Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Digital vs. analogue joysticks with OS 4  (Read 632 times)

Description:

Offline DandyTopic starter

• http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
Digital vs. analogue joysticks with OS 4
« on: January 13, 2017, 11:47:13 AM »
Back in 1997/98, when I bought all the necessary parts for building my Amiga4000PPC Tower, I also bought a few games that supported digital joysticks (like Competition Pro), as well as analogue ones.

Back then I also bought a pair of analogue joysticks and deemed them better suited for simulator games (like e.g. F1 GP) than the digital ones (like my Competition Pro).

Now, in the NG-Amiga days, it sort of surprises me that there is no more talk about analogue joysticks, despite the fact that they allow for a much more precise steering experience.

As I'm just considering to upgrade my experimental OS 4.0 classic setup from 2007/2008 to OS 4.1 FE classic Update1 and donating my Miggy at least one BigRamPlus, I'm also wondering how the support for analogue joysticks or steering wheels is in OS 4?

I mean - I rarely play games - but if so, then mostly simulations. And there I would definitely prefer analogue steering devices over digital ones anytime.

I would like to see e.g. steering wheels supported, including pedals, gearsticks, force feedback and the like for racing games.

And something equivalent for flight simulations, as well.
All analogue, of course...

What do the Amiga Gamers think about that?
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)