Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Work partition "Uninitialized"  (Read 3513 times)

Description:

Offline zyphoidTopic starter

• Show only replies by zyphoid
Re: Work partition "Uninitialized"
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 21, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »

pVC wrote:
zyphoid:

Did you get the partition fixed or just recovered the files to other partition?

If files are saved to other partition, then it would be nice to try to fix the broken partition. And I still would recommend ABTools (AmiBack) for it.. fixed many badly broken partitions with it at old ffs times :)

yea was able to reformat and transfer files back to drive partition.
A1200T Mid-Night 060@50mhz tv tuner,voodoo banshee,usb subway,mediator,Dual Multi partition 200Gig 2.5/3.5HD, Twin dual-layer lite-on dvd 52x dvd-rw, sx-32pro030@50mhz my favorite system what xbox came from til someone says otherwise,A500 Efika...

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 04:08:32 PM »

motorollin wrote:
Congratulations! So glad you got everything back. Your next steps:

1. Back up your irreplaceable documents (letters etc) to a safe medium - another hard disk, a CD-RW, or at a push floppy disks
2. Buy a brand new hard disk
3. Install SFS on the new hard disk
4. Move everything on to the new hard disk
5. Throw away the old hard disk as the noises it was making suggest imminent mechanical failure, which means data recovery will not be possible unless you send it away for expensive professional recovery
6. Implement, test and maintain a reliable backup process

--
moto

1. did that
2. got the spare, I'll run the current one till it smokes :-)
3. Just how do you do this? a separate prog? :-?
A1200T Mid-Night 060@50mhz tv tuner,voodoo banshee,usb subway,mediator,Dual Multi partition 200Gig 2.5/3.5HD, Twin dual-layer lite-on dvd 52x dvd-rw, sx-32pro030@50mhz my favorite system what xbox came from til someone says otherwise,A500 Efika...

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 04:23:37 PM »
Re. 2: why run it til it smokes and risk losing data? Hard drives are so cheap you might as well replace it now.

Re 3: Have a look here. There guide (SFS_OLD.guide) contains details instructions on how to install it, but it can be a little daunting so feel free to ask for help if you need it.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline wa9yoz

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by wa9yoz
    • http://www.qrz.com/db/wa9yoz
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 04:01:22 PM »
Quarterback 6.1 appeared in CU Amiga CDROM #12, July 1997. I'm sure there are members who would mail that to you for free!

Offline scuzzb494

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 08:39:54 PM »
>Quarterback 6.1 appeared in CU Amiga CDROM #12, July 1997. >I'm sure there are members who would mail that to you for >free!

Quarterback 6.1 and Quarterback Tools no less plus the Big Red Adventure and the artwork of Eric Schwartz...

I think our friend managed to get things sorted out in the end though.

scuzz
http://www.commodore-amiga-retro.com

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show only replies by A4000_Mad
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 09:07:42 PM »

Quarterback 6.1 appeared in CU Amiga CDROM #12, July 1997. I'm sure there are members who would mail that to you for free!

There was indeed :-) Glad we could all help our Amiga buddie out of nasty fix.

:pint:
A4000 Mad

Offline wurzel

• Show only replies by wurzel
    • http://www.wurzel.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 09:24:54 PM »
To make a backup of all my partitions, I use a proggy from Aminet called "Mirrorcopy". It copies files from the source to the destination ONLY if:

a) They aren't on the dest., or
b) they are there but have changed

It also removes files from the dest if they have been removed from the source. This way, the 2nd drive is a "Mirrorcopy" of the 1st drive.

You can do this on an automatic basis by using another program to call mirrorcopy: also from Aminet, it's called EZCron. Leave your miggy running overnight & it will automatically backup.

NOTES:

I have found over the years, that mirrorcopy will fail & stall without leaving an error message this way. It's worth doing it manually every so often to check it, and make any corrections which can be found by doing it manually.

--
A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 060 with SCSI, 196mb Ram, Mediator, Voodoo 5500, Spider USB, Hauppage TV, Soundblaster & Fast Ethernet cards, 2gb boot/program drive, 40gb data drive, 40x12x48 CDRW

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 12:24:49 AM »

wurzel wrote:
To make a backup of all my partitions, I use a proggy from Aminet called "Mirrorcopy". It copies files from the source to the destination ONLY if:

a) They aren't on the dest., or
b) they are there but have changed

It also removes files from the dest if they have been removed from the source. This way, the 2nd drive is a "Mirrorcopy" of the 1st drive.

You can do this on an automatic basis by using another program to call mirrorcopy: also from Aminet, it's called EZCron. Leave your miggy running overnight & it will automatically backup.

NOTES:

I have found over the years, that mirrorcopy will fail & stall without leaving an error message this way. It's worth doing it manually every so often to check it, and make any corrections which can be found by doing it manually.

Interesting! sounds like great programs...just downloaded and will test it.  Thanks for the tip!

Offline Boot_WB

• Show only replies by Boot_WB
    • http://www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 10:13:29 PM »
@Zyphoid

Congratulations! I was actually quite worried you would lose the lot. Am pleased you got it all back (and importantly, then backed up all your data ;-) ).

Yey!
Mac Mini G4 (1.5GHz, 64MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.6
Powerbook 5.8 (15", 1.67GHz, 128MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.8.

Windows-free since 2011-2014 (Damn you Netflix!)