Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (RFD) Olive branches and reuniting the community? (MorphOS / Amiga)  (Read 8190 times)

Description:

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
Re: (RFD) Olive branches and reuniting the community? (MorphOS / Amiga)
« Reply #44 from previous page: June 05, 2009, 06:49:01 PM »
Quote from: DiskDoctor;509397
But to prevent cease-fire denial, I think it (those specific issues you said) need to be clearly stated in a ToS.
We have both a moderation policy and ToS in place (see site info below) which draws attention to the "this is my house" rules of order.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline motrucker

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
I too must have been somewhere else when this split happened. Thus, I never understood it.
I think Wayne's idea is a noble one, that make sense. So I guess I would add another - try it.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline ffastback

• Show only replies by ffastback
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 11:35:13 PM »
My only real concern is that McEwen has a habit of popping up when least expected and demanding that anything not Amiga specific be removed from any site with Amiga in the name (he'd be fully justified -- no debates please, that's a statement, not a request for comment --  but it would leave us with a choice of comply, or shut the whole site down). Feel free to ask Davey D about that.

Since Amigaworld.net already does this (has an Alt OS forum for MOS/AROS/Anubis), hopefully that won't be a problem.  (Crossing fingers).

I like the idea of Amiga related sites being open to all.

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 12:04:59 AM »
Quote from: ffastback;511459
Since Amigaworld.net already does this (has an Alt OS forum for MOS/AROS/Anubis), hopefully that won't be a problem.  (Crossing fingers).

I like the idea of Amiga related sites being open to all.

Don't hear much about Anubis on this site. Glad to see you bring it up. A nice Amiga like ObjC API floating on top of the linux kernel. Hope the guys can get it off the ground, it's got potential to suck in folks from outside the amiga enthusiast sphere.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 02:07:00 AM »
What's wrong with alittle Red vs. Blue action? The Blues are so incompetent!

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 03:51:06 AM »
Quote from: Wayne;509149
I realize the inherent dangers involved, but since I lack the ability to restrain myself, I have been thinking....

What I am considering is creating a set of forums, links, and, gallery directories for MorphOS users, in the hopes of bringing them back to the ORG, and hopefully resolving some of the division that I'm sure I've helped to cause over the years.

I realize that this is an "Amiga" site.  I am *not* talking about changing that, but I beg you to remember that every member of the MorphOS community was once a very vibrant Amiga user who was run off by the inaction of Amiga Inc and the availability of a product "in their hands" that promised to do what Amiga Inc never did.

What say ye?

Wayne

I think that's a great idea Wayne.  I'm a 'new' Classic Amiga user so I don't know much about what has happened in the past but it sounds good to me.  I've already seen Classic applications that have been back-ported from MorphOS so it makes sense to be able to tap into those kind of resources.

Don't forget to also include gallery directories for AROS users, you can never have too many pictures to look at :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:22:11 PM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline jahc

• Show only replies by jahc
    • http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 08:04:29 AM »
It doesn't matter whether you use the OS4 WookieChat binary, or the MorphOS WookieChat binary.. the important thing, is that you all use WookieChat.

Note: the author of this post is only half serious. He hopes you get the serious message.