Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PayPal is to crappy  (Read 4596 times)

Description:

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
Re: PayPal is to crappy
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006, 08:09:44 AM »
I have to say, I get really tired of people moaning about PayPal and eBay's charges. They are businesses after all. They don't provide the services out of the goodness of their hearts - they do it because they are businesses who are trying to make money. If you don't like that, don't use them. Sell your stuff privately and take payments by cash (and risk it getting stolen) or by money order (which will cost you even more than PayPal/eBay's charges if it's international).

As for the problems people seem to be having wth PayPal, well I must be the lucky one because I have never had a bad experience wth them.

Having said that, I can't say I agree with the amount of time it takes for your funds to transfer in to your bank account. It's clearly a ploy to hold on to your money for a bit longer and earn some more interest on it. However, this is no worse than what the bank of England do, and I think a few days delay is a small price to pay for the convenience of using PayPal/eBay.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 08:53:19 AM »
motorollin wrote:
...I must be the lucky one because I have never had a bad experience wth them.

Same here (touches a nearby piece of wood!) - no problems from my point of view...

- Ali

Offline enjajamosTopic starter

• Show only replies by enjajamos
    • http://www.iamiga.info
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 09:46:25 AM »
 ;-)

Offline enjajamosTopic starter

• Show only replies by enjajamos
    • http://www.iamiga.info
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 02:24:54 PM »
 ;-)

Offline keropi

• Show only replies by keropi
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 03:17:42 PM »
paypal is helpfull , easy and convenient. period.
if u don't like the charges, good luck finding another way.
I use it for all my ebay stuff, and online shops, NEVER had a single prob...

Offline HopperJF

• Show only replies by HopperJF
    • http://www.michael-powell.blogspot.com
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 03:19:52 PM »

motorollin wrote:
I have to say, I get really tired of people moaning about PayPal and eBay's charges. They are businesses after all. They don't provide the services out of the goodness of their hearts - they do it because they are businesses who are trying to make money. If you don't like that, don't use them. Sell your stuff privately and take payments by cash (and risk it getting stolen) or by money order (which will cost you even more than PayPal/eBay's charges if it's international).

As for the problems people seem to be having wth PayPal, well I must be the lucky one because I have never had a bad experience wth them.

Having said that, I can't say I agree with the amount of time it takes for your funds to transfer in to your bank account. It's clearly a ploy to hold on to your money for a bit longer and earn some more interest on it. However, this is no worse than what the bank of England do, and I think a few days delay is a small price to pay for the convenience of using PayPal/eBay.

--
moto

I concur! I have been using it for a long time and no problems as of yet  :-)
Religion is for people who believe in hell.
Spirituality is for people who have been there.

Offline Agafaster

• Show only replies by Agafaster
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 05:13:58 PM »
I've just started using it...had to in order to take advantage of the ImageFX 4.5 sale offer from NovaDesign!
still waiting by the way...

how long does it take, usually ? I ordered yesterday, and payment hasnt gone out of my bank account yet...

(this will be a UK->US transfer, otherwise I'd've just used the debit card direct...)
\\"New Bruce here will be teaching Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud.\\"
\\"Those are all cricketers, Bruce !\\"
A1XE G3/800MHz Radeon 7000 512MB
A1200 030/25MHz 8MB

Offline amiga92570

• Show only replies by amiga92570
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 05:21:09 PM »
I do not like the fact that they hold your money for bank transfers to your account either. It takes about 1 ms to transfer from bank account. I say dump all the tea on ebay into the ocean!!! :madashell:
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to

Offline maxmouse

• Show only replies by maxmouse
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 03:47:20 AM »
My biggest grip is paypal only auctions! Ever since ebay
bought paypal it has been a real headeache for me. Lot a
times I always have to ask the seller. If they would accept
a postal money order. I simply don't trust paypal. As for
ebay they regulated and ruled themselse to death with new
policies all the time.

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 03:58:59 AM »
Paypal is evil!!!  The fees sure add up fast!!  eBay + Paypal will take over the world!!  LOL
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline hotchalupa

• Show only replies by hotchalupa
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 07:02:18 AM »
I have mixed feelings about PayPal.  I believe their percentage based fees are unacceptable.  Generally when electronic banking transactions occur, in the background there's actual "physical" money being transferred (aka, notes).  However, because this transactions occur between trusted sources, an advance can (and often does) occur, resulting in the money being available immediately.  The fees are generally for to cover the infrastructure costs of these transactions.

The way PayPal operates, it is VERY obvious they put unacceptable holds on accounts to generate revenue from interest.  That being the case, the fact that they also choose to charge a percentage based fee (and the high percentage they charge) is shady at best.

I do not necessarily agree with their business practices, however, their concept and exclusive affiliation with eBay is actually quite convenient to frequent buyers/sellers.  I have never had any issues with them (knock on wood also), other than disagreeing somewhat with their revenue model, and actually prefer auctions that allow PayPal as a form of payment.  Sometimes the seller will request the addition of 3% if PayPal is chosen to cover their fees... If the seller provides other options, I think it's fair for them to request that.

Offline NoFastMem

• Show only replies by NoFastMem
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 08:25:51 AM »

GreenMeani wrote:
I had them lock my account with over $600.00 for 6 months becaue they said I had two accounts and owed them money. I will never use them again. And ebay with their insurtion fees then their final sale fees ETC ETC. I am surprised anyone on there makes money.

Methinks someone is bitter because they were daft enough to leave that much cash in an online account. If a couple of percent is going to break the profit margin then you'd be wasting your time trying to pull in significant revenue anyway.

Think of PayPal as the counter over which you're doing business with a merchant. You wouldn't leave hundreds of dollars lying there for days.

I'm sick of hearing people whine about how PayPal ruined their Christmas because they were using it like a bank account, which it isn't.
AKA that_punk_guy

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 09:47:54 AM »
What causes more problems: accepting money, or payments?

Offline CLS2086

• Show only replies by CLS2086
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 10:51:24 AM »
Works well for me all over the world with my Visa Infinite !
Except with some German guys who don't accept PayPal throught Credit Card, but only throught Bank Transfert... which i don't accept.
Keep the Faith !
VG 5000/A1000/500/500+/600/2000/CDTV/1200PPC-GREX/1200PPC -ATEO-BV/4060D/CD32/Aone/Peg 1/Peg2 G4/ various funny machines too  :-) http://www.mo5.com/collection/index.php?pseudo=CLS2086
I also repair drives of our old beloved Amiga

Offline ptek

• Show only replies by ptek
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2007, 11:29:06 AM »
@Plaz :

3- Don't connect paypal to your credit card, and don't connect them to your primary business or personal bank accounts.

Why? I'm concerned because I have a PayPal account and I entered my credit card information on registration.

Do you see this as a real potencial problem? Has already happened a fraud due this ?

I'm concerned now :-(
Onions have layers ...

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 03, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »
I've never had any problems with PayPal myself.  Either with my ecommerce site nor TeamAROS.

Dammy
Head Troll
Black Troll Technology Corporation
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.