Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GLQuake WOS  (Read 793 times)

Description:

Offline Robert17Topic starter

• Show only replies by Robert17
GLQuake WOS
« on: January 09, 2005, 12:16:37 AM »
Hey all, just wondered if anyone had Tried the Port of GLQuake for WarpOS... I can't get it to work, I just get a grey screen when I run it, anyone else made it work?

Robert
Member of the Lincs Amiga Group, UK :-)

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: GLQuake WOS
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 12:27:56 AM »
Works fine here. I've found the "grey screen of death" is usually the result of MiniGL driven application failing to create a Warp3D context for some reason and not exiting gracefully.

This is almost always due to a bad Warp3D installation or a lack of available video ram. Make sure you don't go overboard on your workbench screen size/depth if you have a card like the B/CVisionPPC as it only has 8MB.

Have you tried any other warp 3D requiring programs? If you can get the gears demo to work you should be ok.

One more thing. GLQuakeWOS uses a lot of RAM. I had problems in 64 MB, usually access to address 0, all of which dissapeared after getting more memory. This problem was likely the result of failing to allocate some memory and not checking it before using it.
int p; // A

Offline Robert17Topic starter

• Show only replies by Robert17
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 12:51:52 AM »
I'm using a Voodoo3 on a prometheus so video memory shouldn't be a problem hopefully, I've got 128mb ram so that shouldn't be an issue either... The Gears PPC demo works, but only in fullscreen mode, I get a recoverable alert and a WarpOS exception if I try small, or windowed modes.

Robert
Member of the Lincs Amiga Group, UK :-)

Offline DaNi

• Show only replies by DaNi
    • http://morphos.blog.com.es/
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 01:34:46 AM »
i have installed this version http://ftp.uni-bremen.de/pub/aminet/game/shoot/BlitzQuake_wos.lha and work great here the game run at 50fps at 640x350 (603e+/280mhz) but i remember with 240mhz here the game loss some frames with lights effects.
any was played quake2? is much faster than this quake 1 gl?
EFIKA 5K2 PowerPC G2 400Mhz, MorphOS 2.7, 128MB 266MHz DDR RAM, FSB 133MHz, 500GB HDD, Radeon 9200 PRO 128MB, USB HUB x8.