Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CUSA Amiga range will cost up to $25,000  (Read 15656 times)

Description:

Offline Fullflavormenthol

• Show only replies by Fullflavormenthol
Re: CUSA Amiga range will cost up to $25,000
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 07:45:03 AM »
Oh.....my....a...gwahd!!!!!

Are you serious? I have a Mac Pro that does what I really need it to do running OSX, Windows, and Linux for a fraction of that. It plays great games too. I was also considering an Alienware system at similar specs that was the same cost.

There is no way they could provide a computer worth that much. I mean I could buy an entire render farm for that price built out of a combination of Apple, Alienware and IBM machines for that price. What the hell are they thinking.

The Amiga name was associated with a competitive computer at only a small increase in price in its heyday. Even in the later days it ways only a small increase. This is just stupid. The novelty of an Amiga badge won't pay for that.

Sorry I could buy a broken down Amiga...pull everything out...build new rails...put in any computer I want with an emulator and play pretend. Really right now if I want an Amiga I would simply buy a PPC board and run Amiga OS. Fingers crossed for a time in which I could afford it, which seems far more likely than ever owning an Amiga for C-USA.

Unless it is hand signed by Walt Disney himself and built by the imagineers I won't even think about it other than to laugh.

Commodore USA...Making Apple prices look down right thrifty by comparison.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:48:20 AM by Fullflavormenthol »

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »
10  Barry makes ludicrous statement
20 Leo gives Barry a good knock to the side of the head
30 All mention of the idea is forgotten
40 goto 10
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 02:59:02 PM »
15 We all laugh uproariously
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline danwood

• Show only replies by danwood
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 03:17:05 PM »
25 Dammy instantly believes anything he's told, with total blind faith and no thought and proceeds to spam all the Amiga forums with this glorious news of world domination... "just two more months!"

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline AndyLandy

• Show only replies by AndyLandy
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011, 05:48:10 PM »
I stand by my previous comments on the matter. C= USA isn't a real company, it's just a bunch of internet trolls with nothing better to do with their lives. Move along, nothing to see here :)
Join us on IRC! irc.ecs.soton.ac.uk #amiga

A500plus - GVP A530, needs work! | A1200 - 68030/40; 2+32MB; 1.4GB | A3000 - 68040/25; 2+80MB; 4GB | A4000 - 68060/50; work-in-progress!

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2011, 02:24:48 PM »
Well they are real in so far that you can buy a product from them.
However, Dammys involvement is pretty much pure trolling.
Vague promises, constant talk about OS4 when discussing CUSA, persistantly posting on websites almost completely hostile to CUSA, grand lies... Its just a troll act to rile people up.

Never was anything else guys.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »
You'll also note there's no reviews by any reputable review websites on their current offerings.  Some dude posting a 10 min video of an "unboxing" on YouTube isn't a review, boys.

I would think for a company shouting "WE ARE TOP QUALITY!  OUR KEYBOARDS MAKE CLICKY NOISES!" they would have had the confidence to be shipping one to every review site on the 'net.  Just a boatload of overheating, non working wifi stories on their own forums, seemingly.

They shipped product, which is more than I figured would happen, tbh.

Offline orb85750

• Show only replies by orb85750
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2011, 04:01:44 PM »
Regardless, I don't think these guys are going to be around too long.  Most of the Amiga community has no interest in what they're doing.  Most of the non-Amiga community has no interest in what they're doing.

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2011, 05:10:51 PM »
Quote from: Duce;661035
You'll also note there's no reviews by any reputable review websites on their current offerings.  Some dude posting a 10 min video of an "unboxing" on YouTube isn't a review, boys.

I would think for a company shouting "WE ARE TOP QUALITY!  OUR KEYBOARDS MAKE CLICKY NOISES!" they would have had the confidence to be shipping one to every review site on the 'net.  Just a boatload of overheating, non working wifi stories on their own forums, seemingly.

They shipped product, which is more than I figured would happen, tbh.

I think I have mentioned it on this forum before. But pretty everything I have read about CUSA is regurgitated articles that seem to be copy and pasted between sites and blogs. Even the tweets are just spewed out by retweet bots.

I only recall a couple of actual articles that were original and they all said that they wouldn't be buying one.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2011, 06:54:04 PM »
C=USA is just another Manchurian candidate, a front for Chinese manufacturers take one of the few areas they don't yet completely own, desktop computers....

Quote from: CritAnime;661062
I think I have mentioned it on this forum before. But pretty everything I have read about CUSA is regurgitated articles that seem to be copy and pasted between sites and blogs. Even the tweets are just spewed out by retweet bots.

I only recall a couple of actual articles that were original and they all said that they wouldn't be buying one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2011, 06:59:50 PM »
Quote from: danwood;660858
25 Dammy instantly believes anything he's told, with total blind faith and no thought and proceeds to spam all the Amiga forums with this glorious news of world domination... "just two more months!"

He's mentally ill so we shouldn't be too harsh on him I guess.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »
Quote from: persia;661078
C=USA is just another Manchurian candidate, a front for Chinese manufacturers take one of the few areas they don't yet completely own, desktop computers....
Well, they may have slightly miscalculated in selecting a Florida furniture retailer with whom to carry out that evil scheme...let alone one who thinks that the high-end professional workstation market can be recaptured by a long-dead and oft-necromanced brand name and nothing else.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2011, 07:19:40 PM »
Remember..

Commodore ZXX Spectrum. The extra X means extra cash.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2011, 09:11:55 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;661085
Remember..

Commodore ZXX Spectrum. The extra X means extra cash.

"linux has x11...our new spectrum for professionals has 3 times as much x!"

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #44 from previous page: September 24, 2011, 09:23:57 PM »
Remember workbench? Well forget about it because we can't use the name any more. So get ready for Commodore OS. Linux that we are gonna skin to me you feel like we aren't rehashing it for our purposes.

Remember Amiga? Well we kind of have the rights to use the name in order to sell you expensive crap. So get ready for our range of $2,000 - $20,000 "prosumer" computers. Aimed at giving you nothing that Dell and others already can for cheaper!

And coming soon. Our all new range of Commodore Amstrad CPC computers. Aimed at making sure your childhood memories are well and truly mangled for the rest of your lives!

Order now and we will give you your very own Dammy. Who will argue the toss with you on our forums when something doesn't go right. Absolutely free.

Now that's 30 million well spent.