Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 3rd Kick Off 2 World Cup  (Read 1022 times)

Description:

Offline manicxTopic starter

• Show only replies by manicx
3rd Kick Off 2 World Cup
« on: November 12, 2003, 10:58:54 AM »
Well, the third Official KO2 world cup took place in Groningen, Holland. It was a great success. There were 32 participants from:

Greece
England
Norway
Germany
Holland
Italy
Spain

KO2 community was loyal for one more time and the event was even better than last year. Here's a few photos:

Quarter Finalists (I am 2nd from left)

The World Champion, Gianluca Troiano from Italy

The participants (youngest was 13 years old).

I will soon add a full review to the Kick Off Association website as well as videos of the semifinals and the final.

Next year, the WC will be held in Italy (probably in Milan) and it is estimated that nearly 50-60 participants will be there!!! This will make it one of the biggest European Amiga games competitions nowadays.

The place to be if you love Kick Off 2

Offline Coder

• Show only replies by Coder
    • http://www.amiga.nl
Re: 3rd Kick Off 2 World Cup
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 11:06:29 AM »
Hi.

Uut grun :-P

Wish I could have been there. Do you have also a place where you can leave the wifes/gf's? Like a beauty salon?

At least it was not someone from Germany that won, with like a goal in the 94th minute. ;-)

Coder
Check it out - I found the ass-end!

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 11:46:18 AM »
Well, women were left unattended in the Groningen city centre  :-D . They took it well though and we all spend the nights in local bars drinking beer until 3 o'clock in the morning.

You see, these events, are more than going to a computer room and play a game. It is also meeting new people, going to the pub (well men had the chance to visit other...places in Holland   :-D  ;-) ) and having a good laugh in general. I am in for all the fun, and this year's event was fantastic.

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 05:17:14 PM »
I thought the Kick Off series was okay, but when Sensible Soccer came out, that pretty much white washed it. I personally prefered the Speccy version of Kick Off - am i mad?
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 02:41:18 PM »
Yes you are. Sensi Soccer is good for the management mode, but as a 2-player game, it is very limited. It loses in detail movements and so on. KO2 on the other hand is a game that needs to be mastered. Our slogan back in the 90s was "God forgives, Dino is not"  ;-) !