Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: pcmcia reset chip  (Read 809 times)

Description:

Offline zyphoidTopic starter

• Show only replies by zyphoid
pcmcia reset chip
« on: September 08, 2007, 03:28:38 AM »
does anyone know in detail how to install the reset chip or better yet have a step by step with pictures? I have a socketed chip board here that i assume a chip of some sort fits into, or it sits on top of. it also has some connectors on either end .. a pair of 14 and a pair of 2. I need something to do this weekend to my amiga, haven't torn it apart lately!
A1200T Mid-Night 060@50mhz tv tuner,voodoo banshee,usb subway,mediator,Dual Multi partition 200Gig 2.5/3.5HD, Twin dual-layer lite-on dvd 52x dvd-rw, sx-32pro030@50mhz my favorite system what xbox came from til someone says otherwise,A500 Efika...

Offline murple

• Show only replies by murple
    • http://www.murple.net
Re: pcmcia reset chip
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 04:58:11 AM »
Does this really need a chip? I installed 2 programs from Aminet (CardReset and CardPatch) that I needed to work around the reset issue to install a PCMCIA ethernet card... I've heard of these chips but never actually seen one. You might check the BBoAH, I think it mentions these and says that basically you pull a chip from the motherboard, put the board in, and put the chip back on the board's socket.

I could be completely wrong since I didnt read it carefully, but, BBoAH is always a great place to start with any new piece of Amiga hardware.

http://amigahardware.mariomisic.de/index_e.html

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 05:23:55 AM »
You're right Murple, but for whatever reason, my system is difficult....or it could be me! either war, I'll checkout the link.  I thought you shouldn't use cardreset and cardpatch together?
A1200T Mid-Night 060@50mhz tv tuner,voodoo banshee,usb subway,mediator,Dual Multi partition 200Gig 2.5/3.5HD, Twin dual-layer lite-on dvd 52x dvd-rw, sx-32pro030@50mhz my favorite system what xbox came from til someone says otherwise,A500 Efika...

Offline murple

• Show only replies by murple
    • http://www.murple.net
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 05:30:56 AM »
I have a 3Com (3c589) PCMCIA ethernet card. The 3c589 driver for Amiga specifically mentions needing both CardPatch and CardReset in your S:user-startup for it to work. I did what it said and everything works fine.

I suppose it depends what card you're using in there... my PCMCIA Compact Flash reader for example worked perfectly without any changes to the PCMCIA system.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 05:59:30 AM »
got you. I've got a netgear 16bit MA401 that I'm tinkering with. even with the card reset it wasn't accessed all the time, but like i said, it could be me though, for one, i didn't include it in startup, i brought up a cli then typed card reset.