Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Visiting Amigakit  (Read 10251 times)

Description:

Offline Daedalus

• Show only replies by Daedalus
    • http://www.robthenerd.com
Re: Visiting Amigakit
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 02, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;669821
That link goes back to the main menu.

Yeah, the Amiga Hardware site uses frames which makes it terribly difficult to bookmark or share links. Old school ;)

Great report, good to hear they're doing well! I've only ever bought smaller stuff from them, but have always had a good experience in my dealings with them...
Engineers do it with precision
--
http://www.robthenerd.com

Offline DarrinTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
Here's some other things I've bought:

Now I need another suitcase to take the stuff back that I came over with.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline crawff

• Show only replies by crawff
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 04:48:39 PM »
Mmmm...Marmite :-)

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2011, 05:32:52 PM »
Marmite = dirt!

Offline TheDaddy

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »
Quote from: djrikki;669880
Going back to Jeremy Clarkson's comments once again and the strikes again, this is purely my opinion of course, but the following group of workers in the public sector are ALL overpaid from what I see.

* Teachers, great pay, great pension, great hours, nice long holiday in the summer - DESERVE PAYCUTS, long overdue
* Nurses and Doctors, great pay, long hours, no holidays - LESS DESERVING OF A PAYCUT
* Police - great pay, great pension, long unsocial working hours at times, unless your a pen pusher, holidays like the rest of us - LESS DESERVING OF A PAYCUT
* Fireman - great pay, great pension, they hardly do any real work sat all day in the station, DESERVE PAYCUTS more then all the above
* Politicians - great pay, great benefits and allowances, great pension, they hardly do any real work, they have a massive summer holiday - DESERVE A BIG PAYCUT
* Higher tiers of council, management positions - great pay, job for life, great benefits, possibily pension plans, mostly paper work/bureaucracy, holidays - DESERVE A BIG PAYCUT

In short vast swathes of the public sector need reforming to bring salaries in-line with the private sector.

The thing is wherever you go the people at the top will always screw the ones at the bottom, it happens in the private and public sector.