Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How Wayne = Laser?  (Read 2247 times)

Description:

Offline Bamiga2002Topic starter

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
CD32
A500

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: How Wayne = Laser?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 12:33:20 AM »
They are different people, but the site is old enough to have a lot of legacy data problems. For example, during the move to vBulletin, a lot of old pruned accounts ended up getting their old posts reassigned to the site admin, which was Wayne, rather than to some appropriately configured "anonymous" or similar account id.

There were a number of incidents in the xoops days where the database got messed up one way or another. I can recall a period when at least a weeks worth of content was lost all together as the database had to be rolled back.
int p; // A

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 06:04:08 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;701391
They are different people, but the site is old enough to have a lot of legacy data problems. For example, during the move to vBulletin, a lot of old pruned accounts ended up getting their old posts reassigned to the site admin, which was Wayne, rather than to some appropriately configured "anonymous" or similar account id.

There were a number of incidents in the xoops days where the database got messed up one way or another. I can recall a period when at least a weeks worth of content was lost all together as the database had to be rolled back.

Hi,

Wouldn't have anything to do with you running the boards?

Now would it.

I mean the mess ups?

Hi, Karlos,

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
Quote from: smerf;701404
Hi,

Wouldn't have anything to do with you running the boards?

Nope. Principally because I don't run them and never have.

Many of the data issues are from the xoops days, right back to the initial move from the original forum software (can't remember now if it was PHPNuke or PHPBB or even something else) and subsequent upgrades. I wasn't even a member back then, so definitely not guilty :razz:

When the site moved to vBulletin, I helped out with migrating a lot of old news, the gallery, polls and so on, but the core import of users and posts was all down to vBulletin itself. So, not guilty there, either.

Now, be a good troll, and get on with using your MacOSX machine. I know you really use one (apache said so), despite your claims you hate them and constant sullying of my good name by alleged usage of same... :biglaugh:
(only kidding, btw. You really use IE7, right? Also, I don't have direct access to the server logs, but meh)

:razz:
int p; // A

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 11:45:28 PM »
@Karlos,

Oh God,

I don't believe I have sunk so low as to own a Mac, but it was cheap, only $10 at a yard sale, I had to have it to see how MorphOS really was, then I made the ultimate mistake, I erased the OS X operating system for, for, well you know. Now I have an old computer that is worthless.

but,

It does the internet, and plays youtube for 30 minutes.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better