Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newtek Tricaster Q's.......  (Read 3663 times)

Description:

Offline giZmo350Topic starter

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
Newtek Tricaster Q's.......
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:01:20 PM »
Just inquiring… does anyone here own/use a Newtek Tricaster? How do peeps on YouTube create those dazzling videos? I’m sure some have high-end equipment but most channelers complain about being broke with no job. What equipment are they using to add all those cool titles, wipes, fades, twirls, etc & add little cartoon animes overlaid on the video? I’m sure that post production can be time consuming depending on the complexity of the production and length. Are peeps using mostly older Tricasters? I see the Tricasater TC100 come up on eBay fairly cheap sometimes. Is the TC100 a decent unit for what I see peeps produce on YouTube these days? It would seem that all you need is a cheap video camera and a mic - what else would one need? What about green screen capabilities? I have more q’s but I’ll wait on input from just these thoughts at the moment. Thanks for any feedback! :)
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline trekiej

Re: Newtek Tricaster Q's.......
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »
I have a Applied Magic Screenplay.
It still works but I have not used it much since I got it recently.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline mindprober

• Show only replies by mindprober
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:01:30 PM »

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »
Quote from: trekiej;836138
I have a Applied Magic Screenplay.
It still works but I have not used it much since I got it recently.

Yea, that looks like it does pretty much the same thing as a TriCaster (and what I see peeps post on YouTube) - and pretty well I might add. I see that those are even older equipment and looks fairly inexpensive on eBay - & weren't that cheap back in the day either. But aren't peeps using something way newer than that? I mean, we're talking just regular young people doing all sorts of cool video and switching.

Quote from: jdryyz;836141
Sounds a lot like what Bill does:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYt9E2d_GCrPzquW-5MZwmQ

Yes, Bill does a lot of live streaming so that he can chat simultaneously. Very cool! I don't plan on live steaming... I pretty much need a switcher with good/cool/snazzy post production. Also, Bill seems to be using a lot of small boxes to accomplish the same thing a TrCaster does with one box! :laugh1:

I've watched this vid of Bill's a few times now. Bill's setup is not exactly what I'm looking for as it's also not very portable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZhkT3X_SJQ

YouTube peeps must be using something fairly inexpensive as so many have jazzed up productions. I just don't know what they use. There have been a couple of TriCaster TC100 models on eBay for as little as $400 to $500. I have googled for TC100 info and can't find anything about the unit or it's capabilities. So, anyhoo.... can anyone comment on the TriCaster? Thanks for the input guys!!! :)
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Offline trekiej

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 09:16:20 PM »
Tri-Caster with composite inputs seem to be pretty cheap. I have been wanting a Tri-caster for a long while.

I have been looking at the Videonics switcher that can be added to by the control port in the back. Title maker and maybe a few other items I can not remember. :(
Maybe a mixer.

USB camera and a video editor seems to be very basic in video these days.
Screen capture software is another good one to have.

I bought a camera at the local pawn shop that is SD with hard drive for $50.00 US, I think.
It had a table top tripod, box for another camera and cd for another camera. I bought a S-video cable with sound and composite rca connections. It had a power supply and battery but not base for USB out put.

Live feed, I have seen software for sale. edit:
Prices seemed to be high. This was years ago.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:24:17 PM by trekiej »

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 09:41:19 PM »
Quote from: trekiej;836143
Tri-Caster with composite inputs seem to be pretty cheap. I have been wanting a Tri-caster for a long while.

Yea, some are cheap.... some are not. One guy on eBay wants $800 for a TC50 - too much. But then, this guy wants $300 for a TC100.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NewTeK-Tricaster-100-Shuttle-NVD7300-VM-Live-Switcher/222836684941?hash=item33e219f88d:g:OlEAAOSwGllaVofx

I passed up a chance to snag a TC100 on eBay for $400 that was like new in the box with manual and software. He showed the switcher screen and it looked really cool! Just can't find any info on the TC100.

I was also googling for TriCasters to get an idea of the timeline that each model came out but no info there either.[/QUOTE]

I bought a camera at the local pawn shop that is SD with hard drive for $50.00 US, I think.
It had a table top tripod, box for another camera and cd for another camera. I bought a S-video cable with sound and composite rca connections. It had a power supply and battery but not base for USB out put.

Also, yes... I have seen professional vid cams for cheap on eBay too. Not sure the condition but it looks like they're out there to be had.

Live feed, I have seen software for sale. edit:
Prices seemed to be high. This was years ago.

The TC100 also does "live broadcasting". I don't know.... just wondering if the TC100 is worth $400+ bucks. Jeeeeze! I paid $350 just for my Toaster Flyer board! I'm thinking I could sell all my Toaster stuff to pay for a TriCaster. I guess if the guy relists it, I'll snag it but dang... I already have so much into all my Toaster stuff and still haven't used it. :( I'm not trying to be a whiner here..... just wonder if a TC100 + Cam(s) + Mic will do a decent job of post video production.

Offline trekiej

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:03:59 PM »
TC100: I saw that one about 15 min ago. I would snag it if I could. :(