Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to make Genesia to work on XP  (Read 5049 times)

Description:

Offline demiosTopic starter

• Show only replies by demios
How to make Genesia to work on XP
« on: October 26, 2003, 01:46:34 AM »
i have WINuae 0.8.2.2. 6, all rom's, terrible headache because i can't find a way to install WHDload on my WinXP and afterwards to install Genesia. If someone knows how to solv my problem, pleaseeeeeee let me know...tired and thankfull Peter.:huh:

Offline DoomMaster

• Show only replies by DoomMaster
Re: How to make Genesia to work on XP
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 01:57:50 AM »
- edited by mikeymike - utterly irrelevant and will only help digress into a useless discussion
[color=FF0033]1 Amiga 2500 / 040, 2 Amiga 2000HDs, Atari Mega4 ST, Pentium 4 PC, Macintosh SE[/color]

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 02:16:42 AM »
@Doomy

Stop being such a penis. For a start, the Windows version in use isn't even relevant! Secondly, Windows 2000 is much more secure and stable than 98SE.

Right, the only thing I can say is do you know if the game's copy protected? If it is you might have a problem installing it from anything other than the original disks, which you need a real Amiga to read. If it's not copy protected, it might be easier just to make ADF images of each disk and play it on UAE as if it were on floppy. IIRC you can tweak the floppy speed in UAE, so it hopefully won't be too frustrating.

Afraid I can't help you anymore, but that's better than spouting random crap, right Doomy?

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 02:22:52 AM »
Win98 can't make use of newer hardware anyway, so the point is moot. It was upgrade or die.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 04:40:28 AM »
First of all, Windows XP SUCKS !!!! Windows 98 Second Edition is the BEST Windows for home use and for playing games.

Yeah... XP sucks! But from my experience with games, then 2k is just as good if not even better than 98... 2k is much more stable than win98se and even xp also.. Only reason i see for using 98 over 2k is very old dos games... Nearly all newer windows games works perfectly fine on win2k  :-)

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 04:53:25 AM »

DoomMaster wrote:
First of all, Windows XP SUCKS !!!!  Windows 98 Second Edition is the BEST Windows for home use and for playing games.    I suggest that you re-format your hard disk and install Windows 98 Second Edition.  You will be glad that you did.  I have heard nothing but complaints from people using Windows XP.  Most of these people have went back to using Windows 98SE, 2000, or NT 4.0.     :-D
:lol:
this space for rent

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 10:17:48 AM »
Sorry DoomMaster Mr Kickstart 1.3 ibet you his windows XP beats your Amiga 20000000 PROFESSIONAL SUPER NASA SPACE COMPUTER PROBE WITH 10 LIGHTS!! Doomy! We Know Windows XP Sucks!

There aint no need to always point it out! But for some of us who dont have 25 amiga 2000's running at 7.15mhz, a 1 gig PC has to do.

Are you for real? Or do you just come here to p~#s everyone off?
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

Offline AmiGR

• Show only replies by AmiGR
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2003, 11:15:10 AM »
Just use Win2k... XP sucks, indeed:-)
- AMiGR

Evil, biased mod from hell.

Offline Mad-Matt

• Show only replies by Mad-Matt
    • http://www.madmatt.cjb.net
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2003, 11:36:38 AM »
Dont even think of Utilising Win2K. Its slow and far too memory hungry for its own good.  WindowsXP isthe way to go as it retains the speed of Win98 and more compatable with games then 2k.

sure XP looks like ####, which is why they included the windows classic interface to make it even faster and nicer ;)

now to the real point of the thread.  whdload should install just fine if youve setup a bootable Harddrive Workbench. Its probably best if you install it on a real Amiga and then simply trasfer the installed game over.

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2003, 12:42:17 PM »
Windows XP is okay as long as you have the system to run it and you configure it well. For goodness sake DONT get Windows 98! As this is buggy and crap! Choose either Windows 2000 or XP!
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline AmiGR

• Show only replies by AmiGR
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2003, 02:58:23 PM »
Win2k because:
You can make it as memory hungry or light as you wish, as you can stop ALL services...
It's *NOT* slow... I use them for years... They are FASTER than XP, whatever people may say...
It doesn't "decide" that your settings suck and replace them with it's own autoconfigurated crap...
That last thing irritated me A LOT while I was setting
up a school network... Reboot and WinXP would
change the API and gateways to it's own network
crap, that worked between the WinXP machines but
not with the manually setup Win2k and Linux servers...
- AMiGR

Evil, biased mod from hell.

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2003, 03:10:52 PM »
Ok guys, here are the rules of this thread:

- No insulting DoomMaster, even if you do come out with exceptionally funny things to say.

- No "this version of Windows is better than that".  It's been done to extinction and I really can't be bothered to hear you all go over your experiences that turn into gospel because you think so.

- I'm having a bad day.  Give me a break.

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2003, 10:11:17 PM »
As Mickey said no point discussing Wins.
I managed to setup winUAE so I can see the "hand"
/w floppy disk showing the Workbench 1.3, afterwards instead of kick 1.3 I put in 3.1 and it showed me disk goin' into DF0 or smtng like that and said 3.1 ROM 40.063. So what do i do now ?
Guys honestly, can someone tell me each step how to install damn game? Then I will be able to make other HD games work on my XP. Tnx ;-)

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2003, 10:30:31 PM »
U might use this info whilst helpin' me. I got new R9 version of WinUAE.
I set RAM (chp:2, fast:2, slow:1), CHIPSET (full ECS, fast copper, sprites & sprites vs. Playfield), HD properites (D:\Amiga\DH0.hdf, device: HD0, surfaces:1, reserved:2, sectors:32, boot pri.:0, block size 512, R/W,100 mb), DF0: kick31.zip ! The other things are set to default.  :-)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2003, 10:35:08 PM »

demios wrote:
U might use this info whilst helpin' me. I got new R9 version of WinUAE.
I set RAM (chp:2, fast:2, slow:1), CHIPSET (full ECS, fast copper, sprites & sprites vs. Playfield), HD properites (D:\Amiga\DH0.hdf, device: HD0, surfaces:1, reserved:2, sectors:32, boot pri.:0, block size 512, R/W,100 mb), DF0: kick31.zip ! The other things are set to default.  :-)

I suggest you use the "File System" Hard drive rather than a Hardfile. (This is done by clicking the add directory button)

That way you can just use windows to copy files you download into the Amiga (UAE)  harddrive.