Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How do I get to all my old pmails/photos/notifications?  (Read 1821 times)

Description:

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Re: How do I get to all my old pmails/photos/notifications?
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 21, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »
Quote from: da9000;455416

3) Our post notification/bookmark selections? (I used to bookmark interesting threads so I could quickly search for them, later, in one page)

what I did was go to my Notification page and made a mht copy of it so I would have  all the titles of my links. I planned on doing a search (when I have NOTHING to do, haha) to make new "subscriptions" in this new board.

and i stated this in one of the threads that this was discussed before the change.

sorry you didn't catch it
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 09:37:23 PM »
Quote from: da9000;455533
Sorry but I don't know how the importing and transfer all works as I've never played with forum software, even though I do software, but if it was run one more time (in order to get over 100), is it possible to have it be run yet one more time to get all of them?

If not, is the database still around? Or are there multiple databases/files for each user?

Thanks in advance for the explanations.

Rerunning the import is not a good idea at this stage. It would essentially destroy all the PMs for everybody that have been sent since the site was formally transferred. Nor can it be run on a per-user basis.

I don't really have the time right now to write a more sophisticated version. There were all the old links to the original site's own forum to fix. Now people want their images back. Then there's the news archive.
int p; // A

Offline da9000Topic starter

• Show only replies by da9000
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 09:29:05 AM »
@cecilia:

That makes a lot of sense. I would have done the same but it wasn't clear when the move was going to happen. I got an email, but I was out of town and didn't think we wouldn't be given at least a month or something. Imagine all the people that visit once a month...

@Karlos:

I understand. If you have some downtime, and can either dump the raw data or modify the script to run per-user, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks