Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Boycott & computer products.  (Read 5525 times)

Description:

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
Re: Boycott & computer products.
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2003, 05:59:06 AM »
I, personally, have chosen not to buy any products made in the usa.

but why?
what have those particular manufacturers done to you?

i certainly wouldnt want people to stop buying my products just because they disagree with the policies of the particular government running the country that im in

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2003, 06:21:12 AM »
Hi,

Well what can you expect from someone from Tn.

I don't like Bush, and the whole country has gone mad!!

Phrases like this want to make me puke.

If you don't like what America is doing then go to france or germany.  Just think then you could be a gay natzi.

Quite frankly I won't buy anything made in france or germany and now possibly turkey. I am American, I support my country and the troops and the war that they are fighting to free the Iraq people. If you dumb rednecks in tenn. can't watch the news to see what is really happening and let your political party thoughts stand in the way then watch out, because you may see foot prints over your back for getting in the way.

Have a nice day!!

Remember the original Amiga was made in America by Americans for Americans. It was someone from another country (India) I believe that we trusted to finance the project that finally gave up on the Amiga, thats what happens when you get them there foriegners involved with something good.

Smerf

I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2003, 06:42:06 AM »
Hi blobrana,

Don't buy American products, we don't need your two cents anyway. By the way include the Amiga in your boycott, it was made in America.

Us people in the US feel we don't need the UN or any other of you wussy countries to help us, but you know what you do need us. We helped bail out france in WWII and we helped re establish germany, as a matter of fact we have generally tried to help every country in the world, what do we get in return the old finger wave and no support from the UN which by the way gets 85% of their funding from the good old US and is one of the things that we strongly supported until now. If the United Nations makes these rules for countries to follow and then does not back them up then what good is the United Nations, the United States gave the UN and saddam every bit of patience that we could muster, there is a time though to say enough is enough and go in and kick some butt when regulations are not followed, and thats what we are doing. America has woke up since 9/11 and we know that the rest of the world don't like it, too bad. These fanatics have played with America and now we are slowly roundin em up and putting em on the old meat hooks to say the least. We didn't want to have these wars, we wanted peace but some other pissant people wanted to ring our chimes, well they rung em and guess what we are ringing loud and clear, and we won't stop until terrorism is gone. Have a nice day and keep your two cents of purchases from America we really don't need it.

Smerf

and when you feel the rain of bombs on you, remember it's brought to you by the courtesy of the red white and blue.
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline smerf

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2003, 06:47:28 AM »
Hi Matt h,

Got a better idea than stocking up on french products, why don't you just move to france you look like a frenchman anyway.

Smerf

Offline smerf

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2003, 06:56:04 AM »
Hi Amigamad,

Like your thinking, france not only stabbed us in the back but they turned the knife while they were doing it. Don't worry, I hear that the FBI and CIA have found lots of records of sales to Iraq by certian countries during the last couple of days, hmmm wonder if that is why old puddin is calling Bush and saying that he hopes our slight differences in this subject won't keep our countries apart (Ruskie and America).  Oh well we will just have to wait and see how it plays out.

My vote "keep france germany and russia out of the rebuild of Iraq when we ask for UN support to help the new Iraq government.

Smerf

Offline smerf

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2003, 07:03:47 AM »
Hi dietmar,

Not one of my American dollars will go to france or germany for a long, long time. I was thinking about buying a VW but bought a KIA instead since germany started playing there veto game on the US. As for water I guess I will switch to Culligan for water, all I have to say is pfffft to the french and germans.

Smerf

Original Amiga was made by Americans in America for Americans and accepted by the rest of the world.

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2003, 08:36:26 AM »
Its right not to let france or germany rebuild iraq how many people have they lost in the war none because they are not helping. they just want to cash in on the lives of our people that our risking theres. They just want to make money out of our peoples hard work with out getting there fingers burnt.as for computers that our now sold amiga, apple mac and the windows operating system most people use is american what have france given the world apart from peugot citreon and renault 3 cars which have just been anounced as the most unreliable in a survey. my french sagem myx5 phone needs to be replaced because it suffers from lockups sometimes. ill be buying a motorola or a british sendo next .

france can kiss my a** im not buying from the cowards. :-)
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2003, 08:49:12 AM »
I think the whole anti-french anti-germany anti-russia thing is stupid...its childish... makes me feel like saying 'hey government? yeah you government... can you please grow up!... you preach tollerance and dont tollerate other countrys choices'...

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2003, 09:32:14 AM »
Yes , it`s unfortunate that the US public and certain companies will suffer the effects of boycotts (and short-term Tax increases),
 but there it is a peaceful protest that WILL be recognised by the government.
It is up to the government to judge if it`s current global policy's are really worth carrying out...

@smerf

The fact remains that 9/11 has nothing to do with iraq ; And as of this time it seems that there are no WMD...
It seems to me that this is an illegal war, who`s only good outcome will be the deposing of an evil dictator,
 but , i do not believe that The allies attacked iraq for humanitarian reasons. It would be too naive to ignore all the dirty covert operations that the US government has (and is) done in the past.

However, if the US do not want to control EVERYTHING in the post iraq war reconstruction, and perhaps allow the UN to bid for the  lucrative commercial  contracts, then i may reconsider...

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2003, 09:49:45 AM »
Freedom fries ??????

/me allways thought it was just a bad joke .....

Whats next ? Rename Hamburgers to liberation-bullets ?
(sneaked in a german word game : bullette = meat-ball)

America the land of the fat and the home of the dumb ....

And then I read stuff about the US wanting to control IRAQ instead
of the UN, and even wanting to control who can rebuilt what.

Sounds pretty much like a colony, and you can just ask the
french how having a muslim colony will end.

Bin_Laden_replacement_breeding_ground that is what the Iraq will be.
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Offline Red_Melons

• Show only replies by Red_Melons
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2003, 09:59:07 AM »
Bush and Blair are in a tiny minority. The Azores summit last month saw just four leaders gather out of the world's 191 states. Even on these mid-Atlantic islands they could not escape anti-war protesters.

Bush and Blair can not even claim to speak decisively for their own people, never mind the people of Iraq or the rest of the world.
Gallup polls in Britain showed only 15% support for a nuilateral assault on Iraq, and there was only a bare majority in the USA.

The war against Iraq is one of the most undemocratic acts in human history.

I leave it to a great American to sum up this war:

"With its banner of the Prince of Peace in one hand and its loot-basket and its butcher-knife in the other"

MARK TWAIN describing the US's first imperial adventure 100 years ago.

Offline woof

• Show only replies by woof
    • http://uae.is.free.fr
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2003, 10:21:06 AM »
Hi everyone
I am french...
So what Chirac is against War ! He is only an opportunist He know that 90% percent French people are against this War ... so he is against !!
About our commercial exchange with Iraq they are near nothing remenber there is an embargo.
(Major commercial exchange are with US & Germany you know Michelin,Dannone, Airbus, Sodexho, Vivendi-Universal, etc...)

Some intellectual said that Europoean got now a post-modern civilsation : war is no more the  solution for us.
WE DONT WANT 21 TH CENTURY TO BE THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS

It seems that some (few) US people think they are still in the 1950's : Right War for Peace

What a bullshit !!!

Alain - Paris - France

Offline xaccrocheur

• Show only replies by xaccrocheur
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2003, 11:48:22 AM »

Hooligan_DCS wrote:
Love the site in that link.. Fire-Button ..how can I have missed this.

...Indeed ! I too think they ROCK !

Offline xaccrocheur

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2003, 11:50:36 AM »

mikeymike wrote:
I would feel more inclined to boycott any French products after the defacing of the war memorial, that was just sick.

What ?? They did WHAT ? I'm french, ocver-informed, and have not even heard about that.

Mind you, we have sick and deranged ppl in France, just as much as you have, I'm afraid

pX

Offline xaccrocheur

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2003, 12:07:16 PM »
sorry my browser posted this twice

Offline xaccrocheur

« Reply #29 from previous page: April 06, 2003, 12:08:00 PM »
@all the gun-holders here :

So France is doing business with Iraq, huh ? Look who's talking.
USA refused to control their mfg & selling of landmines and frag. Bombs, selling it to WHOEVER can pay good money for it.

And France shoul'nt be allowed to sell (crappy) cars to Iraq ?

The point in international business seems to be more about SELLING s h i t to ppl w/o KILLING too many of them.

Oh, and another thing. There once was a dream called France. It's now DEAD and buried.

Don't waiste your time bashing France, it does no longer even EXISTS.

France is now no more than just a rich country, trying to rob and steal other countries around, just like EVERYONE's doing. Bitter and pompous boutique-holders that slow everything down.

My only hope, as a french, is that it eventually *disappear* in the whole world scheme, for the better of humanity.

Countries... Pff... Earthtrash  :-P

Come on, such concepts as frontiers, and even cultural differences, are IMHO unworthy of programmers, computer power-users and any technical intelligence. Happily the ppl working on ISS are not babbling kids like us guys ;-)

pX