Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BestWB vs ClassicWB  (Read 9516 times)

Description:

Offline pjaro77Topic starter

• Show only replies by pjaro77
BestWB vs ClassicWB
« on: November 30, 2018, 03:16:57 PM »
Did someone try BestWB and ClassicWB with OS 3.1.4 ?
Can you compare this two ? Which is more usable  ?

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: BestWB vs ClassicWB
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 03:49:02 PM »
This strongly depends on your Amiga and its horsepowers.

BestWB is a beefed up classic Workbench, mildly enhanced. ClassicWB is more over the edge, more demanding.

Offline pjaro77Topic starter

• Show only replies by pjaro77
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 05:14:59 PM »
ClassicWB - I mean ADVSP version. My Amiga 1200 contains turbocard ACA1232 030 33MHz, 128Mb RAM.

Offline jltursan

• Show only replies by jltursan
    • https://sites.google.com/site/msxpage/
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 10:00:38 AM »
ClassicWB is, IMHO, a little bloated: lots of extras that you probably don't want, too many tools with the same features, ScalOS as a desktop replacement,...
BetterWB works like the usual service pack you're used to find in other OS, it updates lots of things and installs some nice tools. It also has a "new" and revamped look for the classic WB 3.1. Having no extras, it's lighter than ClassicWB.

All in all, ClassicWB is a great all-in-one package; but if you want the basics and build your own system from there, try BetterWB.

Offline 10MARC

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 05:40:13 PM »
I really appreciate the sleekness of BestWB - Simple and non intrusive. A lot of it is personal choice. I have been using it a lot, and I am doing a series on BestWB  enhancements over the next two weeks on Youtube. Come to think of it, once I finish that series I think I will do one on ClassicWB too...

Offline gary2000

• Show only replies by gary2000
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 02:42:03 PM »
ClassicWB - I mean ADVSP version. My Amiga 1200 contains turbocard ACA1232 030 33MHz, 128Mb RAM.

This is what I use, as it is full of features and does not consume too many resources.

I wish everything in 3.1.4 could be rolled up and released in an official full-featured package such as this.

Offline AdvancedFollower

• Show only replies by AdvancedFollower
    • https://roughlyit.hopto.org/
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 10:46:40 AM »
Never liked ScalOS so I've been using ClassicWB Lite. Currently trying to switch to BestWB+3.1.4 though. It feels more up to date (whether or not that matters for a platform that died 25 years ago is debatable...).

Offline 10MARC

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 05:47:54 AM »
I just finished up my video review/overview of BestWB on 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast. I really enjoy a lot of the features, and keep finding new ones! Take a look at the video if you have a chance. I will to a series on ClassicWB in January.
https://youtu.be/7mSHLHynyF8