Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: for the record  (Read 6906 times)

Description:

Offline kickstartTopic starter

• Show only replies by kickstart
Re: for the record
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 02:00:25 AM »
@eliyahu

Your PMs dont say the same... but ok, is like talk with a table, if want to have the reason its your lucky day.

Moderation on this forums always fault but with this new wave is worst than ever, close the thread, edit it, ban me, put and infraction... if need it =)
a1200 060

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 02:03:45 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;773627
@eliyahu

Your PMs dont say the same... but ok, is like talk with a table, if want to have the reason its your lucky day.

Moderation on this forums always fault but with this new wave is worst than ever, close the thread, edit it, ban me, put and infraction... if need it =)

I will look into the infraction problem tomorrow.
Just calm down, you keep making things into something they are not.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline kjmann

• Amiga Enthusiest
    • Show only replies by kjmann
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 03:17:07 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;773609
@kjmann

Haywirepc just say an opinion and is on a.org enought time to give opinions, you are a new user and a moderator, can you moderate opinions of the people?

And please forget the old piracy chat, all of us are expert users of xcopy.

LOL. That's funny. I have been an Amiga user since 1989. I have reading the A.org forums for several years, but Never needed to jump in to a conversation before, hence I only made an account shortly before becoming a moderator.

I was given moderator status because of my knowledge for Amiga software and hardware and that fact that I wont put up with trolls like you.

grow a spine and deal with the fact that people are not going to always see things your way. you do a lot of complaining and haywirepc just likes to twist the truth to fit his version of the information at hand.

as for the piracy comment, it's not surprising to me that you know how to use XCopy very well. people like you just copy what you want when you want it. I payed for every game that I have. can you make the same claim?
Systems:
A500 (Originally purchased new 1989) - 3.1 ROM, 2meg Chip, 68k cpu
A500+ 3.1 ROM, 2meg Chip, 8meg Fast, 68EC020 @ 28mhz, CF Slot, SD Slot. (Classic 520 accelerator board)

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 05:57:26 AM »
HO

LY

CRAP!

I can't leave you all alone for a minute can I?

First off the fact that you, Kickstart, keep challenging moderator decissions is not just an infraction, but a complete lack of respect for the rules.  Forget other mods, I'm going to review EVERY post you've made in the last three months and give you an infraction point for EACH time you've crossed the line WITH an expination.  You'll also get a weeks susspention for each infraction.

Haywire, the owners of the site are are held legally reponsable for everything posted.  They have to make sure things are not just on the up and up but kept clear away from the grey areas including copy write infingment and pirating.

You all are grown ups!  Why does this have to happen?  There are rules!  There is also a thing called  common curtisy.  Why must these escalted comments and empty ended threats be the point dissagreements end in?

The mods are resonable and willing to work things out but not when you disrespect them and the site owners.

I'm only going to say this once.  Play nice or leave!
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 06:23:40 AM »
Quote from: J-Golden;773636
You all are grown ups!  Why does this have to happen?  There are rules!  There is also a thing called  common curtisy.  Why must these escalted comments and empty ended threats be the point dissagreements end in?
The reason this has happened is extremely simple: we've seen around half a dozen threads closed in the last week-and-change utterly without comment from any of the moderators, several of which were not for any immediately apparent reason and which could be interpreted (depending on your angle) as putting the personal interests of the site owner over the actual purpose of the community. That's not to say that that was the case, or that there weren't valid reasons at play, but this fly-by-night lock-without-comment thing does not inspire confidence in us mere mortals, and invites speculation.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 07:19:56 AM »
What facts did I twist or pervert? Thats more ridiculousness.

What about Phoenixconsole's news items getting deleted? His work does not violate anything... Its pd and open source. I like seeing his news and progress, so do most people interested in AMIGA. They are relevant and should be allowed here. (as should any amiga news related item or progress update on any amiga related project)

I'm glad I am not the only one noticing all the deleted, locked and edited threads lately.  And yes, these things happening without comment invites speculation.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 01:58:10 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;773595

it runs amiga os, it runs amiga software, I don't think anyone would have a problem with him calling that an amiga mini.

The guy was selling pirated software. No matter what you think about copyright or 'abandonware' in general - people selling pirated content have always been called names. I don't get why this kind of behaviour is suddenly tolerated or even described as somehow benign to the community.

On top of that: he got one warning, which he completely ignored. His thread was locked and he opened a new one with the exact same wording. That's the kind of user you certainly do not want in a decent forum.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 02:22:15 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;773637
which could be interpreted (depending on your angle) as putting the personal interests of the site owner over the actual purpose of the community.

Can you list a few examples? I'm reluctant to accept phoenixkonsole's famous "deleted news item" as evidence, simply because most of his news items are about as relevant and realistic as your average DiscreetFX press release.

The only other case I know is my news item about the Amiga-News WinUAE PPC poll which had been posted but the thread was closed from the beginning. But that's not "half a dozen threads".

That said: This place has been run like that for a decade and a half - I recently saw Wayne Hunt finally admitting on whyzzat that he was just trying to cash out in the later years - so I'm not sure why I still bother.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 02:54:55 PM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;773664
The only other case I know is my news item about the Amiga-News WinUAE PPC poll which had been posted but the thread was closed from the beginning. But that's not "half a dozen threads".
hmmm. i approved that thread, so not sure why it's closed. anyway -- i just reopened it. :)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 03:01:41 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;773642
What about Phoenixconsole's news items getting deleted? His work does not violate anything... Its pd and open source. I like seeing his news and progress, so do most people interested in AMIGA. They are relevant and should be allowed here. (as should any amiga news related item or progress update on any amiga related project)

I'm glad I am not the only one noticing all the deleted, locked and edited threads lately.  And yes, these things happening without comment invites speculation.
i can't speak for everyone else, but if someone submits a news item that isn't actually news, i always make sure that it is at least turned into a regular thread. i almost always approve news items; that said there was one that phoenixconsole submitted that i didn't approve because it was an announcement of a coming announcement, but i did make sure it was posted as a normal thread.

i also make sure that before i edit, i warn. and before i lock, i explain that i did and why. that's probably good practice and i think the other mods do similarly, but thanks for bringing it up. i'll go and do a search and see if i can find some examples. if you can point me to some, that would help, too.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline kickstartTopic starter

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 03:46:09 PM »
@kjmann

@j-golden

Lack of respect for the rules? I dont see any unrespect of the users that have threads closed, edited or something, and yes... on a normal situation a moderator must give reason for delete, close or edit a thread/post.

Example... the first post i wrote asking for Cammy was deleted by no one knows.

But your next answers will be similar to other answers, then stop this, is getting bored to talk with people who cannot handle errors

If some moderators read opinions and the moderators answer contais the word "troll"... no solution.
a1200 060

Offline amigakit

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
@Kickstart

Regarding the Cammy thread:

I have already explained the reasons for it being unapproved and locked, here it is again:
That thread was closed from public consumption because a few concerned members here pointed out that it was a discussion of private personal matters without Cammy being present and volunteering that information. I agreed with that view point because I considered that I would not want details of my private life discussed or viewed by other people on a public forum without first giving my permission or providing that information first hand for all to read.

I hope this clarifies the intention behind the action.

One of the problems was that thread had personal sensitive information in it, once you unapprove it from view, only the moderators can see it and not the general users.  Of course before I unapproved it, I entered the reasons for doing it.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline amigakit

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 04:16:44 PM »
On the subject of possible pirate items being offered for sale here:

This is a reputable community forum.  There are users here who may buy items on the basis of community discussion unaware that the item maybe unlicenced or pirated.  The actual owners of licences may take action if they can see no moderation of such actions.

In short, we have a duty to our members to ensure Amiga.org stays a reputable website.  The events of last week were clearly explained by the moderator at the time: once the threads in question were cleared as having legitimate product for sale, then they would be unlocked.  To date we have received no such information.

Offline number6

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »
Quote from: kjmann;773632
I only made an account shortly before becoming a moderator.

I was given moderator status

I don't see the green color highlight for your nick that indicates moderator in the "online" users list. It shows here as black. Actually it's also supposed to show in posts, and I can see it IS working for Eliyahu, who was logged in when I checked.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:34:34 PM by number6 »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 05:46:56 PM »
deleting user posts have become rather common practice here it seems. i dont even bother to react when i see that a post i had just made have been removed without warning or notice let alone addressed by a comment.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #29 from previous page: September 22, 2014, 05:53:42 PM »
@wawrzon

If that happens then pmail a moderator querying it.  I have not noticed it or had anyone bring it to my attention.