Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 7 buttons joypad ? (and the piracy mumbojumbo)  (Read 1029 times)

Description:

Offline xaccrocheurTopic starter

• Show only replies by xaccrocheur
7 buttons joypad ? (and the piracy mumbojumbo)
« on: March 16, 2003, 10:12:05 AM »
Hi

I just bought 2 "Original" CD32 Joypads for my Game-Only BIG desktop 1200, but I'm wondering :

This thing has 7 buttons ! 4 regular ones, two triggers, and a pause/start rubber button !

# Were all those EVER used in a game ?

# Is it possible to burn game CDs for use with the CD32 (a friend of mine just found an old one w/ *no games* and want to show it off to the family ) using ADFs found on the net ?

# Is the situation sorted out regarding old games that were commercial, but are not sold anymore ? Am I a pirate, Given that I bough 2 Amiga Games in the last 2 months, when I ask for *anybody* who has the wonderful "furry of the furries" to come over for a beer ? I mean, where would I *buy* it anyway ??
 (beers are on me) :-P

pX

Offline Nick

• Show only replies by Nick
Re: 7 buttons joypad ? (and the piracy mumbojumbo)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 11:27:17 AM »
There are games which use a lot of the buttons. Pause by the way is usually the same function as Escape. A bit like START on the Playstation. Gloom uses a few of them. The shoulder buttons etc.

There are games sites out there with legal games on them. I`m not sure if any do CD32 games, but if the ones which are legal do do them, then the games will not be pirated. www.Back2roots.org is as good a place to start than any.

Offline Jupp3

• Show only replies by Jupp3
    • http://jupp3.amigafin.org
Re: 7 buttons joypad ? (and the piracy mumbojumbo)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 11:40:04 AM »
There are some legal (ex-commercial) CD32 games available at:
http://www.back2roots.org
At least there's Banshee (great shoot'em'up, but mostly same as floppy version)

But the best game to "demonstrate" CD32 there must be Beneath a Steel Sky, that's one of the greatest adventure games for Amiga, and the CD version is fully spoken (Sound so funny, when Joey says "EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!" after talking about "The laws of Robotics")

(Oh, that's 64MB download...)

One other adventure game to look for is Simon the Sorcerer CD32, Guess you should find that for relatively cheap at some Amiga dealer, that's also fully spoken.

Others worth mentioning:
Pinball Illusions (Nice CD musics)
Liberation (CD musics and speech)
Super Stardust (Animations and CD musics)
Alien Breed 3D (CD audios, and, well, classic game)
Alien Breed: Tower Assault (intro animation)
Universe (Classic adventure, with CD audios, but beware of that crap re-release, which is cracked non-working HD fixed floppy version on CDr)

And about buttons, some games use quite many (Liberation and Guardian)
I guess, that depends on whether there's floppy version or not, if there is, it shouldn't require many buttons.

I remember once configuring Quake so, I could play the game with only joypad, I could do everything, walk, look around, shoot, change weapons etc :)

(I think, I used directionals for looking and Red & Yellow for walking forward & back)