Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version  (Read 4688 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mattsell

Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« on: August 30, 2005, 11:17:11 AM »
I have been looking everywhere for an A1200 version of Lotus 2 and 3. All the .adf's I've found are the A500 version and the Whdload version is the same, this is fine for Lotus 2 but Lotus 3 is the problem. In 2 player, Lotus 3 runs slower and the track looks like it goes backwards.

I know that Magnetic Fields created an A1200 fixed version for these two games because, way back when, I bought Lotus Triolgy and sent the disks back to Gremlin to get the A1200 versions.

A1200 fixed version of lotus 3, is the one I really need, the game runs the same speed in 2 player as in 1 player mode - smooth track/frame update.

Please, please someone help, I don't mind ADF, copies or originals.

Please get in contact with me, thanks.
 

Offline clebin

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 02:17:46 PM »

Very few people have played this version or know what it is.

It doesn't seem like Gremlin ever released it, except to people who sent their disks to them by post.

If the framerate is lower than 1 player mode, or lower than Lotus 1/2, then you haven't got it! If you're not sure, try playing 1 then 2 player for comparison.

It definitely needs to be tracked down. Full-speed Lotus 3 is fantastic!

Chris
 

Offline Orjan

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 02:29:19 PM »

Is the CD32 version of Lotus trilogy the "fixed" one, or the original?
\\"Memory is like an orgasm. It\\\'s a lot better if you don\\\'t have to fake it.\\"
- Seymore Cray, on virtual memory.
 

Offline mattsell

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 03:02:50 PM »
Not sure, but I know you need a CD32 Joypad to play it (and a CD32 Emulator I believe).

Clebin --> Glad you remember it too, what a great version it was, much improved. Shame you haven't got it either.

To add to Clebins point you will know you have the 1200 version if it loads on an A1200 with just the disks, The original A500 version just crashes.
 

Offline Leifern

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 06:41:23 PM »
Has anyone had any luck with this "Amiga1200 fixed Lotus 2&3"??

I was just playing Lotus 3 on my 1200 with a friend and i must say it runs unplayably slow on some tracks (damn shame).

But it's a great game, so please keep us informed!!
 

Offline Digiman

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 03:26:14 AM »
The fix for AGA doesn't work on the Krypt cracks for me, anyone got a Lotus II ADF that works on an A1200?
 

Offline HotRod

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 03:57:43 AM »
Quote from: mattsell;202378
Not sure, but I know you need a CD32 Joypad to play it (and a CD32 Emulator I believe).


I played the CD32 version on my a4k ages ago but I know that it worked using a joystick.
 

Offline Kesa

  • Ninja Fruit Slasher
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Sep 2010
  • Posts: 2408
  • Total likes: 0
Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 04:01:08 AM »
Quote from: mattsell;202378
Not sure, but I know you need a CD32 Joypad to play it (and a CD32 Emulator I believe).

Clebin --> Glad you remember it too, what a great version it was, much improved. Shame you haven't got it either.

To add to Clebins point you will know you have the 1200 version if it loads on an A1200 with just the disks, The original A500 version just crashes.

I think the game works fine with just a joystick as it only uses one button?  :confused:

I have never heard of the AGA fixed version before. What's the difference? This is interesting...
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.
 

Offline Digiman

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;662997
I think the game works fine with just a joystick as it only uses one button?  :confused:

I have never heard of the AGA fixed version before. What's the difference? This is interesting...


Fixed = stops it crashing on AGA. No speed improvement for Lotus II. Play Lotus II on any NTSC Amiga for faster game than PAL :)

Can't find a working fix for Lotus 3, the most important because that's very much slower screen update on A500 etc but AGA version should be as smooth and fast as CD32 & PC version.
 

Offline Digiman

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
So no AGA fixed Lotus 3 disks used by anyone here....
 

Offline LaserBack

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 06:42:01 PM »
Quote from: mattsell;202348
I have been looking everywhere for an A1200 version of Lotus 2 and 3. All the .adf's I've found are the A500 version and the Whdload version is the same, this is fine for Lotus 2 but Lotus 3 is the problem. In 2 player, Lotus 3 runs slower and the track looks like it goes backwards.

I know that Magnetic Fields created an A1200 fixed version for these two games because, way back when, I bought Lotus Triolgy and sent the disks back to Gremlin to get the A1200 versions.

A1200 fixed version of lotus 3, is the one I really need, the game runs the same speed in 2 player as in 1 player mode - smooth track/frame update.

Please, please someone help, I don't mind ADF, copies or originals.

Please get in contact with me, thanks.


lotus 3 AGA fixed or a special disk version for the A1200 does not exists
The best you can do is play Lotustrilogy where Lotus 3 have been enhanced and is lot faster and smoother than the original

also I have LOTUS 2 AGA fixed...it was a fix done in 1998 but is for hardisk... maybe can be onedisked
 

Offline Digiman

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 06:50:06 PM »
The cracked ADF with AGA fix in he Tosec for Lotus2 works fine for 14nhz 020 A1200 but not 030/040/060 CPU so only for standard A1200. Lotus 3 fix for AGA doesn't work.

How do I play the CD32 trilogy on A1200? It only boots on CD32 no other Amiga +CD system like A1200 + Zappo + CD32 boot disk for CD32 CDs as tested by AF and CU Amiga mags. Are there CD32 ADFs somewhere without CDDA music just SFX etc?

Lotus 3 is the problem, ECS version is like Atari ST Lotus 2 screen update :(
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:53:33 PM by Digiman »
 

Offline LaserBack

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 07:10:13 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;663140


How do I play the CD32 trilogy on A1200? It only boots on CD32 no other Amiga +CD system like A1200 + Zappo + CD32 boot disk for CD32 CDs as tested by AF and CU Amiga mags. Are there CD32 ADFs somewhere without CDDA music just SFX etc?
(


there is hardisk version of lotus trilogy ready to be played from hardisk done long time ago by the ancient pirates
the file is named Lotustri.lha
I have it in an old cd but the cd is damaged
also you can found the file in a compilation done in the era
check

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/thepage/UA_01.TXT

and sorry but I havent that compilation if you can found it anywhere PM
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:12:55 PM by LaserBack »
 

Offline Ilwrath

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »
holy thread resurrections, this thing is ancient.

Anyhow, as far as I know, the correct answer is there isn't any difference between the AGA fixed version on disk that Magnetic Bytes shipped and the one on the CD32 Lotus Trilogy.  I seem to remember playing the CD32 version on my A1200 without doing anything unusual for the time.  (Maybe booting the 1200 with no startup script and assigning libs to a directory containing the A1200 version of lowlevel.library and nonvolatile.library or something before running the CD's startup-sequence, but that was it.  A really old trick that boots most CD32 games on an A1200.)
 

Offline LaserBack

Re: Lotus 2 II and Lotus 3 III A1200 Fixed Version
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 08:31:33 PM »
Quote from: Ilwrath;663145
holy thread resurrections, this thing is ancient.

Anyhow, as far as I know, the correct answer is there isn't any difference between the AGA fixed version on disk that Magnetic Bytes shipped and the one on the CD32 Lotus Trilogy.  I seem to remember playing the CD32 version on my A1200 without doing anything unusual for the time.  (Maybe booting the 1200 with no startup script and assigning libs to a directory containing the A1200 version of lowlevel.library and nonvolatile.library or something before running the CD's startup-sequence, but that was it.  A really old trick that boots most CD32 games on an A1200.)


you are wrong
lotus trilogy cd32 version do not works in a easy way like you said
I just tested it the version which I downloaded from emuparadise...black screen
it needs a hardisk fix