3d, and the juggling of floppies. (But then there's the CDTV, and the C2P in the CD32).
I got quite a collection of computers/consoles+games at home, and I play the most with the Amiga500, the C64 and the Dreamcast.
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2006, 12:46:31 AM »
Gav: I liked Streetfighter 2 and Mortal Kombat, not such a big fan of the Neo Geo stuff but my favourite of all of them was Killer Instinct on the SNES!

I had a job once building the Mortal Kombat 3 game cartridges for the Megadrive!

:-D

Streets of Rage 3 is my favourite - what other game would allow you a 2-player cooperative with a kangaroo and a ninja fighting hookers in the middle of a techno club!?

Now there's something to try on a Nomad!

:lol:

I never did get any fun from Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur, I suppose it took a while to learn the moves and become 'at one' with the timing.

EDIT:
by Speelgoedmannetje:
And why think people Zool (2), Chaos Engine and Ruff 'n Tumble do not play smooth? These work perfectly smooth on my plain Amiga500.

Well Zool 2 AGA was pretty jerky, not sure about the OCS/ECS version. It was super smoothe on Jaguar. As for Chaos Engine I tried this and it was a bit jerky compared to say Mercs on Megadrive or Alien Breed - wonder if the A1200 messes with it in some way...

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2006, 01:45:22 AM »
Quote:

Quote:

leirbag28 wrote:
    Anyone Selling Fightin Spirit ECS version? I beliueve its free for download in USA but not in UK

Anyone?

Dunno, but I can assure you it works even on a plain Amiga 500.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see that!   Does this mean you have a copy?

as for Ruff N Tumble and Chaos Engine.............the games run normal as they were meant...........but lots of frames were dropped so that it runs choppy and  not smooth.

to get an example what "Smooth" means..........Kid Chaos is one and Bubble and Squeek...........you will notice the characters look completely static and never disapears not even for a milisecond.............However......the Frames and the Character in Ruff N Tumble do dissapear throught the entire game or call it flicker if you wish or missing frames...........it was made like this on purpose because the programmers couldnt get it to run and 60 frames per second is my guess.

Offline Gav

• Show only replies by Gav
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2006, 02:24:48 AM »
@Hyperspeed
Yeah Streets of rage 3 is a great game,i loved soul calibur on the dreamcast esp with how nice it looked compared to the arcade version i had played..

Virtua fighter was ok but i never got in to that very much to be honest,i played pt2 the most i think on the saturn.
I remember when it was my 13th birthday and mk3 was due for release and i had spent my birthday money on jungle book for the megadrive lol.

I started to regret it after i seen my mate playing his MK3 at the time lol.
A1200,BPPC603e+@240mhz-060@50mhz/Scsi2 192mb,Powerflyer,Mediator SX,Voodoo 3000,SB128,Tv card,SD/FF,Ethernet,CDRW.

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2006, 05:44:25 AM »
by Gav:
Yeah Streets of rage 3 is a great game,i loved soul calibur on the dreamcast esp with how nice it looked compared to the arcade version i had played..

Virtua fighter was ok but i never got in to that very much to be honest,i played pt2 the most i think on the saturn.
I remember when it was my 13th birthday and mk3 was due for release and i had spent my birthday money on jungle book for the megadrive lol.

I started to regret it after i seen my mate playing his MK3 at the time lol.

Soul Calibur had gorgeous graphics but you weren't fully immersed until you had learnt the moves. The Dreamcast pad wasn't perfect for beat 'em ups and the arcade stick was horrible.

NiGHTS and Sega Rally were probably my favourite Saturn games.

I had Jungle Book on Game Gear and it was quite playable, had good reviews too. Mortal Kombat 3 introduced 'Friendship' and 'Animality' where you could be nice to your defeated opponent or turn them into something peculiar.

:-D

Lion King and Alladin were great on Megadrive/Genesis... I'd like to try them for A1200. Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 were great on Amiga, much better with WHDLoad I'd imagine. Will have to register that soon - start building a collection!