Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: debian hardinfo benchmarks  (Read 12910 times)

Description:

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
Re: debian hardinfo benchmarks
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
Quote from: WolfToTheMoon;691314
surprisingly slow

are these benchmarks available for android? would like to see how my mobile compares to these(dual core qualcomm s3 at 1,5 GHz)

This should be the month we find out.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
@Forcie

Quote from: Forcie;691311
As far as I can see it is just a similar thread to this one: http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=35671

But I guess that thread is just a troll thread telling us why x86 PC is superior to OS4 systems? I bet the SAM and X1000 owners posting their results really wanted to hurt and upset people by showing simple hardware facts about their systems. Right?

Never mind Kesa. Sometimes it's difficult to know whether he's "trolling or just stupid" ;) but obviously he's kind of confused here. :lol:

- Doing benchmarks isn't something bad.
- Posting benchmarks online isn't something bad.
- Discussing these benchmarks isn't something bad either.

Of course not! :)

Trying to inflict some kind of selective taboo on civil discussions and measurable, enlightening test data (like Kesa just did above) is bad, however. And so is trying to sell a product by trying to hide information about its performance. Where were Kesa with his lectures about "agenda's" when some people threw stones at the MorphOS team for going the Mac route, mocking MorphOS's lack of "new" hardware? Well, it turned out that this "crappy old Mac HW" is just as good -or indeed even better- than the big Messiah computer those people put forward as the right way to go (at 1/20 of the cost), and *then* Kesa gets all upset! Which is kind of funny, since the whole benchmark initiative, as well as all the numbers (except the PowerMac), comes from the OS4 community, by *their* initiative! "Agenda?" :lol:

* Past MorphOS HW (Pegasos1/April, Pegasos2) was always better than OS4 HW (AmigaOne), and much cheaper.

* Current MorphOS HW (a whole flora of mainstream Mac machines in various shapes and forms) is better than current OS4 HW (Sam and A1X1K), and much cheaper.

* Future MorphOS HW (x86 or ARM, that's the question, maybe both?) will definitely be better than anything the OS4 people can put forward in batches of 30 units based on PPC, and much cheaper.

Once again, it turned out that the MorphOS team had the winning strategy. While still being tied to the PPC platform, they looked around themselves and noticed how the market was full of cheap mainstream HW that were more powerful than anything else on the PPC market, and they said to themselves: "Why don't we use that?", and so they did! The A1X1K is a horror-example of what you get when going in the opposite direction. But the thing is, so was the Sam460. And so was the Sam440 before that. Time and time again, it becomes evident that some people never learn! And no wonder, when all they seem wanting to do, is to put their head in the sand and forbid any kind of discussions on these subjects, and then push ahead with one crazy project after another! This is killing the OS4 platform (not that I really care, IMHO the OS4 project was completely redundant from Day 1, and the Amiga community would have been much better off without it)...
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 04:36:51 PM »
Quote from: dammy;691320
That would be nice if that was followed in other threads as well, but trolls will be trolls.

+1

Couldn't agree more! :)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Akiko

• Show only replies by Akiko
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;691327
+1

Couldn't agree more! :)

You might remember that before hijacking another OS4 related thread.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
@Kesa

This thread is good news to Hyperion. There is nothing wrong in OS4 regarding raw CPU performance.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »
@ Piru

can you please adjust the nice graphs you made to take into account the 2'nd core of the X1000 ;)

i'll let you guys get back to trolling & thanks for starting your own thread this time.
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »
What is the purpose of this thread? This is just a blue camp troll thread telling us why MOS is superior to OS4.x.

If you don't like the x1000 don't buy it, otherwise stop trolling.

I don't think posting benchmarks is trolling. The truth is the truth. If you don't like it, its still the truth. The fact that a 7 year old mac pc from ebay beats the 3,000$ top of the line "modern spec" AOS4 hardware is something people should know when making a decision on what to buy.

They should have a right to know what they are buying (except hype)

I'm not sure if he had the second core enabled,prob not, but in OS4 the second core is useless, so I think testing just one core is more relative to knowing what kind of speed and performance you can expect from the 3 computers running aos or morphos. Will people really boot to linux just to fire up the second core?

I'd love to see this benchmark on my droid comparing these computers. If my cellphone beats the x1000 in raw cpu horsepower, that would be kinda funny.

Offline Geit

• Show only replies by Geit
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 08:52:08 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;691334

I'm not sure if he had the second core enabled,prob not, but in OS4 the second core is useless.

"he" (piru) only made the PowerBook tests and the PowerBook only has one core to use, even when running linux. :)

The other systems results were made by OS4 users, with their linux and their hardware.

The test is not about MorphOS or AmigaOS. It is just about comparing "outdated" with "up to date" hardware.

In the result the X1000 gets nearly beaten by a ten times cheaper hardware, which most people dumped years ago.

It seems it is easier to call the presentation of facts trolling, just because one does not like the results.

Geit

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 09:07:42 PM »
Quote from: Geit;691343
It seems it is easier to call the presentation of facts trolling, just because one does not like the results.

Geit

you must not visit this site regularly.
The facts are that the graphs should state that the X1000 results are based on only once core of the X1000's cpu.  For a real world example run a Blender demo on only one cpu and then run it with all the cpu's cores and then you will see real 'facts'
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:18:10 PM by klx300r »
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 10:42:26 PM »
Sorry i meant graphs not polls.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 10:50:34 PM »
Quote from: Geit;691343
"he" (piru) only made the PowerBook tests and the PowerBook only has one core to use, even when running linux. :)

The other systems results were made by OS4 users, with their linux and their hardware.

The test is not about MorphOS or AmigaOS. It is just about comparing "outdated" with "up to date" hardware.

In the result the X1000 gets nearly beaten by a ten times cheaper hardware, which most people dumped years ago.

Geit

Nah, they are just using the graphs as ammo in promoting Morphos by discrediting the x1000.

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 11:04:16 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;691344
you must not visit this site regularly.
The facts are that the graphs should state that the X1000 results are based on only once core of the X1000's cpu.  For a real world example run a Blender demo on only one cpu and then run it with all the cpu's cores and then you will see real 'facts'

All the machines in the graph are running on one core.

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;691315
You guys can use all the polls you like to try and prove that the x1000 is inferior and overpriced but it doesn't change anything.

You are absolutely right, the "polls" lie... benchmarks too... my Amiga 1200/060 is much faster than any of those systems including Piru's overrated G4 Powerbook (which that may or may not even exist). Who cares if x1000 overpriced as we are no longer on the gold standard and money is not real anyway...

Jack Tramiel is still alive and he is going to take over Apple. Jay Miner is going to do the chipset.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:45:34 PM by bbond007 »

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 12:15:05 AM »
Quote from: bbond007;691353

Jack Tramiel is still alive and he is going to take over Apple. Jay Miner is going to do the chipset.

Imiga ST ?

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 01:44:41 AM »
As my 1.42 GHz Power mac has two CPUs, I'd have no problem running benchmarks that utilize two cores.
And my 7455 processors should perform pretty close to the 1.67 GHz 7447 in the Powerbook Piru has posted test for.
So Apple hardware would probably still be competitive (or even possibly best) the X1000 is dual core Linux tests.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 03, 2012, 01:49:37 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;691326
@Forcie

Never mind Kesa. Sometimes it's difficult to know whether he's "trolling or just stupid" ;) but obviously he's kind of confused here. :lol:

- Doing benchmarks isn't something bad.
- Posting benchmarks online isn't something bad.
- Discussing these benchmarks isn't something bad either.

Of course not! :)

Trying to inflict some kind of selective taboo on civil discussions and measurable, enlightening test data (like Kesa just did above) is bad, however. And so is trying to sell a product by trying to hide information about its performance. Where were Kesa with his lectures about "agenda's" when some people threw stones at the MorphOS team for going the Mac route, mocking MorphOS's lack of "new" hardware? Well, it turned out that this "crappy old Mac HW" is just as good -or indeed even better- than the big Messiah computer those people put forward as the right way to go (at 1/20 of the cost), and *then* Kesa gets all upset! Which is kind of funny, since the whole benchmark initiative, as well as all the numbers (except the PowerMac), comes from the OS4 community, by *their* initiative! "Agenda?" :lol:

* Past MorphOS HW (Pegasos1/April, Pegasos2) was always better than OS4 HW (AmigaOne), and much cheaper.

* Current MorphOS HW (a whole flora of mainstream Mac machines in various shapes and forms) is better than current OS4 HW (Sam and A1X1K), and much cheaper.

* Future MorphOS HW (x86 or ARM, that's the question, maybe both?) will definitely be better than anything the OS4 people can put forward in batches of 30 units based on PPC, and much cheaper.

Once again, it turned out that the MorphOS team had the winning strategy. While still being tied to the PPC platform, they looked around themselves and noticed how the market was full of cheap mainstream HW that were more powerful than anything else on the PPC market, and they said to themselves: "Why don't we use that?", and so they did! The A1X1K is a horror-example of what you get when going in the opposite direction. But the thing is, so was the Sam460. And so was the Sam440 before that. Time and time again, it becomes evident that some people never learn! And no wonder, when all they seem wanting to do, is to put their head in the sand and forbid any kind of discussions on these subjects, and then push ahead with one crazy project after another! This is killing the OS4 platform (not that I really care, IMHO the OS4 project was completely redundant from Day 1, and the Amiga community would have been much better off without it)...

Where have you been lately? I sorta noticed you made a convienient comeback when there is an opportunity for a MOS spam fest :razz:

Anyway, my problem isn't the benchmarks. Numbers don't lie after all. My problem is the motive behind them.

I don't think the people who bought X1000's were concerned too much about benchmarks. That's why I dismiss them as I don't think they are relevant. So why is Piru so interested? He did them  just so he can say "the X1000 is overpriced crap and here is the proof".