Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So what phone does everyone use?  (Read 11961 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
Re: So what phone does everyone use?
« Reply #74 from previous page: March 25, 2011, 02:11:41 AM »
I've had a phone form all three big carriers at one time or another, or at least a sim card from them.  I always end up back with vodafone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2011, 02:17:18 AM »
Quote from: persia;624435
I've had a phone form all three big carriers at one time or another, or at least a sim card from them.  I always end up back with vodafone.

Hi,

I also had a phone from all three carriers once, the USS Independence, USS America, and the USS Nimitz, didn't need a SIM card on any of them to use but I always ended up with MA Bell at the end of the cruise.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2011, 02:26:55 AM »
Quote from: Franko;624312
This is not aimed at you personally, it's just my views on these gawd awful device and the effect they've had on society... :(

While i see why you use one from your post, to me that just sums up society today and the lack of real communication between people these days... :(

Im mean in 47 years I've never got so lost that I would need something like GPS just to find my way home or to a destination where I was heading... :)

Why folk feel the urge to be on the internet when they're out and about or in others company is beyond belief and just plain ignorant... :(

Playing games on a train or plain journeys or any kind of transport where there are other human beings around you to talk to and interact with is again a sad reflection on society these days and just adding to the ever increasing spiral of a society where folk would be better of just staying at home on their own and never venturing out into the real world to experience what life is all about... :(

So your recommendation of everyone buying such a device is really just another sad reflection of the lack of understanding these days that most folk think on what life is all about... sad but unfortunately very true... :(

PS:all this talk of jailbreaking & hacking phones is nothing new, when I was a kid and there were public phone boxes everywhere, we broke/hacked them to get the money out of the coin box... :D

A lot of ths I agree with. However I not infrequently will spend 6 or so hours in a day on train journeys. It's boring as hell, and I've often thought of getting a laptop or some other portable device would help ease that boredom. As for there being other folk around when Im on these train journeys, sure, but without such a device I havent spoken to them thus far (why would I? I dont know them or care to know them). To be honest I take offense at the suggestion I shouldnt keep myself ammused just because there's people around. I generally dont like people and thats my choice. Who the fuck are you to tell me otherwise ?
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2011, 02:33:08 AM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;624346
Awesome.  It's always so nice to see the amigoid crowd chime in about how they don't need this newfangled that or the other - and then justify it with (uninformed) comments about the functionality.

I remember when using an Amiga meant having a computer that was cutting edge, ultra high-tech and ran rings around the rest.  Now, if this thread was anything to go by, the sad remainders of the userbase are a bunch of bitter old Luddites who'd prefer the tech world be a more frustrating, slower and harder to use place.

And for the record I have a Samsung Intercept as my sole phone, bill ranges anywhere from $25-$60, depending on what I want to pay Virgin Mobile on any given month.  No contracts, and if it comes down to it I can tether it to my PC and use it as my broadband connection, cutting the $50 Sprint wireless 4g bill out of the budget.

As for the rest?  There's a guy with an Imsai 8080 and paper tape reader who thinks you're all a bunch of effete snobs.

And who the *&*^% are you to tell people whether or not they should be interested in having a device that may be unneccessary to them? I like my technology, but a phone isnt something I care much about, minus the ability to talk to people on occasion. What's it to you ? I'm (nor are others who are disinterested) not telling you what you should or shouldnt be interested in.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:48:18 AM by Argo »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2011, 02:38:59 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;624440
A lot of ths I agree with. However I not infrequently will spend 6 or so hours in a day on train journeys. It's boring as hell, and I've often thought of getting a laptop or some other portable device would help ease that boredom. As for there being other folk around when Im on these train journeys, sure, but without such a device I havent spoken to them thus far (why would I? I dont know them or care to know them). To be honest I take offense at the suggestion I shouldnt keep myself ammused just because there's people around. I generally dont like people and thats my choice. Who the fuck are you to tell me otherwise ?

Wow someone's back to their grumpy old self & showing his true colours once again... :roflmao:

Wassamata your 040 still not working properly or is it just that time of the month again... :lol:

Didn't realise you thought that post was directed at you but with your last sentence I reckon it's probably people who don't like you generally and not the other way round... ;)

PS:I'm the *&^%$ who tell's everyone what to do and think cos I'm really gawd sent here to punish all the numpties for using mobile phones... :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:48:40 AM by Argo »

Offline Ni72ous

• Show only replies by Ni72ous
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2011, 02:47:23 AM »
While on the subject of phones, maybe Amiga.org should implement Tapatalk support to make the site easier to navigate whilst using a smart phone.
Ni72ous

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2011, 02:51:35 AM »
@Franko
Fuck off idiot.

"My true colors" ? Yes I, much like other people do have good and bad days, but to suggest Im showing "my true colors" on the back of someone pissing me off is a bit rich.
My '040 has always worked. And who the fuck else could it be aimed at ? Im the only person who mentioned that a mobile device might keep me entertained for my long train rides. As for whether people like me or not, I really couldnt care less. Im just me, always have been and Ive never been fond of people so Im hardly going to lose sleep over whether or not they like me.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:54:27 AM by fishy_fiz »

Offline Franko

« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2011, 03:05:18 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;624452
@Franko
Fuck off idiot.

"My true colors" ? Yes I, much like other people do have good and bad days, but to suggest Im showing "my true colors" on the back of someone pissing me off is a bit rich.
My '040 has always worked. And who the fuck else could it be aimed at ? Im the only person who mentioned that a mobile device might keep me entertained for my long train rides. As for whether people like me or not, I really couldnt care less. Im just me, always have been and Ive never been fond of people so Im hardly going to lose sleep over whether or not they like me.

My... My... we are in a right narky mood tonight... :roflmao:

You were the one crying like a big girls blouse just recently that you could get your 040 Amiga set up and was about to get rid of it in a hissy fit you silly twat... :lol:

The post was aimed at all mobile phone users in general and was in reply to AmigaNGs post or can't you read very well anymore now that your eyes are bloodshot with rage... :D

PS: see how many F words you can put in your next post as it seems to be the only word you know tonight... ;)

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2011, 03:14:41 AM »
Hi,

Wow! I have heard of car rage, but phone rage. Get out the guns, it's shootin time.

I take a psp mp3/mp4 player when I go public transportation, of course public transportation here is a bit scary, even the police that use it call for backup.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2011, 03:15:05 AM »
Symbian, slower than android or ios but at least is not from apple or google.
a1200 060

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2011, 03:16:53 AM »
@Franko
Yes, I can read fine. Yes I saw that you addressed it to all mobile phone users (which I dont even own incidently), but despite that you made a comment on something that I was the only one to bring up. Ergo I responed.
As for my amiga, yes it has pissed me off so being that I have no income at the moment I considered selling it.  

Yes, clearly Im not in the best mood right now, so the obvious thing to do is antagonise a person when there's obviously something that's upsetting them.

Offline KesaTopic starter

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2011, 03:27:24 AM »
Quote from: smerf;624438
Hi,

I also had a phone from all three carriers once, the USS Independence, USS America, and the USS Nimitz, didn't need a SIM card on any of them to use but I always ended up with MA Bell at the end of the cruise.

smerf

Quote from: smerf;624429
Hi,

@Kesa,

I have a portable phone that sort of looks like the Commodore phone, but  it has no Commodore emblems or stickers on it. It has all kind of  really good Apps that I have not found on any of those wussy modern day  phones, I mean this phone is a mans phone all the way down to the spin  around dialer.

First App is really neat, if a mugger tries to mug me, I just take the  phone out of its cradle and beat the blimey mugger with it.

Second App if the mugger has a gun I just hold on to the phone end and  throw the cradle at him, the coiled wire acts like a spring and brings  the cradle back to me.

Ringtones -- a little sparse, just goes ding a ling, than repeats.

Coverage area -- it goes a hundred yards with the original extension cord, can go further with upgrades.

Charges -- hey you gets what you pay for with these, but I don't have to worry about peak calling charges.

smerf

Since when did you get so witty? You been making smart ass comments all day!
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline KesaTopic starter

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2011, 03:30:34 AM »
@Fishy Fiz. If you want my old phone it's yours. Just send me the postage costs and i will send it to you for free :)

It's nothing special though. Good construction, very compact and best of all no games or apps on it :)
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Franko

« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2011, 03:37:26 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;624460
@Franko
Yes, I can read fine. Yes I saw that you addressed it to all mobile phone users (which I dont even own incidently), but despite that you made a comment on something that I was the only one to bring up. Ergo I responed.
As for my amiga, yes it has pissed me off so being that I have no income at the moment I considered selling it.  

Yes, clearly Im not in the best mood right now, so the obvious thing to do is antagonise a person when there's obviously something that's upsetting them.

Thought you were in wee bit of a mood tonight, reckoned by now you'd have realised that the kind of posts I make like that one are as I've said before "not to be taken seriously"... :)

Anywhoo... I'll leave you alone now and hope your in a better mood tomorrow... ;)

PS:best time to antagonise someone is when their peed off, makes for some pretty interesting and amusing reading... :)

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2011, 03:40:17 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;624254
That's interesting, and old colleague of mine has between completely deaf since birth and using SMS from his mobile phone made life so much easier for him.

You know after reading Cammy's post I was thinking what use would a deaf person have for a cellphone. Then I read yours and realized talking on my cellphone is the least used function on my phone. That little keyboard gets quite the workout. I just hope it lasts the next year and a half till the contract is up.

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2011, 03:55:49 AM »
I have the Samsung Galaxy S and I love it.  Android all the way.