Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Game: Voxelnoid (AmigaOS4 and MorphOS)  (Read 2933 times)

Description:

Offline YasuTopic starter

• Show only replies by Yasu
New Game: Voxelnoid (AmigaOS4 and MorphOS)
« on: October 04, 2014, 11:27:15 PM »
Cherry Darling, the creators of Ace of Hearts and Voxel Bird Saga has released a new game for AmigaOS 4 and MorphOS (among others): Voxelnoid.

Voxelnoid is a breakout clone with a twist. For each block you destroy, the debris becomes a laser powerup when your ball(s) touches them. 1 player or 2 player mode, online high score and Facebook sharing.

The game is free, but donations are welcome.

http://cherry-darling.net/voxelnoid

Offline Gulliver

Re: New Game: Voxelnoid
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 01:54:07 AM »
This game is not available for Amigas, only MorphOS and OS4 :(

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 01:18:10 PM »
It would be too demanding for classic Amigas anyway with all the voxels.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 01:29:11 PM »
Quote from: Yasu;774506
It would be too demanding for classic Amigas anyway with all the voxels.

Really? There is emulation and there will be new accellerators soon based on FPGA. For me that is a weak excuse. The truth is more simple. There are no versions for both Aros and 68k. Some of the "NG" developers do not own Aros and are not interested in it and look at 68k as a old retro platform and are not interested to support it. Nothing to do with hardware or technical features.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:37:41 PM by OlafS3 »

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 03:45:58 PM »
And Foundation won't run on a stock A1000. My goodness, if we can't accept the fact that some games require higher-spec'ed hardware, can we at least acknowledge it?

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 04:02:23 PM »
Quote from: Matt_H;774511
And Foundation won't run on a stock A1000. My goodness, if we can't accept the fact that some games require higher-spec'ed hardware, can we at least acknowledge it?

Really? A game does not run on a stock A1000? What a shock!

Even in the old times there were games who required more ram, accellerator and partly even graphic card. So what?

I still think there is no real excuse not to support the majority of users. And because 68k is "too slow" is the badest excuse.

And besides if you look at the games, all are for AmigaOS and MorphOS but none for Aros. Aros is too slow too?

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 05:53:57 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;774514

And besides if you look at the games, all are for AmigaOS and MorphOS but none for Aros. Aros is too slow too?

No. The reason is that they don't have a working cross compiler. The only reason Ace of Hearts, Voxelbird and Voxelnoid exist on MorphOS is because I searched and found a working cross compiler for them. Maybe if you ask them to port to AROS and show point them to a working compiler they will. Asking politely actually works :)

As for 68k, well, the programmer told me that it might work for a PPC equipped classic Amiga as well. But I doubt "even" a 060 @ 66 MHz would be enjoyable.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 05:59:42 PM »
Quote from: Yasu;774518
No. The reason is that they don't have a working cross compiler. The only reason Ace of Hearts, Voxelbird and Voxelnoid exist on MorphOS is because I searched and found a working cross compiler for them. Maybe if you ask them to port to AROS and show point them to a working compiler they will. Asking politely actually works :)

As for 68k, well, the programmer told me that it might work for a PPC equipped classic Amiga as well. But I doubt "even" a 060 @ 66 MHz would be enjoyable.

A crosscompiler? Do they not use GNU?

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 06:48:06 PM »
What a pointless argument. There are Amigas and AOS4/MorphOs/Aros machines. Both sides have to accept that not all software for one platform will be available natively or at all on the other platform.

You can't directly port software that's optimized for Amiga hardware to AOS4/MorphOs/Aros machines, and you can't directly port software that's intended for AOS4/MorphOs/Aros machines to Amiga hardware and expect it to work even remotely well or at all.

It's like complaining that your 68k Mac can't run OSX software: It's pointless.

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 07:12:39 PM »
I was excited to try something new out... but sad days, I don't have an OS4 or MorphOS system.  Shouldn't the topic be: [OS4/Morph] New Game: Voxelnoid

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 07:44:07 PM »
@slaapliedje

good idea. i'll do that now...

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline BSzili

• Show only replies by BSzili
    • http://bszili.morphos.me
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 08:01:15 PM »
Quote from: Yasu;774518
For linux AROS cross compilers can be built from the source tree: http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=84125
AROS-Archives has a separate section for ready to use cross-compilers: http://archives.aros-exec.org/index.php?function=browse&cat=development/cross
AmiDevC++ comes cygwin cross compilers for various systems in usr/local/amiga.
This is just like television, only you can see much further.

Offline saimon69

• Show only replies by saimon69
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »
@Bszili

Plus they could use the store of Pascal to sell it if interested oince done...

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 08:30:41 PM »
@BSzili

I'm no programmer, but I know that they use a cross compiler in Windows to save time and effort. So if there is a way to add AROS to their system I've been told that they have no objection to an AROS port.

And remember, these guys are doing all this hard work for free, in their spare time. So show some appriciation ;)

Offline BSzili

• Show only replies by BSzili
    • http://bszili.morphos.me
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 08:41:46 PM »
The cygwin and mingw cross compilers are for windows.
This is just like television, only you can see much further.