Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Getting AROS Vision to run in Win-UAE  (Read 6559 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

Re: Getting AROS Vision to run in Win-UAE
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 06, 2014, 10:57:11 PM »
Quote from: Starrunner;770490
I got as far as it loading to a CLI screen, but it goes no farther than that.  I double checked everything and as far as I can tell I set it up as close as I can get to the instructions I had found.  I am on an Athlon 64 @ 2.0GHz, and WinUAE 2.8.1.  Thanks for the replies so far gang, and as always, suggestions/help/locations for looney bins appreciated.

I have send you the link to my config-file (PM). When you adapt the paths and graphic card/sound card it should work. I use 2.6.1 but I think 2.8 works too

Offline Havie

• Show only replies by Havie
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 10:59:02 PM »
Now AB3DII works - yeah!  It's not bad at a decent speed but still not a patch on the first one (shame about the bloby pixels - will we ever see a 1x1 mode?)

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 11:00:18 PM »
Quote from: Havie;770488
Sorry - being thick. It wasn't highres interlace that was the problem but superhires interlace!  Realised that I needed to turn on superhires option in WinUAE and now all clear. Can obviously run in 256 colours no problem. Much better screen space for programming.

One tip, I have created a filetype for amiblitz source-files, that means if you right-click on a source-file icon you can compile it without IDE. There are two versions of amiblitz included, including 3.6.1

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 11:44:57 PM »
Quote from: Havie;770488
Sorry - being thick. It wasn't highres interlace that was the problem but superhires interlace!  Realised that I needed to turn on superhires option in WinUAE and now all clear. Can obviously run in 256 colours no problem. Much better screen space for programming.

RTG should work too. If you right-click the mouse you get the menu on the title bar and there you find screenmode in prefs (or you get there the normal way). There should be a lot of RTG modes. Amiblitz IDE does not work on RTG? I have tested it there and all seemed fine.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:48:29 PM by OlafS3 »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2014, 11:52:42 PM »
Quote from: Starrunner;770490
I got as far as it loading to a CLI screen, but it goes no farther than that.  I double checked everything and as far as I can tell I set it up as close as I can get to the instructions I had found.  I am on an Athlon 64 @ 2.0GHz, and WinUAE 2.8.1.  Thanks for the replies so far gang, and as always, suggestions/help/locations for looney bins appreciated.

have you perhaps edited your startup-sequence using a windows editor? if yes it rendered it unreadable for amiga/aros under uae due to different line feed. always edit amiga scripts under amiga or aros68k

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »
has this now helped anything or not?