Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Timberwolf Progress Update  (Read 21061 times)

Description:

Offline utri007

Re: Timberwolf Progress Update
« Reply #134 from previous page: August 17, 2011, 11:01:59 PM »
I proven many times that MorphOs users are actually more interested AOs4 than their own system.

This thread is good example when we compare it this http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58734

True fan writes something like that:

Piru grow up. The so called Frieden brothers and hyperion are ****ing gods and nobody should say anything bad about them or what they do. Your just ****ing jealous you are not a coding god like these people. I would happily have one of the Frieden brothers in my mouth and the other in my arse whilst wearing an AOS4 t-shirt. I wouldn't even boot your crappy OS on my machine.  

If I do understand this right, he wants to have something to his arse and mouth and woun't boot Pirus's Os? Piru is skilled coder but MoronOs isn't his product.

Their desperate feelings are understable, after thei released MOs to apple's products they have get 3 new users. This also proves that Hyperion's choise to get their own custom hardware is good choise.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:19:40 PM by utri007 »
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2011, 11:50:20 PM »
Apparently when one is running out of arguments we have got new game: ha-ha, you are in different camp than me!
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2011, 12:12:41 AM »
Quote from: itix;655132
Apparently when one is running out of arguments we have got new game: ha-ha, you are in different camp than me!

Yeah. :(
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline cha05e90

• Show only replies by cha05e90
    • http://www.ruthe.info
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2011, 12:53:16 AM »
Quote from: itix;655132

What arguments? Here? At Amiga.org? :D
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2011, 02:35:06 AM »
Quote from: utri007;655122
I proven many times that MorphOs users are actually more interested AOs4 than their own system.

Their desperate feelings are understable, after thei released MOs to apple's products they have get 3 new users. This also proves that Hyperion's choise to get their own custom hardware is good choise.

Hmm well first off learn to spell and maybe somebody will take your foolish arguments seriously. Secondly you are completely talking straight out of your ass with this post. Almost all of it is totally wrong. Congrats.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2011, 04:49:50 AM »
i suggest this thread be closed now as, yet again, people who seemingly have no interest in the thread topic feel compelled to post FUD & troll:(

to the usual suspects, please start a new thread & call it something like "complaining about Timberwolf on AmigaOS4.x", this way 'you & yours' can congregate there and people who are sincerely interested in the topic can read a troll free thread:idea:

@ Piru

you wrote" There are several individuals who I'd rather see stfu permanently. Yet,  for some reason I don't see it a failing of this site (well most of the  time at least).

If this freedom feels overwhelming there are alternatives which are far more restrictive of what you can say or criticise...         "

trolling is not a freedom & only makes this site look unfriendly to new (& returning) amiga enthusiasts.  I don't know why you would want any site where the few ruin things for the majority  ?????
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:59:41 AM by klx300r »
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline hooligan

• Show only replies by hooligan
    • http://www.mikseri.net/hooligan
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2011, 05:23:54 AM »
Quote from: utri007;655122

Click here for some statistics.

Offline utri007

« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2011, 09:24:43 AM »
I really do not understand, why so many here are so interested putting something to their ass or talking about others asses :)

Freud might have some theories about that.

BUT it is true that amiga.org is most hostile forum against OS4 and that is mostly because some MOS users who like to hijact every single OS4 thread.
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN

Offline cha05e90

« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2011, 10:03:46 AM »
Quote from: utri007;655166
that is mostly because some MOS users who like to hijact every single OS4 thread.

I don't think this entirely true - of course there some MorphOS users/developers that don't behave that nice, but in the sum they are only a fraction of a more general problem here at Amiga.org. Up to 2003 this was my favourite Amiga site - afterwards, ah, it became more or less ... nevermind.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »
Quote from: utri007;655166
BUT it is true that amiga.org is most hostile forum against OS4 and that is mostly because some MOS users who like to hijact every single OS4 thread.

The idea that some threads would be "owned" by a certain group of people, and that only a limited group of amiga.org members would be allowed to post in them, and only in a way (to both content and form) that is officially approved by "the OS4 forum posting committee" or whatever, is, simply put, absolutely ridiculous. This misconception is a sickness cultivated and spread from places like amigaworld.net and amigans.net, and if anything, moderators here should try to keep this site protected and free from this disease. There is no "hijacking", we are all members of the amiga.org forum and we are all allowed to post in every thread on this site we think we have something to say about, without the approval of utri007, klx300r, HotRod, and other crybabies. If people have things to say about the Frieden's view on open source, their morale, their skills, their ambitions, etc (which obviously is the case), then there is nothing in this site's Terms Of Service guidelines that prohibits this, so your cry for moderation, thread locking, and banning(?) is totally uncalled for. Comparisons of ethics, spirit and goodwill between the two major browser porters/developers *is* on topic in a thread about an amiga browser, and so is comparisons of the qualities of amiga browsers. What is not OK though, is spamming a thread with crap posts about how you don't like what is being said, frivolous moaning about moderation, and other off topic crap that some people seems to be doing here since yesterday. This is not OK, take that behavior elsewhere.

So. There.
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline utri007

« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2011, 10:53:44 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;655169
The idea that some threads would be "owned" by a certain group of people, and that only a limited group of amiga.org members would be allowed to post in them, and only in a way (to both content and form) that is officially approved by "the OS4 forum posting committee" or whatever, is, simply put, absolutely ridiculous. This misconception is a sickness cultivated and spread from places like amigaworld.net and amigans.net, and if anything, moderators here should try to keep this site protected and free from this disease. There is no "hijacking", we are all members of the amiga.org forum and we are all allowed to post in every thread on this site we think we have something to say about, without the approval of utri007, klx300r, HotRod, and other crybabies. If people have things to say about the Frieden's view on open source, their morale, their skills, their ambitions, etc (which obviously is the case), then there is nothing in this site's Terms Of Service guidelines that prohibits this, so your cry for moderation, thread locking, and banning(?) is totally uncalled for. Comparisons of ethics, spirit and goodwill between the two major browser porters/developers *is* on topic in a thread about an amiga browser, and so is comparisons of the qualities of amiga browsers. What is not OK though, is spamming a thread with crap posts about how you don't like what is being said, frivolous moaning about moderation, and other off topic crap that some people seems to be doing here since yesterday. This is not OK, take that behavior elsewhere.

So. There.

How many posts here are about "Timberwolf Progress Update"? Quite many are personal insults against Frieden brothers/Hyperion

Offline Fab

• Show only replies by Fab
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »
Quote from: utri007;655172
How many posts here are about "Timberwolf Progress Update"? Quite many are personal insults against Frieden brothers/Hyperion

Dunno, but at least one message is a deep (or not?) love message. :)

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »
Quote from: utri007;655172
How many posts here are about "Timberwolf Progress Update"?
Not many. I wonder why that is? However there has been a ton of discussion related to Timberwolf, other browsers and circumstances related to the progress (or lack of) the Timberwolf porting. Also some quite off topic discussion as well, but in all IMHO it hasn't gone completely off topic.

Quite many are personal insults against Frieden brothers/Hyperion
File a abuse report and let the moderators moderate.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2011, 11:48:44 AM »
to improve this thread in lack of "real" progress update we could introduce "virtual progress update" where we would talk about what we believe is currently worked on, how it will work when finished and about that it will be finished when it is done.

Offline cha05e90

« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2011, 12:01:26 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;655054
I just got the FireFox 6.0 update for OS X.

Hows that FF 4.0 rewrite of Timberwolf coming along?

http://www.amigabounty.net/index.php?function=viewhistory&projectid=44&historyid=53

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;655180
to improve this thread in lack of "real" progress update we could introduce "virtual progress update" where we would talk about what we believe is currently worked on, how it will work when finished and about that it will be finished when it is done.

I like that idea.

I reckon they have probably got to the point where the have realised that  to your average user, firefox has become a massive and bloated  slow ,piece of  irrelevance
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"