Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New AGA game: Strife!  (Read 9075 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
Re: New AGA game: Strife!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 03:32:28 AM »
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............................................................
I can hardly to receive my Apollo 1260 I am going to be SPENDING WEEKS on my A1200!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 03:45:46 AM »
Quote from: Lurch;728989
Amazing some of things that are happening of late, thinking I might have to tower my A1200 and go RTG :-)

Gentic species runs really fast too, just wished I could get a higher res but for some reason they have only allowed that for RTG Amiga's.... when the indivision could handle it fine.

Indivision AGA in no way speeds things up. Its not a graphics card. It simply allows for a more flexible display with AGA. IndiECS does have a framebuffer and grafitti emulation though, and can squeeze a little more out of machines that are using it.

Back on topic however. Very cool. I'll have to check this game out. Thanks to the person behind the port (whos name I cant recall at the moment :))
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 03:50:02 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;728994
Indivision AGA in no way speeds things up. Its not a graphics card. It simply allows for a more flexible display with AGA. IndiECS does have a framebuffer and grafitti emulation though, and can squeeze a little more out of machines that are using it.

Back on topic however. Very cool. I'll have to check this game out. Thanks to the person behind the port (whos name I cant recall at the moment :))

The Legendary Lantus! :)

I forget, did you say you had a 80Mhz 060 too?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 04:36:44 AM »
good find Cammy! will definitely check it out on my 1200 when she's up again in my new office in a month or so:knuddel:
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 04:43:39 AM »
@XDelusion

Nah, humble ol' 40mhz apollo '040 here. It is a mach131 card though, so I'll upgrade it to something along those lines eventually. Having to make do with a stock a1200 while waiting for card to be upgraded and returned has been the main reason Ive ot done it yet :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 05:02:05 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;728999
@XDelusion

Nah, humble ol' 40mhz apollo '040 here. It is a mach131 card though, so I'll upgrade it to something along those lines eventually. Having to make do with a stock a1200 while waiting for card to be upgraded and returned has been the main reason Ive ot done it yet :)

If you are shipping to Poland, it didn't take long for mine to arrive there, nor for him to have it done. I think 2 or maybe 3 weeks...

It's WELL worth it!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 05:11:21 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;728999
@XDelusion

Hey fishy_fiz, if I waited for one year and some to upgrade my Amiga 1200 from stock to Apollo 1260 @ 80 Mhz (I sold my Blizzard 1230 for the upgrade), I am sure if you try very hard you can dish 3 weeks without using your A1200. In the end it is well worth it.

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 05:35:54 AM »
Backtracking a little, but it seems to run reasonably well on '030 judging by Cammy's video. Having not played the game yet I cant say for sure, but it mostly appears a little slower vs the 060 video rather than losing much fluidity. Given the game style that shouldnt really hurt though.

It's "funny" how well these style games can run on our old 68k/custom chipset amigas, given that at the time these games were new their lack of performance played a part in people moving on to other platforms.

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 08:17:15 AM »
@xdelusion I dont get it, why dont you play the ppc ports of your beloved Hexen and Heretic amiga ports? They will run better than your 68k cpu can and you can still output to aga?

@lurch really? what resolution can you set genetic species to on rtg? I thought it ran 320x240 there, too. interesting. that game is the best original doom clone we have, I think.

@cammy you think there will be a ppc/rtg version? would love to run this game in 640x480
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Lurch
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 08:20:19 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;728994
Indivision IndiECS does have a framebuffer and grafitti emulation though, and can squeeze a little more out of machines that are using it.

The indi ii has a similar/same mode, a shame no drivers have been converted from the ECS to the AGA 2 :-( The RTG emulated mode with indi ECS is awesome, wish I can program I'd have a shot at a drive for the AGA2
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 08:34:54 AM »
Quote from: rvo_nl;729013
@lurch really? what resolution can you set genetic species to on rtg? I thought it ran 320x240 there, too. interesting. that game is the best original doom clone we have, I think.

Default is 320-250 all I'm asking is 640-480 :-) a 060@80MHz should be ample as the 320-250 feels very quick.

The effects in that game are better than Doom, the lighting. Fire effects and more... can't get enough of it.

I've heard people pushing it to 1024x768 on another thread using RTG but not sure myself.

Back on topic Strife is running well, very quick. I'm impressed. Bring on more games :-)
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 09:02:08 AM »
Ah sorry, Id forgotten about that (Indi mk2 having same sort of features as IndiECS).

I could be mistaken, but I have a vague memory of Genetic Species giving options for higher resolutions when the updates have been applied, whether being used on aga or RTG. Not really relevant, but I think textures could be upgraded to 16 or 24 bitcolor as well for RTG. Its been a while, so thake this with a grain of salt :)

Back of topic however I've,... err,... "acquired" game files, so will check out Strife after dinner :)

Offline Lord Aga

• Show only replies by Lord Aga
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 09:07:58 AM »
Sorry to hijack the thread but...
XDelusion, where is your AB3D graphics thread ? I can't find it for the life of me...
Glory to the loud-mouthed Scotsman !

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 12:11:17 PM »
Quote from: Lord Aga;729021
Sorry to hijack the thread but...
XDelusion, where is your AB3D graphics thread ? I can't find it for the life of me...

This one?

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=64387

Offline Lord Aga

• Show only replies by Lord Aga
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 02:09:17 PM »
Yes, that one :)
Thanks !
Glory to the loud-mouthed Scotsman !

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 13, 2013, 06:02:40 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eQHhT8Afw4 :-)

My crappy camera and first attempt at a video. Hopefully I'll get better at it :-)
-=[LurcH]=-