Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Project Metropolis Now Available for AmigaOS 4.x, MorphOS 2.x, AROS & Classic Amiga  (Read 5644 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Project Metropolis Now Available for Amiga OS 4.x, MorphOS 2.x, AROS & Classic Am
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 08, 2011, 01:04:06 AM »
DiscreetFX should know by now that this group is very hard to please and setting up this kind of online app store, without doing the required research and work to make it smoother and better than Apple's App Store, would generate a lot of criticism, and/or complaints.

The idea is generally one that is appreciated by most, but the implementation appears to need some work to satisfy this crowd.

Funny how almost every new Amiga related endeavor gets met with either wild fanatic support, or harsh criticism, or both, but not much feedback that is between these two opposite poles.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Fransexy_

• Show only replies by Fransexy_
Quote from: Pyromania;643354
Maybe we were wrong to not have a client app for the launch of Project Metropolis. If that proves to be the case as time goes on then we will make one. It would have to be for six operating systems.

Perhaps I have been a bit harsh but I expected something along the lines of this (maybe in the future you have to steering it to something like that). And yes a Client app is a good idea also
DON\'T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY AFTER ALL NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE OF IT

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
@Fransexy

Thanx for your suggestions, we appricate the feedback.

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Two questions:

1) The fee to sell on the site is for one app or is it the ability to sell multipule programs?  IE, If I make a video player and a game, will I need to buy two licences to sell them?

2) Are you going to impliment a user database/login system?  If so, PLEASE incorperate a "Wish list" that is easily (simple link) distributed or posted on facebook or the like.

My biggest gripe with GOG.COM right now is that I'm stuck in Iraq and my birthday is right around the corner and it requiers jumoing through hoops to let people know what I want from them.

Postage takes forever, I have very limited space and Id have to mail it home after deployment.  An awesome, downloadable game would have been the perfect gift for the situation...:madashell:

Ahem, okay, now that I got that out of my system.  The WishList idea may seem odd since your store is more geared towards proffesional programs, but I've seem others that run sites put up wish lists that members could buy for the operator to show appreciation.  PLUS!  It's free advertisment. ;)

I have said too much...:lol:

GOOD LUCK!!!
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Changed my mind; more to say ;)

1) Layout - System Selection.  Maybe a drop down menu to choose what system you're buying for.  The way things are now everything is clumped together and you have to search for the system requirements.

2) Layout - Categories.  (Just like 1)  I'm really excited that this will be more than just A/V programs, but once other software developers add their wares, being able to do a "AOS 3.X --> Games (or) MOS --> word processing" would help immensely!  Having something like this implemented BEFORE the software shows up would, I think, help you all from having a headache afterwards.

3) Layout - Presentation.  Create a uniform presentation for listed items pages.  Maybe it is just me, but the column system you have going is confusing and doesn't flow well.  Left-to-right displays would flow much better and could even give more precise categories.  A good example of this is the way Aminet is setup…

:( Sigh, I feel like I just beat up my best friend the way I "ripped" into your new site.  But I put these things out because I've either seen the issues they cause on other sites or feel they would help contribute to a smoother, faster transaction.

You guys at DiscreetFX rock and I hope this new site takes off for you and the communities!

Thanks again!
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
I have to say I'm a little disappointed, again it not that I dont appreciate the effort and the idea but I too felt it was going to be a download client a bit like Steam or iTunes ok I completely understand them company have X amount more money and more reason to have such programs but this is a little basic and I only say that because if I wanted to I could set up a similar web site in a few hours (admittedly no content to sell) but just expected something a bit more (and dont hit me Amiga users) Apple like or Android like.

(just did this very quickly to show you a idea of where it could go)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:14:49 AM by AmigaNG »

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
@ J-Golden @AmigaNG

Thanx for the feedback, it is really appreciated. We use it to improve what we do at DiscreetFX.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:18:51 PM by Pyromania »