Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PPC is bad bad bad  (Read 34256 times)

Description:

Re: PPC is bad bad bad
« Reply #149 from previous page: May 06, 2002, 10:02:37 AM »
it's still rediculis to compare a 8 processor core cpu(wich does use all processor cores this isnt SMP)
to anything of lower classes....what if we compare the Power4 to the G4? ....the Power4 is in a class by itself really and no other CPU can even touch it because of its unique design ...its a powerful chip...but you cant compare Cray's to PC's or Amiga's to Power4's or anything like that...its an industrial processor...its ignorant to compare them...only a person who really didnt know what the Power4 was would compare it to anything else...its insane.

Offline Alkemyst

• Show only replies by Alkemyst
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2002, 10:08:12 AM »
>>As a former Amiga Dealer, Authorized Newtek reseller, Authorized Scala developer, believe me when I say there was a time when there was no platform that could realistically touch the Amiga's capabilities.

&  thats exactly why his comment has 0 value to users as he was in the money side of amiga & not the users side.
so ofcores the amiga is dead in his view as its much harder to make money from it anymore.

as soon as he cant make money from a platform anymore its dead for him even if the only reason is that ppl dont want the product line he is selling anymore.

but some one else productline for that platform may be selling verywell.

& again what are you trying to again buy knocking us for wanting ppc.

you asume way too much about the reasons for ppl stick with Amiga through virtualy anything.

i have nothing against pc HW in its self.

the fact that you just keep ignoring is the path was chosen years again with the PPC cards if they were x86 cards then Amiga would be going PC x86.

its phase5 who chose ppc no one else so you should blame them not us.

im going to buy an Aone cos thats all that is on offer if they had a x86 amiga i would most likely get that.

i will support amiga in anyway i can i dont care what cpu they use but i would be no help in just moaning & not buying anything on offer cos it aint got the cpu i want.

that would kill it real fast.

PowerTower A1200,060/80Mhz,Heatsink&Fan,66MBRam,PowerFlyerGold,50xCDRomdrive,250Zip,2.1GB&34GB HD,internal Scandoubler & FF,19\\"Monitor,Mediator,Voodoo3-3000,PaceSolo 56k ,PortJnr2,ZEKeys-XS,SMON ,Os3.9

« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2002, 09:41:29 PM »
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2002, 10:30:21 PM »
weeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeee

« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2002, 12:35:07 AM »
dzxczczxczxc

« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2002, 01:05:50 AM »
Hi