Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wee,I just found an a500  (Read 890 times)

Description:

Offline elendilTopic starter

• Show only replies by elendil
    • http://www.idiot.fnuck.dk
Wee,I just found an a500
« on: July 26, 2004, 07:02:06 PM »
Complete in box with extra diskdrive, modulator and some mouse/joystick lengtheners.

Powered it up and it works just fine. So I figured I'd do a quick games download at back2roots.org, but they didn't have any good games (that I know of)... are there other sites with other titles? I'm looking for legal sites, obviously, but I just thought I saw lots of great titles at bttr some time ago. I mean where's superfrog, sensible soccer, cannon fodder and all those?

If someone could recommend some a500 games from bttr that would be cool too.

Thanks.

I don't understand why people throw out stuff like this...in original package and all. It has 1mb memory as well.

Sincerely,

-Kenneth Staarup.

Offline seer

• Show only replies by seer
Re: Wee,I just found an a500
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 07:32:35 PM »
but I just thought I saw lots of great titles at bttr some time ago. I mean where's superfrog, sensible soccer, cannon fodder and all those?

AFAIK, if they are not on BTTR then they are not abandonware, so those are a no-go..

There are plenty of other titles..

If you like shoot em ups, I always liked Denaris.. Tho it's called Katakis here and it's a bit different...
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 09:23:14 PM »
@seer

BTTR only has software that they have permission to have. I'm pretty sure they don't do "abandonware", only stuff that the copyright holders have given permission for.
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline seer

• Show only replies by seer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 09:34:44 PM »
Hm.. I thought BTTR went to the publisher asking if the title in question can be put on their site, to make sure it is abandoned (For me the term means not no longer copyrighted etc, but free for use and unsurported, not pirated games slapped on some site).

In any event, if you find a title on BTTR you can be pretty sure it is legal to download.
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~

Offline FastRobPlus

• Show only replies by FastRobPlus
    • http://bye
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 09:48:57 PM »
No. BTTR gets *explicit permission* from the original publisher and/or author.

I gave them permission for Links and WC Leader Board, the only two Amiga games I was authorized to okay.  
So if you wonder why no "Mean Streets", it is because that game was not developed or published by Access themselves.

Offline Orjan

• Show only replies by Orjan
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 09:50:45 PM »

BTTR does do that, but the software is not "abandonware"...

Abandonware is a loose term for older games/software which is no longer being sold, but the owner still has all the copyrights to it... So the game may be impossible to buy anywhere, but it is still illegal to copy/distribute it...
\\"Memory is like an orgasm. It\\\'s a lot better if you don\\\'t have to fake it.\\"
- Seymore Cray, on virtual memory.