Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Computer "bug" Yikes!  (Read 19930 times)

Description:

Offline TheGoose

• Show only replies by TheGoose
    • http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?u=827
Re: Computer "bug" Yikes!
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 09:34:56 PM »
LOL

"Well, I grabbed my pliers"  

Which is the normal tool for chasing spiders around with, everybody knows.

I have seen little critters run in or out of electronics but never a pop or short from them, lucky for both of us I guess.

:lol:
G1200, A3000D, A1200 PPC AOS4.0C

I\'m on Google +

Offline tokyoracer

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 09:50:56 PM »
Yeah iv had little ones inside my PC once (out of storage), its still fine today too.

Offline murple

• Show only replies by murple
    • http://www.murple.net
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »
Just so long as it's not a brown recluse spider... their bites are nasty! If you live in the southern USA...

Offline AmidufferTopic starter

• Show only replies by Amiduffer
    • http://www.geocities.com/laverdiereaf/
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »
Wolf Spider    

Venom toxicity - the bite of the Wolf Spider is poisonous but not lethal. Although non-aggressive, they bite freely if provoked and should be considered dangerous to humans. The bite may be very painful. First aid and medical attention should be sought as soon as possible, particularly as to children or the elderly. Spider Identification - an adult is 1/2 inch to more than 1 inch in body length - mottled gray to brown in color, with a distinct Union Jack impression on its back. The female carries it's young on its back. Habitat - this spider is a ground dweller, with a burrow retreat. It has a roving nocturnal lifestyle to hunt their prey and can move very rapidly when disturbed. Commonly found around the home, in garden areas with a silk lined burrow, sometimes with a lid or covered by leaf litter or grass woven with silk as a little fence around the rim of the burrow.

Not something I want to share living quarters with! Squish em. There's plenty of prey outside.  :lol:
Amiga 3000D UP and running! Hear that clicking. 8)
Amiga 3000D & 4000D in storage sadly.

Offline sniken

• Show only replies by sniken
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 11:25:14 PM »
Others have more serious problems; link to computerworld

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 12:00:50 AM »
I have a number of these guys living in my apartment:

I'd guess there are at least a dozen of those suckers inhabiting my space. It's quite common to see them crawling up the wall or across my desk. I never kill or remove them. Usually when I see one darting across the wall it's after a silverfish or a mosquito and that's fine with me.

Spiders serve a purpose (eating bugs and feeding cats). I don't buy that spiders crawl into peoples mouths during sleep. Spiders are scared to death of anything bigger than them that moves, there's no way they want to crawl into a giants noisy blow hole at night, c'mon.

Offline AeroMan

• Show only replies by AeroMan
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 12:02:12 AM »
Some time ago I had a cochroache going out of my 5 1/4 disk drive. (I still have one to exchange data with my TRS-80...)
It came out, ran over my computer and when I was goin to smash it, it ran to the drive again. I had to disassemble my PC to get it

Offline AmidufferTopic starter

• Show only replies by Amiduffer
    • http://www.geocities.com/laverdiereaf/
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 01:25:36 AM »

koaftder wrote:

Spiders serve a purpose (eating bugs and feeding cats).  

:lol:

Too bad. We could have used some of your friends at our old office. The silverfish were pretty bad there. Our apartment is relatively bug free thank goodness. A couple of apartments ago, I had an ant infestation similar to that mess in Texas. Thank god they stuck to the kitchen although that was pretty horrible.

Amiga 3000D UP and running! Hear that clicking. 8)
Amiga 3000D & 4000D in storage sadly.

Offline TheGoose

• Show only replies by TheGoose
    • http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?u=827
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 01:33:36 AM »
umm I see where this is going; you just wont be 'current' anymore:

OS3.9 - check
accelerator & gobs of fast ram - check
favorite killer apps and game - check
killer spider from South America - check

:-D
G1200, A3000D, A1200 PPC AOS4.0C

I\'m on Google +

Offline Damion

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 01:42:54 AM »
Yeah, one of the first places I lived on my own was _infested_ with black widow spiders. At any point during the night, I could flick on the light and there would be 3 or 4 crawling around. The last few weeks I was there, I slept outside in my car. :/

It was miserable, especially since I used to have quite a spider phobia. (I spent a few years catching, examining, and reading up on them in order to conquer my fear.) Koafter is right, after a while you realize they want nothing to do with us... all they want is to dart around eating other insects, which is pretty cool.

These days I just leave them alone, or put them outside, unless it's something potentially harmful like a black widow.

Now... centipedes, on the other hand... doubt I'll ever get used to those. ;-)

Offline Plaz

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 01:43:15 AM »
Spiders are fine by me, they eat mosquitos which I hate far more. We have quite a variety around my house. Zippers, black widows, brown recluse, serveral types of garden spiders, green ones, brown ones, striped ones... they don't seem to bother any one thankfully.  Besides, bugs actually own the planet you know. They just allow us humans to live here rent free because we taste good. :lol:

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 01:50:30 AM »
....black widows....3 or 4 crawling around.

Now that would be enough to put me out too. I can find them several places around my yard, but definitely never where I sleep. My mom was bitten by one while sleeping many many years ago. That caused a trip to the hospital for a bit of spider anti-venom. I guess they are just very painful for the average adult, but potentially deadly for small children or if you're alergic at all.

Plaz

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 02:31:18 AM »
I think he's having us on and his USB hardware just fell out. HA HA HA, mister jokeyjokemeister.  ;-)
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline Nlandas

• Show only replies by Nlandas
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 04:42:06 AM »
Nature inside computers -

Some of the machines we've repaired from our component schools have had -

Dead mouse inside. (Also, others with mouse droppings, etc.)
Ants inside on some form of sticky substance.
Spiders webs. (Must have been looking for the WWW.)
I think, Therefore - Amiga....

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #28 from previous page: May 23, 2008, 07:15:48 AM »
Jumping spiders are the only spiders allowed to share my domicile.  Every time I visit my family in the mid-west, I wind up with some kind of spider bite on a leg.  It swells up very large with a huge puss-crater in the center.  Visit the doctor, get some antibiotics to prevent infection, and let it run its course.  Very gross.

One of the apartment complexes in which I lived after first moving to Tallahassee had a brown widow infestation.  Luckily not inside, but all around the outside.