Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: A4000T HDD to my PC?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline WolfBack

A4000T HDD to my PC?
« on: December 16, 2004, 06:44:02 PM »
Hello to all!
I was the owner of an 4000T and my love for that computer never ends!!!
I keep in my mind to create an image file of amiga hard disk in my PC, but everytime I plug the HDD at my atapi, the PC is not regognize the hardware? Windows don't regognize the file system of amiga?
Is there a solution for that problem?
I hope somebody help's me!

If (god bless) all works fine and I'll create a image file of amiga on PC's HDD, then I can run the OS 3.9 (as this is already installed in my HDD from back A4000T) with UAE or something?
I want to live again all the passion that I miss from my Amiga in my PC!
I ask much?

Thnx to all!!!!

:-)  :-)  :-)  :-)
[color=FF6600]AMIGA[/color] [color=0033FF]RULES!!![/color]

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: A4000T HDD to my PC?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 09:43:22 PM »
Just run the latest version of WinUAE. THat will be able to find the drive and use it just like a real amiga.

Offline WolfBack

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 09:56:35 PM »
Many many thanks my fiend!
I almost download the version 0.9.91 (I hope that is the last one).
I cross my fingers!!!

Many thanks again!
 :-)  :-)  :-)

Offline Thomas

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 11:41:44 AM »

This only works with Win2k or XP.

*Never* connect the HDD to the PC if you are running Win98 or ME, it will destroy the data !

Bye,
Thomas

Offline WolfBack

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 05:14:55 PM »
Ooops!!!!
Thanks Thomas! I keep that in mind!
My PC is running already XP, but me and my friend we plan to connect the HDD in a PC running Windows ME next Saturday!
Just in time!!!! Thanks for the warning!!!

Offline WolfBack

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 06:06:21 PM »
Everything's fine!
I can't boot from amiga's HDD but I can finally create a image folder on my PC with the contens of the disk. I made that in UAE 0.9.91. I make a fake drive invisible in emulator and after I started to 'copy all' the files from my 3 partitions WD-Caviar 1.2GB on that folder (this work taking a little time, about 1,5 hour but make me happy)
I think the heavy job is started by now. Meaby, if I'll change the 'Startup_sequence' in the window's notepad, I'll made the emulation boot-up again!
If this not works, then, the only thing I'll try, is to re-build the A-4000T again!!!

Thanks for all friends!

:-P  :-P  :-P

Offline Thomas

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 10:12:32 AM »

WinUAE is said to repair the damage automatically when it detects the drive on WinXP. I never tried it.

You should load startup-sequence into Wordpad (WRITE.EXE). Notepad does not recognise the line breaks correctly. And before you save the changes you have to add a comment sign (semicolon) to the end of each line because Wordpad adds an additional carriage return character to the line breaks which AmigaDOS does not understand.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline nex4060

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 10:27:32 AM »
beter yet, use UltraEdit it will read and save the startup-sequence corretly.
\\"Computer games don\\\'t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we\\\'d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.\\"
- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc,1989  :lol:

Offline WolfBack

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 04:15:56 PM »
Thnx Thomas & Nex4060!

:-P  :-P  :-P

I will try to build a new and virgin 'startup_sequence' from the start installation CD of OS3.9 into the old (and very loaded from other links and programs, like Bootpic -that crashes from the first boot-) and I'll see what's happens then!
If this not working, then I'll try to experiment with the old one...and I'll make a wish!!!

You suggesting me trying the UAE 0.9.91 or the Amiga Forever 6.0 makes my life easier for that?

Many thanks for the help! You're the best!