Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut  (Read 8385 times)

Description:

Offline cinemawareTopic starter

• Show only replies by cinemaware
Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut
« on: August 10, 2012, 06:05:15 PM »
Hi there,

in the last days we talked about a big announcement and now its time. Today we start our Kickstarter Campaign for a HD-Edition of Wings. This Wings: Directors´s Cut will also have new levels and story element. Release, if this campaign is successfull, should be Feb. 2013 and will be released for PC(windows and mac, Tablets and mobile devices (Android and iOS).

Here the link to our campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-directors-cut

So please spread out the word for this campaign. Post it, tweet it, tell your grandma :)

Offline tommysammy

• Show only replies by tommysammy
Re: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 06:22:02 AM »
Quote from: cinemaware;702898
Hi there,

in the last days we talked about a big announcement and now its time. Today we start our Kickstarter Campaign for a HD-Edition of Wings. This Wings: Directors´s Cut will also have new levels and story element. Release, if this campaign is successfull, should be Feb. 2013 and will be released for PC(windows and mac, Tablets and mobile devices (Android and iOS).

Here the link to our campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-directors-cut

So please spread out the word for this campaign. Post it, tweet it, tell your grandma :)

Why no AmigaOS4.1 version?

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 06:35:34 AM »
Even that we have no developer for that, it's also that for a company its hard to develop for a plattform that is only used by a small group of people.

Offline recedent

• Show only replies by recedent
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 08:29:59 AM »
Well... Isn't it kinda cheeky to post at amigans forum and ask for a support for iOS/Android/PC version of your game?

Better tell us what would be the overall cost of a version for AmigaOS/MorphOS/AROS. Then open a kickstarter project for it and come back here to advertise it.

Offline ExiE_

• Show only replies by ExiE_
    • http://amiga.czex.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 09:03:39 AM »
Even though Wings was the game I loved and played several times on my Amiga (last time quite recently!), I consider this Kickstarter campaign as a fail and will avoid it. Cinemaware's representative is some young girl who probably wasn't even born yet in "real" Cinemaware days and in reality for the money is not asking Cinemaware but some (unknown to me) Raylight Studios...
Kickstarter campaign are all about trust, trust in product and in the company who should deliver it. Here I miss the trust in the developer...
Few days ago I saw great E3 2012 interview with Brian Fargo (developing Wastlands 2 throu Kickstarter campaign) about Kickstarter. You should watch it and learn from there Cinemaware!

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 09:22:30 AM »
Raylight Studios are the developers for Wings, but not the owner of Cinemaware. We decide to make the Promovideos for the Summer- and Kickstart Campaign with Sasha, because the original commercials and adds in print magazines got also women with ... extras :) So we believe the original cinemaware would make this kind of PR also today. Like Hollywood.

The Video was not paid by Raylight or another Publisher. But in the next days we will update the campaign with artworks, screens and so on.

Offline prowler

• Show only replies by prowler
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:53:38 AM »
I loved playing WIngs on my Amiga years back.

I will check out the kickstarter page and I can understand from a practical and a business point of view why a version for AmigaOS4 is not planned. Still it would be nice if the code could be open sourced and just leave the data files commercial, that way someone can port it at a later date could port it and you would get a sale since to play it, you would still need to purchase a copy of the game for its data files.

It's a shame you don't plan a Linux version.

The idea of playing the game again on newer Amiga hardware does cause feelings of nostalgia to well up. Damn it's dusty in this room all of a sudden.

Offline Plaz

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »
Quote from: cinemaware;702950
Even that we have no developer for that, it's also that for a company its hard to develop for a plattform that is only used by a small group of people.

Then perhaps consider making a license and source available in the future to one of the OS4 developers?

Plaz

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »
That's the greatest Cinemaware game ever and one of the best on Amiga!
Actually, i still prefer the Amiga screenshots from the remastered ones.
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 02:42:01 PM »
Oh please, Amiga is DEAD, OS4 has NOTHING to do with the machines Commodore designed, it is just a minority OS produced by some tiny company that is an evolution of the PPC kludge to run the original OS on REAL Amigas with PPC accelerators sold by third party manufacturers.

So it's not coming out for OS4/MOS, boo hoo. WHEN someone with serious price/performance technical savvy builds and OS4 compatible machine which has the performance of a $600 Intel i7 for the same price OR LESS then we can talk. Until then give them a break, if you don't want to fund it or interested in playing a game based on an Amiga game possibly with DirectX11 quality then please don't post in here.

There will be NO OS4 games and NO classic Amiga games, I assumed this even before opening the thread because I am sane and not suffering any delusional effects to my brain, to expect anything else is ridiculous. I can't even get help to program my textured 3D Buck Rogers remake to purchase a replacement A2000 1mb chipram motherboard FFS. Even if they made it for OS4 it would probably sell LESS copies than the only game ever produced for the Commodore C64 65816 based accelerator, and that would probably be at best.

They are posting here because people who liked the games may be interested,  I sure as hell would be interest in a remake of It Came from the Desert because it is an excellent game and the PC Engine CDROM version caused them to fold in the first place. How fitting to have that game remade with HD MKV video overlaid animated actors over 1080p gorgeous backdrops in 5.1 surround sound.

They already released ALL their games for FREE to the public, jeez what more do people want? There are many many publishers who would email you to have downloads of disk images for their Amiga games removed from your website you know.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 03:35:43 PM »
Another long dead company who's name has been bought and resold in and out of bankruptcy....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »
I'm going to support the Android port after all. It is cool to keep this great game alive. Android ports have been made for other amiga games like Battle Squadron so why not this Cinemaware masterpiece?

The only thing i do not agree with is the remastered graphics. Original graphics were great by the time and are still now admired as pixel art. Show them respect!
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
you say no os4/morphos.. then you make it for the niche market pc... where have you been?... the big marked today is ps3/x360, not pc's anymore...  and no ps3/x360 version in retail, then i just give a damn. pc are just for office work or home web surfing.

another thing is when you can do Android port you sure can do a psvita version to... another big market missed.

but jumping on an amiga forum and expect people falling all over because big cinemaware is back. is just expecting to much these days, its 2012 after all.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 05:01:31 PM by A1260 »

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;702975

So it's not coming out for OS4/MOS, boo hoo. WHEN someone with serious price/performance technical savvy builds and OS4 compatible machine which has the performance of a $600 Intel i7 for the same price OR LESS then we can talk. Until then give them a break, if you don't want to fund it or interested in playing a game based on an Amiga game possibly with DirectX11 quality then please don't post in here.

Never say never. Aquaria and Uplink were ported to MOS, so anything is possible. Besides, if Mac and android are targets, it won't be DirectX nothing :)

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 05:29:50 PM »
1%.. Wow they're on the way.......