Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alien Breed 3D 2 Texture/Sprite Extraction  (Read 3002 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: Alien Breed 3D 2 Texture/Sprite Extraction
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 19, 2012, 08:59:35 PM »
Quote from: amiman99;693641
The sprites and textures are in iff format.
The whole AB3D2 zipped folder with all source and graphics is a 24MB.
I can post it somewhere so you can get it.

Hmm, that's about 2Mb larger than what I got...

Can you search the folders and tell me if there are a lot of files ending with the WAD extension?

If so then we probably have the same set, if not then I might just bother you to upload that somewhere.

Thank you for the offer.

In the mean time, I did manage to find some textures, but not many...

...though I do not think Alien Breed 3D II had many textures. It's part of how they managed to get such an advanced piece of software to run so well on a humble 1200.

Still, I do believe there should be more than what I'm seeing in my set.

On a side note, I did manage to get the audio files to load up in Goldwave sound editor, so I will have no problems converting them to WAV.

The sprites and textures on the other hand are going to take some work. I'll have no problem converting them to BMP, but the next trick is converting the DOOM palette to match that of AB3D. Getting the textures and sprites right will be easy, but getting the damage and item pick up colors changed will require a bit of research on my end. I know InkWorks has a bug that prevents it from covering all these bases (see video), but DeepSea should have no problems pulling it off. After all I began research into this a while back, but got distracted before I finished my crash course education, so it shouldn't take too terribly much effort. :)

[youtube]mmOtww4WyjM[/youtube]
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline amiman99

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 09:23:22 PM »
The only "WAD" files I found, or it looks like is a wad, are the ones in the picture.
You can also see the included folders.
A500 KS 2.1, 1MB Chip, 68000
A600 KS 3.1, 2MB Chip, ACA630 32MB RAM
A1000 KS 1.3, 8MB RAM
A1200 KS 3.1, Blizzard IV 50MHz 64MB RAM
A2000 KS 2.1, 68030 25MHz, 6MB RAM
A3000 KS 3.1, 68030 25MHz, 16MB RAM
A4000 KS 3.0, 68040 25MHz, 16MB RAM
CDTV KS 3.1, 4MB RAM
CD32
(AROS BOX) Dead :(

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 09:51:39 PM »
Thankx. I do believe we have the same sources then.

Damn, I wish I could open up one of those WAD files and see what is inside.

Apparently Team 17 was nice enough to steal ID software's DOOM container name, but not the format. :/

If I could open those, then I should be able to open the ones for Alien Breed 3D part 1 as well, which would really make me happy, but alas, Team 17 doesn't want me to be happy.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs