Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pegasos review thread volume II (The on topic thread)  (Read 11116 times)

Description:

Offline Warface

• Show only replies by Warface
    • http://www.spacehawks.hu
Re: Pegasos review thread volume II (The on topic thread)
« Reply #119 from previous page: May 08, 2003, 09:07:20 AM »

Hooligan_DCS wrote:
If you'd like to have a similar desktop download the desktop background here

Link doesn't work anymore  :-(

One more time it's me to blame: it happens that I mistyped something being busy with the Xoops stuff. I referred to the image as jpg, but it's a png. Hope it works now, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline Jethro_Tull

• Show only replies by Jethro_Tull
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2003, 11:17:36 AM »
Thanks for the very informative posts redromlua.  

Just one quick question to readers of this thread.  If (i.e. it's hypothetical) OS4 was a competent effort and made available on Pegasos / Pegasos II at a fair price, would you buy it? Personally, I think OS4 on the Pegasos would be a win-win situation for everyone involved.  And if (again, that 'if' is important) Pegasos users are willing to buy OS4, maybe Hyperion can be coaxed in writing a version for it.  

Hyperion would sell more copies, developers would have a larger base, Pegasos owners would have more choice, clashes in the community would be mitigated and Genesis could concentrate more on hardware.

Finally, a more technical question.  Would the Peg run happily in a MicroATX case with a 150W PSU.  I have an old PC with a Voodoo3 3000 Card, 128Mb Samsung DIMM and 12Gb IBM Hard Disk.  It seems ideal to be turned in a Pegasos computer (currently uses an ALI Aladdin board with a Cyrix 550MHz CPU).

Thanks ppl

Offline Warface

• Show only replies by Warface
    • http://www.spacehawks.hu
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2003, 11:25:54 AM »

Jethro_Tull wrote:
Thanks for the very informative posts redromlua.  

Just one quick question to readers of this thread.  If (i.e. it's hypothetical) OS4 was a competent effort and made available on Pegasos / Pegasos II at a fair price, would you buy it? Personally, I think OS4 on the Pegasos would be a win-win situation for everyone involved.  And if (again, that 'if' is important) Pegasos users are willing to buy OS4, maybe Hyperion can be coaxed in writing a version for it.  

I for one would definitely buy OS4 sooner or later. It's not just about the OS (which I can compare to MOS then, and use the better) but about having new Hyperion game titles for my Pegasos as well as I have almost all of their older titles.

Hope a dual boot will be possibble (in case OS4 will be available for Pegasos one day of course)

EDIT

Have I mentioned that the farthest texture of the desktop background below started it's carrier as an OS4 backdrop? :-) Well, it was a few months back though, I didn't have my pegasos back then.

Offline Jethro_Tull

• Show only replies by Jethro_Tull
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2003, 11:35:42 AM »
Multiple boot options for OS4, MacOnLinux and maybe MorphOS would definitly the best option.  Is a program similar to Partition Magic available for the Peg?

Offline Damion

« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2003, 11:40:13 AM »
I would certainly buy it to run alongside
MOS (hypothetically).

Offline bbrv

• Show only replies by bbrv
    • http://www.genesi-tech.com
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2003, 12:09:16 PM »
Jethro, just sent you the video.  The system you described works fine.

R&B :-)