Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: favorite amiga game  (Read 13414 times)

Description:

Offline ChaosLord

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
Re: favorite amiga game
« Reply #119 from previous page: September 20, 2011, 01:55:43 AM »
Total Chaos AGA.  Forever and ever and ever and ever.
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2011, 05:23:24 AM »
Some of my favorite games off the top of my head are:
-BattleChess
-Litil Divil
-Final Odyssey
-Techno Cop
-Simon the Sorceror
-Quik the thunder Rabbit
-Soccer Kid
-Gods
-Shadow of the Beast
-Lemmings
-Utopia

I know there are more but just can't think at the moment.  Hmmmnn think im gonna go play some more Final Odyssey now:)

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2011, 06:42:20 AM »
Quote from: Gilthanaz;656254
On Amiga? Way too many, simply out of nostalgic feelings killing all common sense in my brain :P

Best game of all times on all systems:
UFO: Enemy Unknown (Nowadays: X-COM: Ufo Defense).

Best. Game. Ever.

- Gil

this man of course speaks the truth :)

BTW, UFO was the European title, while XCOM was the US title

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2011, 08:09:03 AM »
Although it pains me to say it, since I got an a1200 at the end of last year again Ive discovered that the nostalgic memories are often more fun than the games I was nostalgic about. Most Amiga games really havent aged well (even compared to other, even older machines).

Having said this though the sheer volume of titles means that if even only 1% are worth playing then there's still a heck of a lot of good titles out there. In no particular order the Amiga games I still enjoy most are:

Monkey Island 1 and 2. Not quite as good as pc or mac versions for no.2, but the amiga was where I 1st played them. No.3, while one of my all time favorite games on any platform didnt make my list as its not an amiga game (even though I 1st played it on amiga through scummvm 5 or 6 years ago).

Soccer Kid: One of the few original Amiga platform games able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the console offerings. Nice and slick and smooth, and controls well (even if I normally cant stand soccer itself).

Ruff'N'Tumble: Looks great and plays great. A little sluggish, and no parallax, etc., but this in no way hampers a great game. Renegades best game.

Robocod: An all time classic in my opinion. Sits somewhere between Sonic and Mario in terms of gameplay. Thankfully it also has similarly addictive qualities to the 2 games it was heavily inspired by.

Z-Out: awesome 2d shooter. VERY heavily inspired by RType, but technically more proficient (some great multi level parallax in later levels). One of the few Rtype clones that understood Rtype wasnt just a mindless shooter with pretty gfx. Amiga rtype was pretty decent, but not quite close enough to make my list

Addams Family: Fantastic Mario Clone that wasstrongest on the Amiga. SNES and Megadrive versions have parallax and a few other bits of eye candy, but dont play as nicely

Shadow Of The Beast3:  For my tastes the definitive SOTB. Graphically and sonically something of a mix between the 1st 2, but gameplay wise more akin to a fine tuned no.2. Great game.

Payback: So strongly resembles gta that Im surprised there was no legal trouble. Huge effort for 1 man. Plays quite nicely

Black Crypt: I always wanted to like dungeon master, but my brother played it to death and then some. Black Crypt was my replacement DM and a damn fine game  in its own right.

XTreme Racing: One of the better mario kart clones. I dont know why I like it, I just do. Has that same irritating but addictive gameplay as snes mari karts. Simultaneously fun and annoying.

Sinbad And The THrone Of The Falcon: Probably my favorite Cinemaware game. That may be due to nostalgia in part, but the game itself holds up pretty well. *THE* game that made me need an amiga back in '86.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline AmigaTuga

• Show only replies by AmigaTuga
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2011, 01:38:48 PM »
my favourite games are, 1-Sensible world of soccer, 2- Dune2 The Battle for arrakis, 3-F1 Grand Prix, 4- Cannon Fodder 1, 5- Napalm, 6- The Duel Test Drive2, 7-continental circus, 8- Great Courts 2, 9- Arkanoid, 10- Rod land

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »
Chaos engine, Banshee, Apidya, Xenon 2, Flashback, Ruff 'n' Tumble and many others.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline Elvir

• Show only replies by Elvir
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »
Ruffn tumble
Mortal kombat 2
Project X
Worms
Super frog
Uridium 2
Universe
All Terrain Racing
Carcharodon
Dyna blaster
Shadow Fighter

Offline koshman

• Show only replies by koshman
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2011, 09:53:30 PM »
Speedball 2, The Secret of Monkey Island (and any other ScummVM adventure games), Great Courts 2, Turrican II, UFO, Civilization, Wizardry VI, Frontier, Ambermoon, Dungeon Master 1 & 2, Alien Breed 3D, North & South, Moonstone, Zeewolf, Hilt II, EOB, Walker, Lionheart etc.

Really too much to list all of them...
- Radim

A600 - 68020/33, 10MB RAM, 3.1, 2GB SD

Offline AmigaTuga

• Show only replies by AmigaTuga
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2011, 04:05:34 PM »
ya ther are many games to be listed, Banshee, snow bros., goal, man.utd the double, project x,   etc....