Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga games wanted  (Read 1248 times)

Description:

Offline steve_uktvTopic starter

• Show only replies by steve_uktv
Amiga games wanted
« on: May 23, 2005, 01:18:42 AM »
I have recently got  an A1200  and needless to say i have not got many games or software for it!!
I am well aware of files on aminet and  how to  adf files  etc etc but  cannot  get hold of  a  copy of  Sensible soccer that will work on an AGA  machine.
Anyone out there  who can supply me with software ...of course will pay for your troubles ...plz  mail me  on steve_uktv@hotmail.com  and i will return  reply.

(p.s floppies only dont want to null modem any cables)

thx  in anticipation

:))))

Offline SarahLB

• Show only replies by SarahLB
Re: Amiga games wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:52:23 PM »
Have you tried Ebay?  Or www.retro-games.co.uk?  You could try Sintech, they are a German based company, the website is www.sintech.de but you could just email them at sintech@online.de they will reply ASAP and tell you if they have Sensible Soccer!  If I ever come across it amongst all my stuff I will let you know! :-)

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 11:05:09 PM »
Curiousity... :kitty:

Is the word "soccer" recognized as meaning "football" all over the world, so European sports games can carry that word in their names and not confuse anyone? Is the American dialect that far reaching?
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 11:22:39 AM »

steve_uktv wrote:
I am well aware of files on aminet and  how to  adf files  etc etc but  cannot  get hold of  a  copy of  Sensible soccer that will work on an AGA  machine.
Have you already tried booting the machine in ECS/OCS mode? (IIRC with both mousebuttons klicking simultaniously during startup, the system will start in the bios menu, where you can select AGA/OCS/ECS)
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 11:38:57 AM »

weirdami wrote:
Curiousity... :kitty:

Is the word "soccer" recognized as meaning "football" all over the world, so European sports games can carry that word in their names and not confuse anyone? Is the American dialect that far reaching?

'Sensible football' would not have the same ring, would it?

Anyway, I heard 'soccer' is a corruption of 'Association'. Anyone got a good dictionary and can verify this?

In the UK, 'soccer' is known, by its full name, as 'Association Football'. In other words I think it is originally a British word.
We also have 'Rugby Football', which is usually just known as 'Rugby'.

I like Amigas

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 10:38:54 PM »
I'll say something that most Amiga game fans will hate me for, but I find I get on much better with the modern footy games on the consoles, like FIFA, Pro Evolution/ISS etc
I like Amigas