Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Missing games...  (Read 2521 times)

Description:

Offline Bezzen

• Show only replies by Bezzen
    • http://www.streammountain.se
Re: Missing games...
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 30, 2003, 07:44:31 PM »
AFAIK "Hardcore" by DICE was to be released on Sega MegaCD but never made it.

Yeah, it was first Amiga, then they (and Psygnosis) decided to go for Mega Drive (or CD-version) instead. But Psygnosis cancelled it. It was supposedly 98% complete according to DICE.

Offline Bezzen

• Show only replies by Bezzen
    • http://www.streammountain.se
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2003, 07:46:07 PM »
EA's NHL-series. I remember seeing in Amiga Format (93 or 94 I think) that this was in the release lists. Would have been really cool. I played the Mega Drive versions to death, and the old ones are still as playable today.

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2003, 08:15:35 PM »
EA and Ocean had quite a few games to be ready in 95/96/97 , but as you might remeber....it went belly up due to commodore died and all the publsihers belived AMIGA also died....

VERY SAD!!! ;((
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline lempkee

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2003, 08:19:30 PM »
Ah i just read something here now....

GALACTIC A500 and A1200 VERSIONS did arrive , and should not be on our MISSING list , there is EVEN whd installers made for them , great games...love em :)

have fun!

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2003, 10:15:20 PM »
OT: Lempkee, I don't think Commodore dying was responsible for the Amiga's death, at least not directly. In 1994 - the peak of the Amiga's popularity - DOOM established the PC as a games computer. All the gamers ran off and got one. After that Amiga games tended to be sawn-off ports of PC ones because PC hardware was more powerful - and getting more powerful by the day.

By '95 is was standard to have a CD-ROM on a PC - but almost nobody had one on an Amiga. The games companies left for the PC as Amiga market profits plummeted. Probably Commodore's death resulted in no more faster, better Amigas being made to compete with the ugly PC clones, Frankstein monsters of circuits built on top of those crappy greenscreen office computers that PCs used to be.

That's the irony - a PC as a games computer? That's like having a 100 tonne truck to go buy groceries with.

Back on topic: many of the missing Amiga games - like TFX and Settlers 2 - disappeared even though they were ready, because almost nobody had the spec to run them. That was cause of the end of gaming on the Amiga.

Offline Minion

• Show only replies by Minion
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2003, 11:34:42 PM »
How about Armour Geddon? 1 or 2?
I would love someone to do an Armour Geddon BattleField 1942 Mod.  
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2003, 11:45:06 PM »

KennyR wrote:

Probably Commodore's death resulted in no more faster, better Amigas being made to compete with the ugly PC clones, Frankstein monsters of circuits built on top of those crappy greenscreen office computers that PCs used to be.

And what would you call an A1200 in a towercase with a PPC board on the CPU slot, a GFX glued onto the CPU board's own bus, a Z2 bus board between the PPC card and the actual A1200 mobo. A Z2 network card squashed on that. Oh and an external keyboard interface wedged between the Z2 busboard and the mobo.

THAT's what I would call a Frankenstein creation. :-D.

Offline lempkee

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2003, 01:23:30 AM »
@kennyR , as much as you and me (amiga fanatics) wants to belive
in that story or not, well i can assure you of one thing! , thats not what happened.

Tfx wasnt done,inferno wasnt done and settlers 2 was done but not RIGHTS for it (99),

Anyway people left for pc and such , why? ..well easy as no one wanted to do like i did ,
i bought a 060 when that came (first in norway) , i bought a PPC when that came (number 5 in the que)
, people on AMIGA expect EVErYTHING to run out of the box even now.

3 days ago someone heard that i was a regged moovid owner , guess what...he asked me very politely if it COULD run DIVX on a 030 AGA setup.

AMIGA OWNERS still thinks the hw is better than everything , in a way thats what i keep saying also but hmm not in that kinda way :)
(atleast not by CLassic).

1995 was the year when everything turned, the amiga future looked REALLY bad, games companies pulled out and stopped assigning new games/apps and only the garage stuff kept on.
in the end of 95 people told me that DOOM was still impossible to run on amiga, i started up SS and showed em DOOM and Warcraft on my amiga trough that setup and people was amazed.
just to end it like this, the ONLY reason why it all went like it did (and still are) is because of the ANTI UPGrADE + THE ANTI BUYING , its sad i know, hopefully people by now UNDERSTANDS that they have the future in their hands.

TFX was released by cu AMIGA btw :)
Settlers 2 was withdrawn because of porting rights etc.
Inferno never came (was finnished) ... no one wanted to upgrade their machines anyway...

sadly it seems that even now when i have a setup like i do, well i cant go higher as there aint one atm, and still the stuff runs dead slow..

good luck to all and WE ARE NOT in 95 now, its all comming back and lets be positive.

(games sold worser in 95/6 compared to 2002 (by an user count.) but that means diddly yet anyway.

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2003, 01:58:58 AM »
Odin, I'd prefer to spend money on patching up an A1200 I could use for years rather than buy a new PC clone every year they've patched up in a similar but micro-scale way in a silicon lab somewhere. :-)

"Had I the right...to inflict this curse upon future generations?" - Dr. Frankenstein, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Offline ruffneck

• Show only replies by ruffneck
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2003, 02:43:26 PM »
maybe if Team17 had got the rights from Id to port Doom to Miggy, then Amiga community might be much bigger nowdays;) of course, AB3D rocked and we have got Doom anyway:)

Offline Mike_Amiga

• Show only replies by Mike_Amiga
    • http://www.mp3.com.au/forefinger
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2003, 04:47:04 PM »
How about trying to coax some companies into releasing abandonware or unreleased stuff. Start a petition reactivate interest from companies previously developing for the platform.
AKA ED-209 on IRC...

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2003, 04:27:14 PM »
@kennyr:

Got a point there =), but for non-gaming uses it's totally unneccessary to upgrade a PC every year. My father's PII still functions nicely for his web/homebanking/document/general usage.