Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology and AmigaKit Buys Amigaworld.net  (Read 1738 times)

Description:

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: A-EON Technology and AmigaKit Buys Amigaworld.net
« Reply #74 from previous page: October 28, 2014, 09:17:12 PM »
See?!?!?!

Guys, if you see me posting about "settling down" or anything like that, you should really REALLY do it.  I'm trying to keep people from going too far so we mods DON'T have to hand out infractions...
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2014, 09:37:05 PM »
I wish some of the folks who cry about "heavy handed moderation" would go try out AmiBay.  And I like that site!  But some of the rules are crazy.  Have fun!  ;)

...you know, for an amusing Google search, put in "heavy handed moderation".  The list of sites with users complaining about it ranges from one of my personal favorites, ubuntuforums.org, all the way to "spanishdict.com".  Seems this has been a complaint since the beginning of the Interwebs.  Maybe people who don't like it could always just turn off their computers and go outside!  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2014, 09:39:56 PM »
@Terminillis: If we got technical then most of the members would have one kind of infraction on them or another.

People are more then capable to voice their opinion without being demeaning, crass, vengeful, etc.  It is when they choose to voice their minds in these negative ways that we step in.  Sometimes it is before actual TOS rules are crossed becuase we try to steer people away from crossing that line.  But ultimately it is up to the member to decide if he/she wants to be civil.  And it is when they choose not to be civil that we take appropriate action.

Oh, and your little slam about how Mods should be the first to clean up their rudeness is a libelous, generalized snipe of a statement that breaks TOS.

To generalize all the mods as being the same and rude is in itself very rude.  In fact I would go so far as to say you took that quote and totally validated the posters feelings by using it in your reply.
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline crawff

• Show only replies by crawff
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2014, 11:19:29 PM »
This is all crazy, absolute madness.

What is point of banning/editing/deleting everyones personal views???

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2014, 11:27:21 PM »
Quote from: crawff;776011
This is all crazy, absolute madness.

What is point of banning/editing/deleting everyones personal views???
*sigh*

no one deletes or edits people's personal views. please re-read my post for what gets moderated and why.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Shamron

• Show only replies by Shamron
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
Quote from: kolla;775778
I miss ann.lu, sigh :)

I SOO Second that. :-P

And cu amiga, and awd, and... well, we have the future to look to. and my soon to become Amiga X1000 :-)

Offline James2002

• Show only replies by James2002
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2014, 02:03:19 AM »
Sadly some people want to jump to conclusions. They waste their time judging A-EON Technology, Amigakit, and the moderators.

I have seen nothing wrong with the moderators. They nice people from what I have seen so far. Don't forget without a Tech this forum would not be running smooth.

People need to realize that without moderators there would be chaos on the forums. They keep people in line.

Rules are rules. The rules are there to make the forum run as smooth as possible. It better to think about what your saying than to cause problems.

I have walked a mile in their shoes. I was board-member (same as a moderator. I could edit post. Also had to watch the forums.) on a gaming site that died a couple years after I step down. I help out on another gaming site as super moderator from Jan to March. (real life happened.) I was lucky not to have to give any infractions during that time. It was a very challenging job.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:34:32 AM by James2002 »

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2014, 09:17:20 AM »
If the tone and intent apply to members who post, should it not apply to all?  An angry post with inflammatory rhetoric is wrong regardless whether the writer is a member or someone else, or is this not correct?

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2014, 12:54:48 PM »
Quote from: danbeaver;776062
If the tone and intent apply to members who post, should it not apply to all?  An angry post with inflammatory rhetoric is wrong regardless whether the writer is a member or someone else, or is this not correct?
you're correct. the rules apply to all posters.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2014, 05:35:31 PM »
What really surprises me is that most users are 30+ years. Moderation should not really be an issue among adults.

Offline TeamBlackFox

• Master SPARC
    • Show only replies by TeamBlackFox
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2014, 01:09:49 AM »
Considering I'm below the median age of Amiga users ( I'm in my mid-20s, and didn't know about it till around 2005 or so when I was still a teen ) and I generally act with a general politeness, I would expect people older than me to do the same. Yssing brings up a good point.
After many years in the Amiga community I have decided to leave the Amiga community permanently. If you have a question about SGI or Sun computers please PM me and I will return your contact as soon as I can.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2014, 01:15:21 AM »
Actually for the last few weeks, the majority of Amiga.org discussions have been good and I have enjoyed reading the lots of friendly Amiga threads, as it should be, and long may it continue :)
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2014, 04:12:32 AM »
Quote from: TeamBlackFox;776134
Considering I'm below the median age of Amiga users ( I'm in my mid-20s, and didn't know about it till around 2005 or so when I was still a teen ) and I generally act with a general politeness, I would expect people older than me to do the same. Yssing brings up a good point.

Oops!  I started a programming class in High School in 1974 using punch cards; maybe that is why I need to shut the fornicate up?

Offline TrevorDick

• Amiga Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by TrevorDick
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2014, 04:23:51 AM »
Quote from: danbeaver;776351
Oops!  I started a programming class in High School in 1974 using punch cards

Oh, so you are just a mere youngster? ;-)

Ah punchcards, I remember them well.

TrevorD
Supporting all Amiga flavours

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
Too young to remember punch cards but old enough to know the origin of "Bug in the system". :roflmao:

WWBD?