Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly towards Amiga.Org  (Read 10476 times)

Description:

Offline StarkeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Starke
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 03:19:55 PM »
PIRU:
Finally, even you are finally supporting other Amiga users, even those who's desire to help AMiga Inc and the Amiga name, desire being strong, very strong.

Piru:
If enough Amiga users out there here my voice, then more than likely, many may start actually supporting the Amiga properly again.

Thank you for the website link.
You are now seen as some kind of Amiga supporter by me. Apologies to anything that may have been said about the doubt of your support.

Cheers 8-)

And lets all fight with our words to get Amiga Inc and Hyperion into gear and action. Feel free to email them, show your support to the newly found parent company.

Even if this company initially didnt have intention to carry on Amiga, they Obviously still are, even if its not to our liking at the moment.

We just need to help them on this, let them know what would be to our liking, no matter what the odds may be for it to happen, the more people they see in their emails in support, the more likely it'll happen quicker, sooner, faster, better. 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline stopthegop

• Show only replies by stopthegop
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 03:35:36 PM »
By the sale of the previous A1's I'm sure they got a clear picture of how many or little people were interested.

Thats not true.  The A1's were only on sale for a very brief period of time.  If you blinked you missed it.  Not all Amiga users had the money to buy one the very second they went on sale.  Others just a little too slow to act, maybe procrastinating for an A2, who knows?  Also, you have the very recent "surge" of interest with a more than a few "returnees".  In other words there was a lot more interest in the A1 than there were sales of A1s.  This is natural.  Given even just a little more time, I'm certain they would have sold many more A1s.  I myself was all ready to buy one from "Mr Hardware" in New York.  I called him back two weeks after my initial inquiry, cash in hand, ready to buy a new A1.  Instead I got, "The number you have dialed has been disconnected, no further information is available....".  Needless to say, I do not own an A1.  
Primary:
A4000T. Phase5 PPC604e-233mhz/060-66mhz. Mediator, Z3 Fastlane, Voodoo5, Delfina, X-Surf, AD516, Peggy Plus.

Collection:
A4000D, A1200, A500, Milan060 (Atari clone), Atari MegaSTE, Atari TT030, C64, C128, Mattel Aquarius, (2) HP Jornada....

Offline d0pefish

• Show only replies by d0pefish
    • http://lavaburn.com
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 03:45:38 PM »
Wow, someone really lost their marbles. :roll:

/ignore.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 03:46:33 PM »
Starke,
  The thing is... Most of us here never left. We've been in since Commodore went bust. Saw companies come, make promices and then go (under). Almost all of us here, have been around since the current incarnation of Amiga, Inc. Seen all the promices and crap. A few even goto the T-Shirt!
It's been one big roller coster soap opera.
New hardware would be cool, but AI isn't to generous nor seemingly responcive to licencing inquiries. So, here we sit with an OS and no Hardware. It says alot when the Hot new hardware being talked about is a user reengineered A500 (see the Minimig topic).

Offline AmigaPete

• Show only replies by AmigaPete
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 04:07:52 PM »

Starke wrote:

WE ALL ARE EITHER AMIGA NUTS AND WANT NEW STUFF FROM THESE TWO MASSIVE COMPANIES, OR WE DONT.

Massive?!?  :lol:  I bet together they could not field a football team!

Pete

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »
StopTheGop;

Can I keep you bud?
My man, I need someone like you by my side here, amongst all the other negative users.
The more I see your typings, the more I realise your inner feelings towards Amiga. Awesome.
Many of the others here just dont care, but I geuss moderators got a point here, Many might not care anymore, as they think anything new from anyone who takes over Amiga, even the new Amiga Inc, 2000 was it??? will not keep their promises.
But I must say, I am more so disapointed, that not many are actually willing to help support Amiga Inc, or even showing a high volume of interest would help via email?
As your good with your words, can you perhaps explain to me why no one has the heat of a tiger anymore here, to actually give it one last shot?
I mean, I think if we got every single Amiga site like this, to email Amiga Inc and/or Hyperion, these two big companies may see more of a need to help us get new Amiga with new software, and for them to finally use their Big BUCKS for good use, and start creating new quality programs.

In the end, I dont know how to express myself here, so it makes it harder for me.

but thank you once again for sticking up for me at yet, another one of my posts, and giving the guys more realistic information.

YES, yes, I know, I mightened be totally up to date with everything here, But I also know we should help to make it happen.

Cheers 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline mr_a500

• Show only replies by mr_a500
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 04:11:03 PM »
@Starke

Do you actually own an Amiga? I can see from your earlier posts that you don't. So... you bought an emulator, then decided to come to an Amiga forum and insult REAL Amiga users - many of whom were using Amigas when you were just a toddler - and tell them to blindly support a company you know nothing about. You call one person a "PC man" and say you hate Bill Gates, but what computer did you use to post that? Windows? I assume so, since the AmigaForever/WinUAE that you bought is for Windows.

(I used an Amiga to post this)

Offline Louis Dias

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 04:11:10 PM »
The A1 launch had a number of problems:

1) PRICE
2) buggy hardware
3) no useable Amiga OS, just a promise of one
4) availability

Now, the OS is available but there is no new hardware to use it on.  That equals zero growth.

The hardware that has potential is even weaker than the A1 and still not worth the money as for OS4 to get ported with, a licensing fee will jack up the price to the usual overprice-underpowered levels that turns casual users off.

It's by picking up the casual users that will grow the market.  Blue Ocean Stagedy.  Follow Nintendo's example.  Cheap hardware at a cheap price, let the software differentiate the experience.

In the meantime, AROS seems like the best option.  Though in needs to be better organized where development is concerned.  Too many people doing small projects and the right (bigger) projects not getting the right priority.

Here's my suggestions for AROS:
1) Make TeamAROS an organized group that decides developmental focus
2) define projects by priority
3) pool the bounty money towards the projects by priority
4) out on a limb idea - go after VC funds and turn into a Red Hat by selling support services for AROS if you insist on the OS being free (like linux), use this VC funding to hire full-time developers and get is 100% useable, then sell support

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 04:12:26 PM »
itix,
I believe there are hundreds if not thousands of Amiga users who are happy with their old Amigas and not interested in the new stuff.
Spot on. The OP in this thread illustrates why I consider OS4 pundits to be anti-Amiga: the real Amiga isn't something they respect, it's something they want to get rid of in favor of something else which is Amiga in name only.

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 04:18:27 PM »
Mr_500, pleae dont insult me, I have a 1000 amiga.
I have a friend who has a commodore 64

We both are running emulators. he for years, I just started emulating. But wish to get an Amiga 4000T or Amiga one, 933Mhz, if Amiga Inc fail again to comply with their release date of the new Amiga Computer, which ofcourse will be running OS4.

I have 1345 big ass disks for my big ass floppy drives, external for the Amiga 1000. Ive had it since I was a kid, as dadio was into Amigas.
We both had a lot of good times on it. I loved playing Zany golf with dadio, you see, my farther was actually more like my best friend. Anyway, I still play some games, Mega lo mania, capcom street fighter 2, final fight, hehe, even krystal hammer at times. Ahh yes, and then theres the classic, dungeon master.
Man, also got an external hard drive with built in floppy drive. And another smaller floppy drive, not including the one built onto the 1000. Still have the original keyboard and mouse that came with it. MAN, despite the bashings theyve had they still work, unlike PC shet.

SO yeah, please, like I said, dont insult me, or my heart about Amiga related stuff.
AMIGA will rise!

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 04:19:25 PM »
A tiger in heat?! :-o Imagine the mess that would make!

Offline stopthegop

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 04:27:06 PM »
The thing is... Most of us here never left. We've been in since Commodore went bust. Saw companies come, make promices and then go (under). Almost all of us here, have been around since the current incarnation of Amiga, Inc. Seen all the promices and crap.

I'm just curious which "broken promises", specifically, have you upset?  There was the whole Gateway fiasco, but did you expect sunshine and erudition or anything worth a sh1t to come from a PC company, much less a kept promise?  It was obvious Gateway's intent was to harvest Amiga's many patents, nothing more; this is remarkable in itself considering how "un amiga-like" PCs still are today.  Other than that I can't think of that many broken promises to be bitter about...  Sure, there were some, such as Amiga "DE" for devices or whatever..  I consider that a blessing, not a broken promise; It was a stupid concept from the getgo.  

Lots of promises were kept -- delayed perhaps, but kept.  We were promised PCI.  Delivered.  Promised drivers for PCI cards.  Delivered.  Promised USB.  Delivered. Promised PPC.  Delivered.   Promised OS3.5.  Delivered.  3.9?  Delivered.  Bug fixes (bb1 and 2).  Delivered.  Promised G4/G5 acceleration + AGP.  We'll see.  

Primary:
A4000T. Phase5 PPC604e-233mhz/060-66mhz. Mediator, Z3 Fastlane, Voodoo5, Delfina, X-Surf, AD516, Peggy Plus.

Collection:
A4000D, A1200, A500, Milan060 (Atari clone), Atari MegaSTE, Atari TT030, C64, C128, Mattel Aquarius, (2) HP Jornada....

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 04:37:21 PM »
Mr_500:

By the way, your post had insulted me a little, as you dont even really know me, and automatically assumed I dont even have an Amiga, when yet, I remeber so many games I used to play on it.

Anyway, that aside, and before you posting, and before I joined, I actually looked at a heap of screenshots, many other webpages, read a lot, I may still be fresh back into the game, but I know what I miss, I miss being happy on a computer, and although My PC is running a 3800 AMDcpu, and a 7900 PCI express card, etc, etc, who cares its not Amiga. My oldskool Amiga gives me more happieness overall.

Now I love playing Oblivion, but at the end of the day, many Amiga games rocked, coz even after you completed them, you'd want to play them again.

Now if you ask me, PC doom, was renamed from the original Amiga game Gloom. But right now, none of this matters, as I wanted to congratulate you.

Ive seen your Amiga 500, and what it can run OS wise, man, I am impressed, infact I dare say, you were the one who inspired me to come out of my shell, and get back to what my heart desires, and my heart is hungry for Amiga.

So, why dont we all try and Get Amiga Inc to do better, by us, what the users of Amiga want?? Anyone here heard of Email?

I admit, I havent emailed yet, as I am still colecting information here, but all you guys, seem to be technically minded more so than me right now in Amiga world, SO why dont you also email them??

Go on, give it a {bleep}, and before you know it, we have 500,000 Amiga enthusiasts around the world emailing them?? and showing interest!!!!

Cheers. 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 04:40:02 PM »

Lots of promises were kept -- delayed perhaps, but kept. We were promised PCI. Delivered. Promised drivers for PCI cards. Delivered. Promised USB. Delivered. Promised PPC. Delivered. Promised OS3.5. Delivered. 3.9? Delivered. Bug fixes (bb1 and 2). Delivered. Promised G4/G5 acceleration + AGP. We'll see.

They have nothing to do with Amiga Inc. PCI busboards, USB, PPC accelerators and all other hardware was done by other companies. 3.5 and 3.9 was not developed by Amiga Inc but under license by Haage & Partner.

Amiga Inc did nothing else except made party pack promises where AmigaDE SDK purchaser gets $50 discount from OS4. Or something like that, nobody remembers it anymore and new Amiga Inc is not going to honour promised discounts of old Amiga Inc.

If you look into history you will find out that Amiga Inc was sold to KMOS few years ago and KMOS later on renamed themselves to Amiga Inc.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline stopthegop

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 04:44:49 PM »
@Itix

That was kinda my point, that all of this occurred despite Amiga, Inc., not because of them.    
Primary:

Collection:

Offline yetihw

• Show only replies by yetihw
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 25, 2007, 04:48:12 PM »
@ starke

I love the Amiga however I have no intention on purchasing an 800 dollar motherboard.  Only the truly dedicated take such a step and those seem to total around 2000.
Couldn\\\'t afford an amiga then can\\\'t afford one now.