Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!  (Read 3665 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Guest
Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« on: December 08, 2004, 10:48:03 PM »
Hello everyone,

Due to popular request, I've just spent the last half an hour putting together a QEMU hosted version of AROS Max v020 for MSWindows.

It's easy to use, just run the self extracting archive and double-click the winaros.bat file to run AROS-Max in a window. It's quite speedy too, a lot faster than I thought it would be.

I need somewhere to upload the archive to. Any offers?

Nik
 

Offline amigean

Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 12:15:19 AM »
Excellent news! Well done! Any good news for AROS is good news about for amiga. AROS is amiga's only hope - it'll still be here long after ppc OSs have vapourised...

I am sure Holley wouldn't object to hosting it on the official aros-max website:

..

Holley should see your message soon - it may be worth posting about it at www.aros-exec.org too.

 

Offline Acill

Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 12:34:52 AM »
Nice, now how about an OS X hosted version for those of us that dont use a Windows based system?
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics
 

  • Guest
Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 12:41:15 AM »
Quote

Acill wrote:
Nice, now how about an OS X hosted version for those of us that dont use a Windows based system?


If you send me your Mac, then it can be arranged! :-)
 

  • Guest
Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 12:43:50 AM »
Quote

amigean wrote:
Excellent news! Well done! Any good news for AROS is good news about for amiga. AROS is amiga's only hope - it'll still be here long after ppc OSs have vapourised...

I am sure Holley wouldn't object to hosting it on the official aros-max website:

..

Holley should see your message soon - it may be worth posting about it at www.aros-exec.org too.



Thanks, I posted over there first, but thought posting here would get some free publicity! :-D
 

  • Guest
Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 05:38:01 PM »
www.AROS-Max.co.uk should be back up and running tonight by all accounts, so the win hosted version will be available for download shortly after.
 

Offline dammy

Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 06:28:08 PM »
Quote
Nice, now how about an OS X hosted version for those of us that dont use a Windows based system?


I have no clue on it's current status, but it is being worked    on*.

PPC Linux hosted, OTOH will hopefully be released anytime soon.  

Dammy
TeamAROS

*. I've losted email contact with the Dev since he moved to the States about two months ago.

Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.
 

Offline whabang

Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 07:51:18 PM »
Quote
I need somewhere to upload the archive to. Any offers?

I can set up a 1 mbit-mirror pretty fast.
How large is the archive, BTW? Spreading it by bittorrent might be a good idea.
Beating the dead horse since 2002.
 

  • Guest
Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »
Quote

mdma wrote:
www.AROS-Max.co.uk should be back up and running tonight by all accounts, so the win hosted version will be available for download shortly after.


Mac OSX version will be ready in a couple of days. :-)
 

  • Guest
Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 12:12:53 AM »
Quote

whabang wrote:
Quote
I need somewhere to upload the archive to. Any offers?

I can set up a 1 mbit-mirror pretty fast.
How large is the archive, BTW? Spreading it by bittorrent might be a good idea.


It's roughly 80MB.  It'll be up on www.arosmax.co.uk in ten minutes.  If you could mirror it that would be great.  

Torrent is also an excellent idea, i've no idea how I'd go about seeding one though.
 

Offline Cajun_Man

Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 12:49:51 AM »
Will there be a .iso version or is it just going to be in a .rar format?

I have better luck with .iso files.
 

Offline Acill

Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 01:21:20 AM »
[/quote]

Mac OSX version will be ready in a couple of days. :-)[/quote]

Wow thats great! Is it as up to date as the PC version?
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics
 

  • Guest
Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 01:22:04 AM »
Quote

Cajun_Man wrote:
Will there be a .iso version or is it just going to be in a .rar format?

I have better luck with .iso files.


Neither.  It's a Windows hosted version.  You just download the executable and run it. It really couldn't be easier. :-)
 

  • Guest
Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 01:22:48 AM »
Quote

Acill wrote:


Mac OSX version will be ready in a couple of days. :-)[/quote]

Wow thats great! Is it as up to date as the PC version?[/quote]

Yup. Exactly the same version.
 

  • Guest
Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 01:23:19 AM »
It's now up for all to download.

Use this link

http://www.aros-max.co.uk/windows/WinAROS-Max020.exe