Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daydreaming  (Read 2435 times)

Description:

Offline Blade

• Show only replies by Blade
Re: Daydreaming
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 25, 2006, 10:58:44 PM »
we must not forget that the CD32 was the worlds first true 32bit console.

I really wonder how long this myth lasts ;) CD32 was definetly *not* the "first"
32bit Console, the FM Towns Marty was (And they probably sold even more units then Commo produced CD32s) Not that it really matterd anyway, compared with the 3DO which appeared
almost the same time, the cd32 looked very dated, same with the Jaguar which came about
a year later, and remember both failed too...

Offline zombiTopic starter

• Show only replies by zombi
    • http://www.webdefteri.com
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 07:10:27 AM »
@piru:

I mean, there are at least several alternative machines, and customers have fredom of choise in game console market.

On the other hand, for personal computing %90 percent of machines are IBM competable PCs. It is nearly impossible to produce an alternative machine and make profit.

@pierre:

Sorry. I'm not a native English speaker and I know my English is not so good. And this was a quick job. That's why there can be spelling errors. I'll check them.

And this page is nothing to be taken serious.
Only Amiga Makes It Possible!

Offline seer

• Show only replies by seer
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 07:39:32 AM »
Let's see..
Sega failed..
3DO failed..
MS had a pretty hard time..

To make a new console that can compete with Sony/MS/Nintendo.. Well I guess it takes more money then designing/building the A1/Peg. At best OS4/MOS can be made to run on the P3 or X360 but even that doesn't look likely.

And this page is nothing to be taken serious.

And how does the casual web surfer know that ? He/she firsts reads this thread before he finds your page ?

Not that it really matters.. Any potential customer is most likely allready saw Amiga Incs website..
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~

Offline Jiffy

• Show only replies by Jiffy
    • http://clausewitz.nl
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 08:10:43 AM »
Ah. The gazillionth daydream of the 'ultimate up to date current Amiga'. Yawn.
Life sucks. Then you die. Then they throw mud in your face. Then you get eaten by worms. Be happy it happens in that order... My Amiga 1200

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 08:31:40 AM »
@zombi
I mean, there are at least several alternative machines, and customers have fredom of choise in game console market.

On the other hand, for personal computing %90 percent of machines are IBM competable PCs. It is nearly impossible to produce an alternative machine and make profit.

That doesn't mean that game console market would be any less competitive. On PC market they at least don't sell the HW with losses, but on game console market they do (the idea being that the sold games will balance the situation, and eventually generate profit, see XBOX).

It is much harder to make new game console than to make new PC design (be it regular PC or otherwise). You need something like resources of Microsoft and billions to back the program to make it happen... For the first 4 years, Microsoft made 4 billion USD losses, but eventually XBOX turned profitable. Now, I'd claim that you don't need to take 4 billion & 4 year losses with regular PC hardware or even some custom arch to make it even.

The game console market is VERY hard to get into, it's basically ruled by the three big ones now: Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft.

So again:
Why? I think it's a good idea. Because competition in game consol market is not as hard as personel computer market.

Because you don't have the 4 billion USD. Because you don't have the resources it takes.

Offline HellCoder

• Show only replies by HellCoder
    • http://elasticore.nl
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 10:11:20 AM »
Since we are all daydreaming.
A device that would combine the PSx, a DVD/HDTV, a WEB browser / computer and a music system would be great. Especially if it looks good too. Basicly it means a computer in a nice box. I'd love to see an Amiga logo on it though. But that's the dream about it.
  :lol:

Offline jarrody2k

• Show only replies by jarrody2k
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 02:35:38 PM »
I know! I know!

Let's invent awesome.  Put it in box form.  Call it Amiga!

Sell millions...

*dreams*

Jarrod

Offline Gojirax

• Show only replies by Gojirax
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 03:38:10 PM »
CD32 (And CDTV) would have dominated the market had there been proper financing and advertising. CD32 was Amiga's "iMac", but they couldn't pull it out in time.

Nice idea though. I like the idea of bundling joysticks, remote control and kb/mouse in one unit, integrating them seemlessly. (Even allowing you to run the computer with the remote or the joystick if you just wanted to do something simple.)

Some of that was the dream that Jim whatshisname from Gateway was looking towards when GW pulled the plug.

Offline redfox

• Show only replies by redfox
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 02:43:54 AM »
@zombi

Amiga07 :-D

I like it.  I don't see any problem with daydreaming.

---
redfox

Offline coldfish

• Show only replies by coldfish
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 03:37:28 AM »
There's nothing wrong with dreaming.
As a pisstake, this page is pretty good!

ps; What's with that rainbow effect? (shudder)