Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which way does the clockport cable go on a Delfina->Buddha?  (Read 929 times)

Description:

Offline stopthegopTopic starter

• Show only replies by stopthegop
Which way does the clockport cable go on a Delfina->Buddha?
« on: March 20, 2007, 01:21:33 AM »
Checked through the older threads but all the links to pictures of this connection are dead.  And I don't want to take any chances here!  Can someone tell me exactly how this cable must be connected?  
Primary:
A4000T. Phase5 PPC604e-233mhz/060-66mhz. Mediator, Z3 Fastlane, Voodoo5, Delfina, X-Surf, AD516, Peggy Plus.

Collection:
A4000D, A1200, A500, Milan060 (Atari clone), Atari MegaSTE, Atari TT030, C64, C128, Mattel Aquarius, (2) HP Jornada....

Offline rkauer

• Show only replies by rkauer
Re: Which way does the clockport cable go on a Delfina->Buddha?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 04:25:29 AM »
Did you try Jens already?
Goodbye people.

I\'ll pop on from time to time, RL is acting up.

Offline keropi

• Show only replies by keropi
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 06:35:56 AM »
as far as I know, on the buddha and kickflash, pin1 of the clockport (where red cable goes to NORMALLY) has a SQUARE solder point on the back side, all others are round.

But I take NO responsibillity for broken hardware because of this!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline thewalrus

• Show only replies by thewalrus
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 10:06:25 AM »
Quote from manual "on an Xsurf the red marker must face to the front of the computer. Same as Buddha Flash IDE controller and the VarlO interface board: The red marker of the clockport cable must face to the front of the computer" Just to put a spanner in the works though the Norway USB module goes the other way round if fitting that to a clockport. Hope that is of help regards Chris

Offline stopthegopTopic starter

• Show only replies by stopthegop
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:04:59 PM »
Keropi:  Thats not the case on mine.  At least not on the Delfina.  I know which way it goes on the Buddha because I got my Subway to work on that clockport.  The Subway is now connected (correctly) to my Kickflash - and working.  Now I want to put the Delfina on the Buddha but I don't have the manual for it anymore.  :<   I checked Indiv's site..  Maybe I'm missing something, but I did not find my particular question answered anywhere on the site, just lots of dire warnings against doing it wrongly!
Primary:
A4000T. Phase5 PPC604e-233mhz/060-66mhz. Mediator, Z3 Fastlane, Voodoo5, Delfina, X-Surf, AD516, Peggy Plus.

Collection:
A4000D, A1200, A500, Milan060 (Atari clone), Atari MegaSTE, Atari TT030, C64, C128, Mattel Aquarius, (2) HP Jornada....