Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Legend Of Kyrandia HD install says "too small"  (Read 1754 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Legend Of Kyrandia HD install says "too small"
« on: June 16, 2003, 02:04:21 PM »
Ok, I am running UAE, and have of course set up the Hard Drive and all that Jazz, but everytime I goto install Legend Of Kyrandia, it says I don't have enough disk space which is FAR from the truth. How can I fix this? I have tried to just copy all of the files from the disk to a folder, but I am not sure which file is the executable now. Seems each file I try to launch crashes UAE.

Anyone been through this before?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: Legend Of Kyrandia HD install says "too small"
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 02:11:57 PM »
It probably has to do with FFS' 3Gig limit. Make a hardfile under 3gig and install there.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline MasterOfReality

• Show only replies by MasterOfReality
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 04:24:29 PM »
Some HD installers check the freespace on the partition you're installing to before allowing you to continue. This is a pain if you're using a disk (or hardfile) over 2.1Gig as the OS reports the size as a negative number. As red suggests, try installing it on a smaller hardfile.

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 12:55:00 AM »
My Hard File is 500Mb.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 01:19:14 AM »
Ok, I am running UAE, and have of course set up the Hard Drive and all that Jazz, but everytime I goto install Legend Of Kyrandia, it says I don't have enough disk space which is FAR from the truth.

Don't take this the wrong way... But are you sure you're using the HD installer right?

I remember some old Amiga games (Kyrandia may have been one of them!) that require you to make a directory where you want the game to be installed, copy the installer there (!) and THEN run the copy you made in the location you wish to install to.  Running the installer from the floppy will generate a message that there isn't enough room (on the floppy) to install to.

Perhaps this is what you're running into?

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 01:26:42 AM »
Ya, like I said I copied all the files to a directory arleady but don't know which file executes the game. If I run the installer from the directory it says it is already installed.

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 02:15:41 AM »
Ya, like I said I copied all the files to a directory arleady but don't know which file executes the game. If I run the installer from the directory it says it is already installed.

Well, what I'm really meaning is to make an empty directory on the HD, drag the installer icon into it, and then double click it from there.  If it's finding all the files already on the HD, it may (mistakenly) think it's already installed.  Of course, the "installer" may just be a script to copy all the files, anyhow...  In which case, you've already done the grunt work, and just double clicking the "Kyrandia" file should launch.. (?)

If not, try opening a shell (CLI) and running the Kyrandia file from there, and see if it generates any interesting messages for you.  Also, you could take apart the s/startup-sequence on disk 1, and see how that launches the game.  (The game does work from floppy image, right?)

There's probably no less than 10 ways to skin this cat.  It shouldn't be that complicated, provided all your disks are good.  I don't remember the Kyrandia install to be too complex.  Of course, I also don't remember where my code wheel is for it.  :-(

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 04:03:15 AM »
Ok I'll check out the start up script and what not, and try to launch the game from Command Line. I am running this on my XBOX, so it just may not work with UAE, who knows.